• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First page first listing on Google for terms but no PR?

joshuad79

I have a website that I have recently put online for a client and I have gotten it listed on first page of Google but can't seem to ever have the pr with the site. I am fairly new to all of this and was hoping far some advice on why this might be. I did look for this and did not see it when I searched the forum. Thanks to anyone in advance.

PR is only a measurement of links to your site. It might be that you don't have any, or very few. It is not nearly as important as it was years ago so I wouldn't worry much about it. At least not as a measurement. You should get links to your site since they do help.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Would you help me Get my Clothing Web site top of Google Pages?

If anyone really knew how to get a definate top ranking in google, they would be making a fortune. You will generally find that top spots are taken by those companies with a large budget, and i doubt you have that, especially in a competitive market like clothing.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have a website that I have recently put online for a client and I have gotten it listed on first page of Google but can't seem to ever have the pr with the site. I am fairly new to all of this and was hoping far some advice on why this might be. I did look for this and did not see it when I searched the forum. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Read up on " Google sandbox"

If anyone really knew how to get a definate top ranking in google, they would be making a fortune. You will generally find that top spots are taken by those companies with a large budget, and i doubt you have that, especially in a competitive market like clothing.

It depends on the keywords one is going after. Any site can reach a top ten position, though that can't be guaranteed, but it depends on the keyword being targeted and, more importantly, how competitive that keyword is. If you sell computers and have not been ranked and your main keyword is computers, then it will take a lot of work to rank well for it due to how competitive that keyword is. But if you happen to sell "computers with red and blue strips," then you would rank in the top ten in a few weeks, most likely, since it is doubtful that anyone is searching for that keyword so there wouldn't be any competition. The trick is to find the balance between the searches done and what applies to your site. But it can definately be done.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived