I've recently started developing software for store owners to handle customer orders more efficiently. In particular, I'm trying find ways of streamlining the whole process.
Don't worry, I didn't start this thread to try and sell software, more along the line of whether people would be interested in this product as a free software and what they would like to see in it.
At the moment this is how it works....
- Customer Packing Slips are automatically printed out as soon as an order is received. Exactly the same as the standard packing slip, except with an Order ID barcode
- Store Staff login into the software using an employee number or email address
- The latest orders completed orders are displayed along with orders 'processing' highlighted in red.
- staff scan the barcode on the packing slip to bring up the contents of the customer's order.
- staff find all the products in their warehouse/shop and scan the products using barcode scanner. The software cross references the products scanned against the customer's order. If the correct item is scanned, it is ticked off.
- Staff fold up the packing slip, to show the customer's delivery address and stick it in one of those document enclosed wallets and stick on customer's package.
- Once the order is complete, the customer is notified, letting them know their order has been completed and is awaiting dispatch.
- When the courier arrives, staff scan packing no again and this notifies the customer that the parcel has been dispatched.
These are the key features of the software:
- Key Performance Indicators of order handling and process sequence times... using industry standard lean manufacturing tools, etc
- To reduce the input required by mouse or keyboard
- Software has access priveledges to prevent certain gaining access to certain functions
- Table fields fully customisable and means that the software should work with oscommerce that has been modified intensively.
Edited by dominic87, 18 December 2011 - 07:16 PM.