Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Order Handling Software

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21   dominic87

dominic87
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 22:42

Just to keep everybody up to date and not let this thread go stale, I have some updates...
Given the postive feedback that I have had from Ian and a few others, I'm close to releasing the first publically available copy of the software.
I just need to start writing some clear set up instructions/guided set up video and we should be good to go.

As can be seen from the screen shots, the operator is shown a packing list, where each item is scanned and then is checked against the customer's order. If there is an item mismatch, an error message appears, else the product is checked off.

Once all the products in the order have been scanned, the operator is asked how they would like to update the order. Again, shortcut barcodes can be used to help reduce typing time and ultimately keep a low handling/takt time.

Notice that the order comments can be pre-written. So if you use common phrases or comments, these can easily be used time and time again.

Attached Files

Edited by dominic87, 15 February 2012 - 22:53.

#22   dominic87

dominic87
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 22:58

Also forgot to mention that it now has been tested on Windows 7 64 bit successfully.

#23   rmanbike

rmanbike
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:12

I have a Filemaker DB that connects to OScommerce mysql to retrieve info from website= new customers and new orders, etc. This Filemaker DB creates from this everything else we need to run our system including; invoicing, inventory, CRM, purchasing, shipping etc.
All info is stored and backup in our Filemaker DB.

#24   mbuist

mbuist
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 21:05

How are things moving on this project. Any thin gto show yet