• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Header Navigation Background Image Without Changing Info Box Heading Backgrounds

islandgeek

This one is really giving me a headache!

I want to change the header navigation background image without changing the info box header background image!

Currently the image for both of these areas is /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_55_5c9ccc_500x100 and this is controlled from /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

Please help solve a headache!

Thank you.

No reason for headaches smile.png

Following would work on a default osCommerce

#header .ui-widget-header{background:none; background-color:#f00;}

add this to file catalog/stylesheet.css

You can of course add an image or anything you want

Hi multimixer, thanks for the help, this is the second time you have given me advice, much appreciated, however I tried that and it didn't work, I tried changing the code with an image and different colours but still getting the image from /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_55_5c9ccc_500x100.png showing in both the header navigation background and info box headers, is there anything else I can try?

Hi Multimixer, thanks for the reply, you can take a look at either www.nelsonspetfood.co.uk/publicshop or www.kathtsgiftshop.co.uk/publicshop both have the same issue, I want the bar at the top with the 'click for home page' link in to have a different background to the info box heading backgrounds, any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Ok, it was my mistake before, the breadcrumb is not in #header

Anyway, this will work at the bottom of your stylesheet.css

div.grid_24>div.ui-widget-header{background:none; background-color:#f00;}

You are one fantastic genius Multimixer, I've struggled my way around that one for several hours, thanks very much thumbsup.gif

I have one other problem that I need some advice with which is the background image when you select any item from categories, so from the home page select any category, then in the list of products I want to have one with a plain white background and one with a plain background with a border around? Any advice would be much appreciated?

If you click on the category 'dog food' for example then you get the porduct list for that category, every other poroduct has a shaded background, in this case /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/images/ui-bg_inset-hard_100_fcfdfd_1x100.pn, I want to take out both backgrounds and change them for something else, so one would be plain white and the other would be plain white with a border, hope that makes senseblink.png

Archived