• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Banner Box for 2.3

kymation

This module allows you to add a banner to the left or right column of your store. This can be a credit card image, a Paypal button. or an advertising banner for your products. The banner can be linked to a page in your store.

You can have more than one banner assigned to the box, and have one selected at random every time a visitor loads the page. Banners are controlled by your Banner Manager.

The box header is optional, and can also be linked to a page if it is shown.

Download it here.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

I installed this & my box isn't showing. It states in the instructions:

You can assign one or more banners to this box. If more than one banner is assigned, the

module will pick one at random to show on each page when that page is viewed by a customer.

You must assign your banner(s) to the box_module class for them to show in this box.

How do I do this?

From the last paragraph in that section:

Use the Banner Manager that comes with osCommerce to upload and configure your banners.

See the instructions that came with your copy of osCommerce to learn how to use the Banner

Manager.

Regards

Jim

works a treat, many thanks

only issue i found is with the pixel width

the accompanying users manual states 237pixels in width will fit with std oscommerce boxes

as far as i am aware my site is standard, but had to reduce to 130ish to make fit, more likely the problem is with me, but i thought i would mention incase

Hi kymation,

Thank you for this Add-On, it was just what I needed. Quick question though... any idea why, even though I've got the box set to the right with an image in it, IE stubbornly refuses to place it anywhere but the bottom left? It's fine in FF and Chrome.

I've tried:

FF 3+ ( up to 6)

Chrome 12+

and IE 8

I'm working on XP so can't try IE 9.

here's the link. http://www.rain-e-daze.co.uk/shop/

Any thoughts would be appreciated but bear in mind that I've only been using osC for about 12 hours. :s

Thank you,

Graham

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

Try temporarily setting another box to the right column. If it also ends up in the left column, you have something wrong in your HTML code that is pushing the columns together.

Regrds

Jim

Hi Jim,

Here is basic bannerRotator plugin with bm_banner. I'm not expert of english so someone could edit it would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

OK, so now I look like a complete noob. It turns out that the image was fractionally over the 137px size limit. I dropped it to 130px and it's fine now in everything.I've got.

I wouldn't have got that it I hadn't checked the HTML, thank you JIm

Regards,

Graham

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i try to use your addon ..but it's not working ...i mean i upload the files in the right places like it's said in manual ..i go to admin i instal the box ....i set the box to right column i put a order number , title link empty i click save and when i go back ti my store ....the main / index page won't load at all just the site banner and the background nothing else ..when i disable the box ...site load normally !

so what it's wrong ?

and yes i upload 1 img size 137 pixels with banner manager but i don't see any link with banner box addon ?

I've never been able to duplicate this error. I suspect it has something to do with a server setting or the PHP version. I might be able to track it down given more information.

Regards

Jim

Installed as per your instructions - ERROR

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /home/content/g/e/o/georgefasal/html/FASAL/business/includes/classes/language.php on line 16

Hi Gemma and Jim,

i had the same problem. See my previous post and install that my package attached there.

Edited by Gergely

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi Jim,

Here is basic bannerRotator plugin with bm_banner. I'm not expert of english so someone could edit it would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Gergely

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've made a few minor changes to the instructions, plus I moved the install SQL into the module's install method to avoid having to manually modify the database. Please test this out and see what you think. It works on my test server, but I've never been able to see the language bug, so yours is clearly different. Here's the file.

Regards

Jim

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've made a few minor changes to the instructions, plus I moved the install SQL into the module's install method to avoid having to manually modify the database. Please test this out and see what you think. It works on my test server, but I've never been able to see the language bug, so yours is clearly different. Here's the file.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

no problem. Thanks. This will work. Two constant parameter missing.

I inserted plus defines for test working into execute() function and works without SQL errors.

} else {
	  define('MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR', 4);
	  define('BANNER_ORDER', 5);
	  //banner rotator

It would be appreciate to insert these parameters into database install. I don1t do it because if others like to use the same banner rotator JS code in modular frontpage or header footer modules can be conflict. I think we have to rename this constant names before.

MAX_DISPLAY_BANNER_ROTATOR to MODULE_BOXES_BANNER_ROTATOR_MAX_DISPLAY

BANNER_ORDER to MODULE_BOXES_BANNER_ROTATOR_ORDER

This prevents conflicts with other modules and can set in module box by admin configurations.

Regards,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

I agree that they should be renamed. They should be set in the module as you suggest.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Regards

Jim

I agree that they should be renamed. They should be set in the module as you suggest.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Regards

Jim

What do you say if I make a simple SQL module pack for second part installations? This banner box package need banner table alter with language_id. We forgot this.

SQL modules using for other problems can be safer too.

I already took care of that. Look at the install method of the module:

// Check whether the banners table has been altered and add the language field if it has not
  $check_structure_query_raw = "describe " . TABLE_BANNERS;
  $check_structure_query = tep_db_query( $check_structure_query_raw );
  $banners_language = false;
  while( $check_structure_data = tep_db_fetch_array( $check_structure_query ) ) {
    if( $check_structure_data['Field'] == 'language_id' ) {
	  $banners_language = true;
    }
  }
  // Now insert the language field if we need to
  if( $banners_language == false ) {
    // ALTER TABLE `banners` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER `banners_id` ;
    tep_db_query( "alter table " . TABLE_BANNERS . " add column `language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL default '1' after `banners_id`" );
  }

Regards

Jim

:-)

I already took care of that. Look at the install method of the module:

Regards

Jim

Thanks I was careless. Here is new bm_banner.php for banner box:

I optimized header tags uploading when not set another language banners and add new variables to install for sql. http://oscom.hu/phocadownload/banner_box_rotator_edited.zip

I have made sql modules package. It is good for review secondary contributions if used. One new version number row insert into configuration table.

Regards,

Gergely