Photo

osc3.0.2 - first trial & some issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 15:02

after making the changes in php.ini (i remember there were more than one instatnce i made the changes but did not bother to think which one was necessary and which was not), i only see one php notice after logging in admin - every time it is about the customers query. i do not bother to find out why it generates this 'error'. from a pragmatic point of view, i ignore it or simply comment out line 68 in PDOStatement.php if i dont want to see this silly 'error'.

i am more irritated by the way the default currency is handled: there are a total of 3 places that are relevant to the setting of default currency, which will no doubt in my mind confuse an ordinary webshop owner and there would be questions of 'can't set default currency' posted on the forums. the 3 places are: 1. configuartion - languages where you seem to be able to set a default currency, which in fact may not be the case; 2. configuartion - currencies, which again may not be the case; and 3. modules - services - currencies. the setting would depend on the other one or two settings. to be honest, to my liking, i would simplify the process of setting default currency and take away the default currency from the languages settings, and from the services, leave it only to the configuration - currencies.

as i am peeking it more and more, i discover theres a nice feature in customer's edit: you can see a google map showing that customer's address/area.

Nice job!
Ken
commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).
over 20 years of computer programming experience.