2.3 PayPal validation error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1   DeadBoLt79

DeadBoLt79
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:49

I cannot find anyone with this same issue. I have setup a store to use PayPal Website Payments Standard module. It works great if the user has a PayPal account - but if they select the option of not having a PayPal account - The user enters in their credit card info and receives the following error (It's been tried with a few different cards - all ending with the same error)

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

Can anyone give me an answer as to why this is happening.

Thanks,
Dave

#2   29gk

29gk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:57

I cannot find anyone with this same issue. I have setup a store to use PayPal Website Payments Standard module. It works great if the user has a PayPal account - but if they select the option of not having a PayPal account - The user enters in their credit card info and receives the following error (It's been tried with a few different cards - all ending with the same error)

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

Can anyone give me an answer as to why this is happening.

Thanks,
Dave

Take a look on this

http://forums.oscomm...ments-standard/

#3   satish

satish
  • Members
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:59

If you are trying ot use a CC number which is associated with same paypal account then too it will be rejected.

Paypal might reject a credit card fomr many diff reasons.

Also make sure your paypal profile allows for credit card payment.

Satish
Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

#4   DeadBoLt79

DeadBoLt79
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 18:14

Take a look on this

http://forums.oscomm...ments-standard/

I did find that post before, but with 2.3 I guess they changed that already - as my paypal-standard.php file already has the following code

$this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Paypal might reject a credit card for many diff reasons.

I really don't think this is a credit card issue. There have been a number customers saying they are getting the same error - as well as my client tried a couple of different cards. Also, the transaction successfully completes if a customer pays by logging into PayPal.

Thanks,

- Dave

Edited by DeadBoLt79, 02 August 2011 - 18:15.