• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the format of the category page.

Ok, I'm trying to make my new web site with this program look as close as possible to my old one. So far, things are going great; however, I have run into another obsticle.

On my old site, when you went to a category page, it had the picture, description, and the "Add to cart" button of each product arranged very neatly in a table. You can see it at http://www.annakaydesigns.com/store/agora....product=Sarongs.

I want to achieve the same layout using this program. However, the category pages have just a list of the product names. You can see that at http://www.annakaydesigns.com/catalog/defa...2701c4d24c19f2d.

Can I, and if so how, make this layout adjustment? I don't know php and it would be most helpful if you can help me with this.

there is one contribution that will let you change the layout from rows to columns with 2, 3, 4 products across (whatever you set it to)

the add to cart contribution should be somewhere in the dl section, but depending on the version of OSC you are using it may or may not work...

8)

Thanks. I'm having trouble finding it in that endless list of contributions. I believe you and know its there, but do you happen to know the name of it?

I tried to install the first contribution and got the following error:

Parse error: parse error in /home/annakayd/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 121
. You said that I might get a problem with the second contribution, but not this one. I am running 2.2CVS. What did I do wrong?

parse errors usually mean you have a stray white space following a ?> tag and php doesnt like that

edit the file and find the white space....

There were a couple of ?> with the space after that. I fexed them, but I still have the error. Is there anything else that can cause a Parse error?

Never mind. I just used the sample product_listing file included in the contribution and it worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Regarding the second contribution:

I installed it. I'm not sure this is because my version of osCommerce is incompatible or what, but when I installed it, the Buy it Now button only showed up on the New Products section and not the categories section. By the way, at the bottom of the new products I have the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/new_products.php' (include_path='') in /home/annakayd/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 43
. This, however, doesn't seem to affect the buttons' function.

Once again, never mind. Figured it out by myself. The second contribution isn't necessary. There is an option in the admin.

that error is telling you the language file is missing (which is strange)

when you say you want buy now btn in catagories, do you mean when the customer sees the product list for the catagory? that would be turned on in the your admin panel - configutation - product listing

Archived