• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MS1 Edit Billing Address Bug

HLT

Its understandable to miss something. However the attitude "just relax" when something is pointed out, is common unfortunately, and uncalled for, whether or not OSC is free.

I think that's whats frustrating the above poster the most. Believe it or not, I know people who are afraid to come here and report bugs for this very reason. Don't be a jerk if someone finds a bug. If its found and communicated politely, then a polite response is in order. Thank you Linda for doing just that :)

HLT

www.hairlosstalk.com

Consumer Hair Loss Information & Support

I can't believe Jeff actually made the statement that "if its not a showstopper, its not a bug". You're kidding me right?

HLT

www.hairlosstalk.com

Consumer Hair Loss Information & Support

no I am not kidding, joking, amusing or anything else

the function works, what all this banter has been about is that it requires an extra mouse click because the forms were not standardized

that is not a bug - it is a bad implementation or missing implementation of a feature - a bug is something that breaks the system (in pure programming terms)

jesus christ jeff its been fixed... why the hell do u feel the need to keep stirring up shit? go back to the hole you crawled out of

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Keep in mind something before you blow over the words a person says.

Often times, because it is in type, a lot is left out to the meaning or intention.

So often I see something said in type by someone I "know" the thumbprint of their writing, so to speak ... and it has no effect on me, as I can "hear" the way they meant something to come across.

But then, I see someone else take offense to the post because they were too quick to interpret the meaning or how something is said.

For instance, jeff pointed out that a function of the code is not considered a bug when it is *different* ... and technically, it isn't a bug.

But to Joshua ... that is a major "bug" because the difference breaks the flow.

Neither is wrong.

But, fixing the difference in the flow of the code is of importance, as Joshua suggested. It just isn't a "bug" as jeff suggested.

Neither is wrong.

But it was an issue and should be brought to light and taken seriously as a needed fix.

So you both are right ... neither is wrong ... you just use different words in your explinations on why something should or should not be fixed.

So ... let's play nice now ... and go with the flow ... :D

And don't beat me up for tossing in my two cents ... I didn't have a quarter ... 8)

which is more than I can say for other members of the team...

:cry: That hurt my feelings :)

and there it is fixed... the new state logic in those 2 files is an exact copy of the logic in the other account forms... it's all standardized and took 2 minutes to figure out and implement, which only leads to the confusion as why it wasn't fixed earlier...

Thanks for the code snippet. Will go away and test on latest CVS and will get it commited asap.

As for why it wasn't fixed earlier I guess that slipped through our beady eye's which happens when u only get a couple of hours sleep a night :lol:

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

I understand the proposed fix is to always have a drop down of state names. But, the proper way to write an address in the US, or to address a package or letter for the US Postal Service, is to use the two letter abreviation, never the state's name. Also, there is no comma between the city and the state, and the two letter abbreviations are always capitals with no punctuation.

So, I now always have to change the state name to the abreviation and remove the comma when I copy the address and add the customer in Quickbooks (although UPS on-line shipping uses full state names - go figure).

So my preference would be a drop down with state abbreviations (and the full names next to them in the drop-down in parenthesis), or an option to choose abbreviations or full names in the admin section.

Thanks,

- Adam

Thanks Mark ... you are a sweety!! :D

Careful you'll make me :blush: :)

Tested and commited to CVS.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Mark,

The secret is the accent,

US ladies love our accents:

*bar scene- man and woman *

"Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred .."

"Oh James..."

"Yes, Moneypenny ?"

"its your round !"

:-)

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

That is MS1 code.....Are you looking at the right file? We're talking checkout_payment_address.php and checkout_shipping_address.php

i am going blind again 8) 8) 8)

ok, i found the code - i was looking (or not looking) at the wrong piece of code....

:shock:

i am going blind again 8) 8) 8)

ok, i found the code - i was looking (or not looking) at the wrong piece of code....

:shock:

Archived