Add More Fields

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#141   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 13:40

that's what i did, i can see the field in the database, but the fields have the value "array" or "null", is that ok ? or should they have the value i specified when i create the drop down field (value-1, value-2, value-3,...)
thank you for your cooperation.

They should be as you entered them in the option list column.

#142   shelby72

shelby72
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 23:52

I added a field to the Products table and deleted it and now it's still showing up in my product listings table on the site and I can't find it anywhere in the database to get rid of it. I can't get it off my product listings table no matter what I try to do. I even deleted the Add More Fields files and started over and it's still there.

#143   shelby72

shelby72
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 00:51

I added a field to the Products table and deleted it and now it's still showing up in my product listings table on the site and I can't find it anywhere in the database to get rid of it. I can't get it off my product listings table no matter what I try to do. I even deleted the Add More Fields files and started over and it's still there.

I figured it out. It had nothing to do with this contribution. I've been trying to upgrade my Oscommerce Shop to 2.3 and copy everything over from Oscommerce MS2. It was a setting in the includes/languages/english/index.php file that was set.

#144   Jessie3

Jessie3
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:10

I can not seem to find the answer so I hope you can help me

I have been trying to install Add More Fields to OSC 2.3.3 but I have a issue or confusion.

Step 7. In admin/categories.php Line 823 and 925, I can not find the in 2.3.3 what to change/add.

Is this because I am using 2.3.3? Is there a work around or suggestions?

Thank you for helping

#145   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:23

@Jessie3

If you are using the correct version for your osCommerce site and have not made any significant modifications to the /admin/categories.php file then you should not have any issues. If you have made changed to the categories.php file then you may need to use a file comparison tool to integrate the code into your site.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#146   lusiddrmr

lusiddrmr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 22:00

I have added several extra fields to my store. They all work fine. The problem im having is, how do i add my new fields to $order to i can call them to show on the checkout confirmation page and in the order process email the customer and i receive? There is very little info on there. I would like to show the size, color, fabric, etc not just the name, qty, price and total

Can anyone help me with this. Looked everywhere and seems a little in-depth for me to tackle myself.

thx

#147   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:01

This addon only allows fields to be added to the products and products description tables. I don't think there is an addon that will do what you want since the order table is used in many places. You'll most likely have to do that by hand.

#148   lusiddrmr

lusiddrmr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 13:07

I could probably do that if someone could point me in the right direction. In which file are is the product info/shopping cart items added to the orders_products table? My store is really stripped down with no customer log-ins, so im not worried about the many places. I would only have to code from shopping cart to checkout.

#149   lusiddrmr

lusiddrmr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 21:51

nevermind, figured it out

#150   discxpress

discxpress
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:59

Hello @Jack_mcs,

I want to display the values of the custom fields to the product page. For example, if I want the model number to show up on the product page, I would simply place
<?php echo ($product_info['products_model']); ?>
anywhere on the page. I am trying to get the value of the field "Platform" to appear on the product page by using
<?php echo ($product_info['products_platform']); ?>
since it's in the same table as products_model.

Everything shows up in the database and store admin just fine but I'm having difficulty getting the values to show up on the shop side.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by discxpress, 30 June 2013 - 09:59.

#151   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 14:30

You have to add the field to the database call. Find in the product_info file the line that starts with $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id and add your field to the list.

#152   discxpress

discxpress
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:42

You have to add the field to the database call. Find in the product_info file the line that starts with $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id and add your field to the list.

Thanks Jack. I had did that already but it wasn't working. So I guess the cache wasnt cleared in Chrome. I gave up on it for a while and we had a power outage and decided to try again. Now everything seems ok.

#153   la.antoniadis@gmail.com

la.antoniadis@gmail.com
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:39

Hello jack!

I have a problem with the fields that have a drop down list. All fields works fine but when I chose a value of the drop down and then save the product if I edit the same product again the field with the drop down is not saves the last chose!
Anything for this
Lazaros

regards

Lazaros

#154   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 13:07

It is probably due to a mistake in the edits for the admin/categories.php file. Try using the included one to see if it works. If it does, you will need to compare the two to find the problem or re-do the edits.

#155   la.antoniadis@gmail.com

la.antoniadis@gmail.com
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 15:14

You mean to compare the categories.php file from my installation with the one from the contribution?

regards

Lazaros

#156   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 16:17

Try the one from the package first just to verify the problem is in yours. If it works, then the problem is in your file and needs to be compared.

#157   la.antoniadis@gmail.com

la.antoniadis@gmail.com
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 18:23

i do that the problem continue to exist! I choose a value from the drop down lists save and if i edit again the drop down is "select an option"

regards

Lazaros

#158   la.antoniadis@gmail.com

la.antoniadis@gmail.com
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 17:12

The installation of this addon is easy but I can't figure out what the problem may be with the dropdown predefined values! What else may I check? All the texts, varchar or the int type values are stored correctly!

Any help will be appreciated!!

regards

Lazaros

#159   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,682 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 18:02

If it fails with the categories file from the addon, then it may be how the field is being created. The dropdown type has to be set to the products description table so you may want to check that.

#160   la.antoniadis@gmail.com

la.antoniadis@gmail.com
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 21:18

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!
It has to be set as products description!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

regards

Lazaros