- - - - -

Will resetting password erase database?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1   soysauce

soysauce
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I forgot my password to my database and I need to reset it. Will resetting my password erase everything I have in there? Thanks.

#2   Peper

Peper
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Backup your database just for in case and go to table administrators and delete the names there
Go back to shop admin and you will be able to create new user
Contributions successfully installed : Header tags SEO, Scrolling new products, Customer testimonials, Support tickets, Polls, Link exchange, SPPC, X-sell, Master products, Dhtml menu, Image cache, Slide show, Product videos, Product custom sort, Product notes, Discount coupons, Ask question(review style + admin), CP builder, Customers also purchased, price list, // SEO URLS 5, and forgot the others and then a real admin setup.

#3   soysauce

soysauce
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

sorry I'm kind of new to oscommerce, I'm doing this for my boss. I'm not sure where "Table Administrators" is. Everything I'm seeing online about resetting the password has to do with editing the .htpasswd file. I'm just afraid that once I do that all my files for my online store will be erased. Can I back up my database by just downloading all the files on my ftp to an external hard drive? And if by some chance the database is deleted, would I simply have to re-upload the files to the ftp?

Edited by soysauce, 29 June 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#4   Peper

Peper
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

You must use e.g. Cpanel the place where you will see phpMyAdmin

Click on that and on the left click on your shop's database
On top Heading click export and then go - will ask you to save database

on left click on administrators.

Then page will show you with:  id user_name user_password
just below this heading you will see name and click on the red x

confirmation will show up Do you really want to:  DELETE FROM `your database`.`administrators` WHERE `administrators`.`id` = 1
Click ok
Contributions successfully installed : Header tags SEO, Scrolling new products, Customer testimonials, Support tickets, Polls, Link exchange, SPPC, X-sell, Master products, Dhtml menu, Image cache, Slide show, Product videos, Product custom sort, Product notes, Discount coupons, Ask question(review style + admin), CP builder, Customers also purchased, price list, // SEO URLS 5, and forgot the others and then a real admin setup.

#5   soysauce

soysauce
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

Thanks, we figured it out.