• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

superfish navigation help

maepl

Does anyone have this superfish horizontal category menu working on 2.3? The install says to Open includes/application_top.php

change:

$stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/>

';

to:

$stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/superfish.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/superfish.css" />

';

but there is no $stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/> in the application_top.php

:(Any help greatly appreciated.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

This is not an answer to the question and SSL has nothing to do with the superfish navigation. If you have this contibution installed on 2.3 I would appreciate some real help. If you do not know anything about this contribution please do not post someone that has a real answer may not post because they think you gave me an answer to the question, and you have not. If you cannot help, please do not hurt.... :angry:

Hi

grem answer is correct:

you need to edit: template_top.php

This is where you will find the code for all the css and js calls.

This is not an answer to the question and SSL has nothing to do with the superfish navigation. If you have this contibution installed on 2.3 I would appreciate some real help. If you do not know anything about this contribution please do not post someone that has a real answer may not post because they think you gave me an answer to the question, and you have not. If you cannot help, please do not hurt.... :angry:

I fail to understand how ssl has anything to do with this question? The stylesheet links in /catalog/includes/template_top.php do not have this specific line. Do you have this superfish installed on 2.3.1? I am looking for someone

who has it installed and working to tell me how to install it because the line of code is not in the oscommerce files. So clearly it is put somewhere or tweeked but I am not sure so I am looking for someone who has it installed. :(

You asked about the stylesheet.

I told you where to find it in osC.

A mistake it appears by your flippant attitude.

It (my providing you with any assiatnce at all) won't happen again I can assure you.

:angry:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

hahahah, please don kill us... our bad, master give us another chance to help you! please. PLEASEEEE :lol:

BY THE WAY... THE LOGS shows that she or he is from China; I bet that lisa feldman is not real name!

You asked about the stylesheet.

I told you where to find it in osC.

A mistake it appears by your flippant attitude.

It (my providing you with any assiatnce at all) won't happen again I can assure you.

:angry:

You are not assisting, and you are not answering question? Clearly you do not understand English or the question very well. I was not being flippant. I was request help, and you did not read the question clearly, which might stop another who does understand English and or the question. The question was where do I find this line that clearly is not where the install says it is? In the APPLICATION_TOP??? The template_top does not have have the line of code that I my question pertained to, and I am being asked to replace!! $stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/>. Clearly the template_top does control some boxes, but again not what I asked about nor did I ask about SSL.

hahahah, please don kill us... our bad, master give us another chance to help you! please. PLEASEEEE :lol:

BY THE WAY... THE LOGS shows that she or he is from China; I bet that lisa feldman is not real name!

Was the question about my birthplace??? What does it matter where I was born? Did you want to know??? Again wrong Brookly N.Y.

Now that we have my birthplace out of the way, Yes my real name is Lisa Feldman. Now that we have all the things that have nothing to do with assisting those of us who do not know it all out of the way, may I say I have no need or want to be the master of someone who's answer to questions is please don't kill us, and giving miss information like China. The good news is someone else, who clearly knows more than me, and is very professional in their answer has informed me that I have missed something and I am going to look for my mistake. I would be nice if you could try being as professional, if you need an example of professional please see their response to the question. Hopefully you will not continue to offend yourself.

You are not assisting, and you are not answering question? Clearly you do not understand English or the question very well. I was not being flippant. I was request help, and you did not read the question clearly, which might stop another who does understand English and or the question. The question was where do I find this line that clearly is not where the install says it is? In the APPLICATION_TOP??? The template_top does not have have the line of code that I my question pertained to, and I am being asked to replace!! $stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/>. Clearly the template_top does control some boxes, but again not what I asked about nor did I ask about SSL.

The link about SSL is in my signature and appears in all my posts.

It has nothing to do with your problem or my reply.

You should learn how to read forum posts correctly.

I could provide further insight but I've already stated that I won't.

"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Was the question about my birthplace??? What does it matter where I was born? Did you want to know??? Again wrong Brookly N.Y.

Now that we have my birthplace out of the way, Yes my real name is Lisa Feldman. Now that we have all the things that have nothing to do with assisting those of us who do not know it all out of the way, may I say I have no need or want to be the master of someone who's answer to questions is please don't kill us, and giving miss information like China. The good news is someone else, who clearly knows more than me, and is very professional in their answer has informed me that I have missed something and I am going to look for my mistake. I would be nice if you could try being as professional, if you need an example of professional please see their response to the question. Hopefully you will not continue to offend yourself.

Hahahah... really you need some Anger management therapy.

:-"

Please don't kill us.

AND YOUR NAME IS NOT LISA :P

Hahahah... really you need some Anger management therapy.

:-"

Please don't kill us.

AND YOUR NAME IS NOT LISA :P

Please grow-up and use the site for what it was intended for. Not for this foolish, childish behavior you seem to want to engage in. I can't force you to be professional, or act like an intelligent young lady, but I will not engage in this childish game further. Please do not post here again, or I will be forced to report you for abusing this site. This site is intended to help educate those who need help with oscommerce. Please learn to respect the oscommerce rules.

Please grow-up and use the site for what it was intended for. Not for this foolish, childish behavior you seem to want to engage in. I can't force you to be professional, or act like an intelligent young lady, but I will not engage in this childish game further. Please do not post here again, or I will be forced to report you for abusing this site. This site is intended to help educate those who need help with oscommerce. Please learn to respect the oscommerce rules.

please! don't report me... :rolleyes:

I'll promise to be such a good girl :)

well this is my last post to you, I have to work, good luck, and remember:

YOUR NAME IS NOT LISA :P and really you need some Anger management therapy. :P

upss I did it again hehheh

bye

yiewww... you are so gullible... a easily trapped in the game; funny.

I think the line you are looking for is in includes/template_top.php, and dont tell me its not there because it is in my copy

I will not tell you this exact line is not in the template_top, I will paste my template top here, please tell me which line has the exact line I am looking for, because I have look, and done a search and replace, and I nor the computer ca find this exact code. Your assistance in finding this exact line of code $stylesheet='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/'.$template_name.'/stylesheet.css"/> would be appreciated. Clearly I see the stylesheet link rel and a few different stylesheets. Most of which seems to come from a ext folder and whats in here does not seem to be simple css. The contribution wants me to take this line above out and replace it with several other lines of code.

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$oscTemplate->buildBlocks();

if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) {

$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());

}

if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) {

$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());

}

?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />

<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script> ?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js"></script>

<?php

if (tep_not_null(JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE)) {

?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

$.datepicker.setDefaults($.datepicker.regional['<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>']);

</script>

<?php

}

?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/960gs/<?php echo ((stripos(HTML_PARAMS, 'dir="rtl"') !== false) ? 'rtl_' : ''); ?>960_24_col.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />This line is the closest I can find to the code I was asked to replace, but again not exact

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags');// can't see a change ?>

</head>

<body>

<div id="bodyWrapper" class="container_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContainerWidth(); ?>">

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<div id="bodyContent" class="grid_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth();?> <?php echo ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left') ? 'push_' . $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth() : ''); ?>">

The line you need is there. It may not be exactly the same, it may not be word for word, letter by letter. Version 2.3 is different. It has been altered, updated and modified, which means the code has been altered where required. If you are looking for a straight copy and paste job, use version 2.2, or wait for someone else to alter the code you require. You need to find the line, that is similar, and modify it to match your new code. its not that hard, and i dont fully understand coding. What i can do is compare lines of code.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I will not tell you this exact line is not in the template_top

I have already told you that you do not have that line of code, it's not there, it never was. You are just wasting your time looking for it.

You need to add this code to template_top.php

<link rel="stylesheet" href="superfish.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="superfish.js"></script> 

based on css / js files in root directory.

I have already told you that you do not have that line of code, it's not there, it never was. You are just wasting your time looking for it.

You need to add this code to template_top.php

<link rel="stylesheet" href="superfish.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="superfish.js"></script> 

based on css / js files in root directory.

Hi JLewis,

I knew it was not in there but this person wants to tell me it is. I am a firm believer that the world is not round because someone says it is round, it is round because one can prove it. I was giving him a chance to prove that exact line of code was in the script on that page.

I took your advice and went back to see what I had missed. It was a few days ago so I cannot remember exactly what other contribution it was that I needed, but when I went to the contribution it was also for another version of oscommerce not the one I have. To be honest I got a little frustrated when I saw another contribution that was not for my version and decided to go into the ext folder see what I can control from there since the stylesheet.css in the catalog seems to control almost nothing and the stylesheet.css in the ext folder seems to control the majority. Then I thought I would try to figure out where the actual function that makes the call to the categories is being brought in (echoed). I can manipulate it from there. Clearly that is not being called in the header, maybe I will find some answers in the modules, I was boxes I think, anyway I know I am probably going about in a very difficult way, but really do not know any other way. I was looking for a quick fix using the superfish and I should know better at 51 that I can only find myself with a whole set of other problems when trying to find quick fixes. I sincerely appreciate your input... Thank you...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have Superfish working in 2.2 and am now trying to upgrade to 2.3.1

but am having issues with the menu "going behind" some of the code below it,see

http://188.121.46.152/catalogtestsg231/index.php and hover over "hardware"

It appears possibly to be something to do with div bodycontent and columnleft. I have tried for hours to get this working but my JQuery/960 skills are lacking

Can anyone assist?

Regards

Philip

Nice work on the menu btw. Use the z index css property to stack things up. There is a z index property used someplace in the superfish css already, it should be in the selector for some ul or li. That's why it's diving behind the title. Probably all you need to do is change a single number.

Here is a misc example:

<style type="text/css">
img
{
position:absolute;
left:0px;
top:0px;
z-index:-1;
}
</style>

An excellent tutorial on this property can be found here:

My link

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

George

Fixed it, in the end it was an typo error in the CSS in a section I had supposedly commented out, about two days ago!

Thanks for the help, I now understand z-index and its relationship within CSS!

Philip

Hi

Im trying to implement the horizontal menu in my web shop but trying to convert from 2.2 to 2.3 is causing me a headache at the moment.

I copied the below into template_top.php as it said in a previous post

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/superfish.css" />

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/superfish.js"></script>

I also copied this into template_top.php before </head>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function(){

$("ul.sf-menu").superfish();

});

</script>

I am now just a bit confused where to add the below or how to change it to go in header.php below <div id="header-breadcrumbs"> as it does not exist in version 2.3

<!--Superfish Horizontal Navigation bar-->

<div class="clear"></div>

<div class="cat_navbar">

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_MODULES.'cat_navbar.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_MODULES.'cat_navbar.php');

}

?>

</div>

<!--end Superfish-->

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martyn

Try putting it in with the bread crumbs in includes/header.php like so:

change:

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
 <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>
</div>

to:

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
<!--Superfish Horizontal Navigation bar-->
<div class="cat_navbar">
<?php 
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_MODULES.'cat_navbar.php') ) {
require(DIR_WS_MODULES.'cat_navbar.php');
}
?>
</div>
<!--end Superfish--> 
 <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>
</div>

In any case you are going to have to experiment with the CSS in template-top, header and the class cat_navbar.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

• 5 months later...

George

Fixed it, in the end it was an typo error in the CSS in a section I had supposedly commented out, about two days ago!

Thanks for the help, I now understand z-index and its relationship within CSS!

Philip

Hi David,

I'm facing the same problem with superfish in osc2.3.1

The menu is built up, but when hoovering over it, it disappears as the underlaying items get the focus.

Did you solve it with the z-index?

And where?

Willem-Jan

• 6 months later...

i am wanting to know if someone can help with this superfish contirb. i saw the rant and i am sorry to say, i am in the same place. i dont know anything about code. i can read and copy and paste but that is my limit. i do most of my formating through firefox with the inspect element tool.

i dont seem to be able to find that code. i dont really have a clue what osc to css is either.

hopefully someone will help me with installing it into osc v2.3.1.

can someone give me a leg up to get me started.

please

thanks

Archived