• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing gif images

sjhnjah

A newbie here! This is probably very simple, but can someone tell me how to remove the gif images that came with my site without leaving the red x ? One of them already has a red x in it and the others are too cartoonish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah :?

A newbie who has learned just enough to be dangerous!

There's a thread about this somewhere a couple pages away...

Basically you replace those images with either your own, or a transparent gif. Whichever you choose, you just give it the same name as the image you want to get rid of, and you're good to go.

-j

Is useful for troubleshooting to ssee if your images actually exist or are name right. If you wish to disable the red box and have no picture for the item you can turn off require images in admin > configuration.

I had already tried turning off and on the image in admin but that still doesn't work.  I was able to get rid of one of the images on the first page, but can't find where they are located in the default.php for the other pages.  Can you give me a hint where I should be for the check out pages, product list pages.  These gifs are at the top right corner of all pages and came loaded.  Can you help?

Sarah

Those images are located in the images directory. You can replace the image with your own by simply finding the picture you want to change and replace it with one you create using the same name.

I believe those images may be in the header.php if you are talking about the nav images at the top.

HTH, Tony

Whew! I finally figured it out. This is for those of you that are like me, just got your web page loaded with a bunch of cartoonish gif's you want to get rid of. You have to go into:

shop/default.php

shop/products_new.php

shop/contact_us.php

etc. etc.

Do an edit/find "gif" on each page you want the gif removed and you will most likely come to this line

td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_contact_us.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Remove this line and refresh and bingo, it's gone.

There may be an easier way for the more technically advanced, but this does work.

Hope this helps others in the same predicament

Thanks to those that tried to help me :?

Sarah

Archived