FedEx - Web Services v9

• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

#641   Irin

Irin
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:40

Is there a way to make Saturday Delivery as a separate option only for those who want to use it, instead of accounting for it whether needed or not? I don't usually do Saturday Delivery, but sometimes, people ask for that, so I need to charge them in addition to whatever they already paid.

#642   Dee Long

Dee Long
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 17:00

I am hoping someone has worked out how to get insurance added to the shipping qoute with this module. I'm not very clear on how to modify XML code.

FedEx responded to my request for help (below), but so far I have not been able to find out how to implement this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Response Via Email (Christian Moran) 12/04/2015 12:30 PM

You can add insurance to shipments by passing another portion in your transactions.

<InsuredValue>
<Currency>USD</Currency>
<Amount>100.00</Amount>
</InsuredValue>

for example. You can find more information in the developer guide at https://www.fedex.co...andingPage.html

#643   John W

John W
  • Community Sponsor
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 17:57

You don't modify the xml code directly.  Everything is generated through the fedexwebservices.php module.  I don't use insurance and I've modified the module i use but I think it's set to work.  Look around line 16 for MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_INSURE and adjust that setting.  If you have a test site to experiment with and you should, you can use var_dump to see the request or the reponse. Find the first line in the code and then put the var_dump after it.  Don't do this on a live site though.

$response = $client->getRates($request);
var_dump($response);

I'm not really a dog.