FedEx - Web Services v9

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

#261   commbits

commbits
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:31

Upgraded from the API to the new Fedex webservices V9.4.2, last updated: 5/20/2012 - by Roaddoctor. Checked and double-checked everything over and over again. SOAP and openSSL both running just fine on my Apache. All files in their proper locations with proper access rights. Ensured that old module was disabled and gone. Test Vs. Production credentials.

Always getting the same error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function MoveNext() on a non-object in {full path edited-out}/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 51, referer: /store/checkout_shipping_address.php
I was getting a blank screen on some browsers (i.e. Safari) and a server 500 on others (i.e. Chrome).

Clearly, script wasn't even going out to FedEx.

Then I compared the new /includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php with the previous version's /includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php and quickly realized that the offending line 51, namely $check->MoveNext(); was missing from the fedexwebservices.php.

I commented out that line and peace is back into the jungle /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Just curious at this point: Anyone knows what that line does and why it was added in this rendition? What possibly, do you think, force a crash on my server as a result of that line?

Thank you all for your contributions and great work!

#262 ONLINE   Roaddoctor

Roaddoctor
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 13:37

I have recoded fedex labels to work with the new system if anyone needs help you can PM me.

post to the contributions!, or if its simple mods, post it here. Thanks for the efforts!
-Dave

#263 ONLINE   Roaddoctor

Roaddoctor
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 16:52

Upgraded from the API to the new Fedex webservices V9.4.2, last updated: 5/20/2012 - by Roaddoctor. Checked and double-checked everything over and over again. SOAP and openSSL both running just fine on my Apache. All files in their proper locations with proper access rights. Ensured that old module was disabled and gone. Test Vs. Production credentials.

Always getting the same error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function MoveNext() on a non-object in {full path edited-out}/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 51, referer: /store/checkout_shipping_address.php
I was getting a blank screen on some browsers (i.e. Safari) and a server 500 on others (i.e. Chrome).

Clearly, script wasn't even going out to FedEx.

Then I compared the new /includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php with the previous version's /includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php and quickly realized that the offending line 51, namely $check->MoveNext(); was missing from the fedexwebservices.php.

I commented out that line and peace is back into the jungle /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Just curious at this point: Anyone knows what that line does and why it was added in this rendition? What possibly, do you think, force a crash on my server as a result of that line?

Thank you all for your contributions and great work!

It's a Zen Cart function. You can comment that line out. If it works without it, then you can leave as is.
In Zen, the $check->MoveNext(); function is something that will cause the while loop to move to the next iteration of the MYSQL object. I'm not sure how we do that with osCommerce, but I don't think that line is needed in oscommerce... someone smarter than me provided this answer. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> - Thanks jeff lew
-Dave

#264   squarede

squarede
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 18:25

Can someone here please point me in the right direction to get this contribution working?
We fould out through a customer that our site was no longer working, and discovered that FedEx had cut off api support -shame on me for not keeping up to date.
So here I am trying to get my site up and running using this WebServices add on.
I am running this on php 5.2.17, have run the soap test with a positive result. I have uploaded all of the files, set up a new production key with FedEx, read this tread about 6 times, and eight hours later i am still getting an "error in processing transaction" message when trying to check out.
Any advice as to where to head from here?

#265   rada

rada
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 19:26

Does anyone dealing with this problem using ColdFusion? I am using ColdFusion MX7 which using legacy code with CF tags. I am new to using webservices with ColFusion. Any hints greatly appreciated. I really need to understand how I start this rebuilding process. Thanks!

Edited by rada, 13 June 2012 - 19:26.

#266 ONLINE   Roaddoctor

Roaddoctor
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 19:56

Can someone here please point me in the right direction to get this contribution working?
We fould out through a customer that our site was no longer working, and discovered that FedEx had cut off api support -shame on me for not keeping up to date.
So here I am trying to get my site up and running using this WebServices add on.
I am running this on php 5.2.17, have run the soap test with a positive result. I have uploaded all of the files, set up a new production key with FedEx, read this tread about 6 times, and eight hours later i am still getting an "error in processing transaction" message when trying to check out.
Any advice as to where to head from here?

assuming your installing 9.4.2, then you would only need to review this forum thread for posts Posted 20 May 2012, 12:54 or later. It's working well for most. Is your account with fedex enabled for online quotes? There is debug code within fedexwebservices.php that may help.... any errors?
What version of osCommerce?
-Dave

#267   rada

rada
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 20:23

Does anyone dealing with this problem using ColdFusion? I am using ColdFusion MX7 which using legacy code with CF tags. I am new to using webservices with ColFusion. Any hints greatly appreciated. I really need to understand how I start this rebuilding process. Thanks!

- I think I am in the wrong forum...

#268   squarede

squarede
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 20:23

Thanks for replying, David.
I am running OsC 2.2 RC2 and trying to install ver. 9.4.2.
We have been working with FedEx for years and never had a problem with online quotes with FedEx1.
I have called fedEx and confirmed that everything is set up correctly on their end.

I do see that this is working well for many people, which if what is really frustrating. I just don't understand what I have done wrong. I have looked in the error log, but there do not seem to be any updated errors as I try to checkout.
Not sure about the debug code -can't seem to find that.
Thanks again for your help

#269   squarede

squarede
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 21:19

I did find the following errors listed in the error log. Am I missing something here? To me it seems that I am missing some files that were not included in the contribution download.

Thanks again. Ray

[Wed Jun 13 15:46:23 2012] [error] [client 71.181.127.154] FastCGI: server "/web/squaredealfarm.org/fcgi/php-fcgi" stderr: PHP Warning: include(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/squaredealfarm.org/www/osCommerce/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36, referer: https://squaredealfa...684tsnp1bqf3lb4
[Wed Jun 13 15:46:23 2012] [error] [client 71.181.127.154] FastCGI: server "/web/squaredealfarm.org/fcgi/php-fcgi" stderr: PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /web/squaredealfarm.org/www/osCommerce/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36, referer: https://squaredealfa...684tsnp1bqf3lb4
[Wed Jun 13 15:46:23 2012] [error] [client 71.181.127.154] FastCGI: server "/web/squaredealfarm.org/fcgi/php-fcgi" stderr: PHP Warning: include(includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/squaredealfarm.org/www/osCommerce/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37, referer: https://squaredealfa...684tsnp1bqf3lb4
[Wed Jun 13 15:46:23 2012] [error] [client 71.181.127.154] FastCGI: server "/web/squaredealfarm.org/fcgi/php-fcgi" stderr: PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /web/squaredealfarm.org/www/osCommerce/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37, referer: https://squaredealfa...684tsnp1bqf3lb4
[Wed Jun 13 15:46:23 2012] [error] [client 71.181.127.154] FastCGI: server "/web/squaredealfarm.org/fcgi/php-fcgi" stderr: PHP Fatal error: Class 'fedexwebservices' not found in /web/squaredealfarm.org/www/osCommerce/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 39, referer: https://squaredealfa...684tsnp1bqf3lb4

#270   imagixx

imagixx
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 23:01

post to the contributions!, or if its simple mods, post it here. Thanks for the efforts!

Yes, please post to the contribution: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,2244

You would be helping a lot of people. I'm surprised I haven;lt yet found a fix. It would save me some money, too, since I have it our for bid at: http://www.freelance...ce.1685280.html

I'd post it for free.

Thx.

Martin

#271   imagixx

imagixx
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 23:05

Please. please can we get a post of an updated Automated FedEx Labels?

#272   jasonabc

jasonabc
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:59

Hi - I installed the latest version of the FedEx Web Services module today on my OSC 2.2 store and am getting a WSOD at the checkout_shipping.php page with the module enabled. Here is what the logs say:

[Thu Jun 14 08:24:03 2012] [error] [client 168.215.110.202] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613/uploadprogress.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613/uploadprogress.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: https://mysite.com/c...ut_shipping.php

It seems that the page is attempting to call to a PHP module that is not installed on the server, but why on earth is the FedEx module calling the uploadprogress module? We have APC installed for upload progress status.

Any ideas?

#273   devoidofodors

devoidofodors
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:52

Please. please can we get a post of an updated Automated FedEx Labels?

If you reinstall the FedEx module that was working, the labels print out just fine. Just set the 1st option to false and you're set.

#274   imagixx

imagixx
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 22:48

If you reinstall the FedEx module that was working, the labels print out just fine. Just set the 1st option to false and you're set.

This in regard to the contribution: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,2244

What first option? Where ? Am I missing something here that everyone else sees as obvious?

#275 ONLINE   Roaddoctor

Roaddoctor
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 13:55

This in regard to the contribution: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,2244

What first option? Where ? Am I missing something here that everyone else sees as obvious?

He means re-install the old real time quotes API module that uses FEDEX1.... install it, but then set enable to false..
-Dave

#276   devoidofodors

devoidofodors
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 20:38

He means re-install the old real time quotes API module that uses FEDEX1.... install it, but then set enable to false..

yes, that's what I meant. The Real Time Quotes API module still works for most of the backend, just not the shipping rates.

I do think that there's a way to cannibalize the old module and use the parts that currently work. If anyone would like to point me in the right direction (files, snippets of code), I will take a crack at improving this module.

#277   imagixx

imagixx
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:14

yes, that's what I meant. The Real Time Quotes API module still works for most of the backend, just not the shipping rates.

I do think that there's a way to cannibalize the old module and use the parts that currently work. If anyone would like to point me in the right direction (files, snippets of code), I will take a crack at improving this module.

I think you'tre mistaken. I get only broken images for labels. Let me know if you have any luck. I am having to manually complete FedEx labels = a big PITA.

#278   htimmes

htimmes
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 22:37

I converted the FedEX labels piece a while back, I don't use the base OSC version so my conversion is not going to work for the mass. I really have no interest in setting up a test environment and re-coding it. I hard-coded most of the values I used and didn't drive it off a module.

Here are some pointers.

1) When you code against FedEX labels it needs to be done with a test account, Production accounts won't work until it's approved by FedEX.
2) You have to go through a Label Certification Program and send FedEX each type of label you use. When I did it I just did I just did these Labels.

$service_type = array();
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'GROUND_HOME_DELIVERY', 'text' => 'FedEx Home Delivery');
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'FEDEX_GROUND', 'text' => 'FedEx Ground Service');
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'PRIORITY_OVERNIGHT', 'text' => 'FedEx Priority Overnight');
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'FEDEX_2_DAY', 'text' => 'FedEx 2day');
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'STANDARD_OVERNIGHT', 'text' => 'FedEx Standard Overnight');
$service_type[] = array('id' => 'FEDEX_EXPRESS_SAVER', 'text' => 'FedEx Express Saver');

3) MPS (Multi-Piece Shipments) labels, is not intuitive, that's the tricky part to code. (It wouldn't be so bad, but FedEX documentation is lacking in some area's).

4) When you get certified, you have to do a MPS Label and a normal Label for each method you use. So when I got certified it was for 12 labels (6 normal labels and the 6 MPS Labels to go with it). But I also heard of FedEX just approving accounts for the advance services, I wasn't lucky.

5) You need to use the "Ship Service Web Service" and the "Track Service Web Service", I guess the track service isn't really needed, but I did that piece of it too.

If anyone attempts a module, I can help you get past the tricky parts, but I have no interest in doing it. Once was enough.

I'm attaching the tracking piece, it *might* plug in directly. But the other pieces wont.

Attached Files

Check out my Community Profile (Click Here)

#279   feralamour

feralamour
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 17:12

Hi all. I'm having a strange, albeit common, common issue.

We have two servers: one is a localhost testing server, the other is a hosted live server. Everything is virtually identical - same files, same keys, et al. The only real difference is that the dev server is a windows Apache handler server and the live is a Linux Apache CGI server.

I called FedEx support on this and that was a waste of time. I spent a majority of the call explaining that both servers were using the same credentials (e.g. production key) however the dev server successfully calls and receives rate quotes (works fine) while the live server never gets through (errors out). Firefox and IE both give blank pages while Chrome gave me a 500 error.

Other modules associated with the site include MVS Shipping Cost Estimator V2.0, USPS, Free Shipping Specials, and discount coupons.

Any clue why two servers (with the same information) would give different results? Thanks for any insight given.

Edit: Forgot to mention: soap_test shows PHP Soap is loaded, files have proper permissions, triple checked keys/acct & meter numbers, triple checked wsdl file to ensure same https URL (ws.fedex.com:443/web-services).

Edited by feralamour, 21 June 2012 - 17:24.

#280   behindtext

behindtext
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 23:18

Many thanks for this contribution! After installing Fedex Web Services 9 on our site (osc 2.2), it seemed to be working fine. But just to be sure I compared the rates which were being quoted on our store with the rates we get simply by logging into the FedEx website. The rates for "FedEx 2 Day" and "FedEx Express Saver" match to the penny. But the rates for "Standard Overnight" and "Priority Overnight" are way off. Just to experiment, I zero'd out all our handling fees, and tried it both with displaying "list" and "account" rates. The numbers do change, but they're still wrong.

Here's an example. We currently have the FedEx shipping module set to display ACCOUNT rates, and add a $5 handling charge. Let's use a hypothetical .8 pound package going from Dallas 75227 to Chicago 60601. Our OSC store quotes the following:
Priority Overnight - $46.90
Standard Overnight - $42.66

But logging into fedex.com and getting a rate quote for the same package with our same account number, we get:
Priority Overnight - $25.41
Standard Overnight - $23.66

Even adding the $5 handling fee to the FedEx quote, you can see that the rates shown on our store are > $15 higher. And yet the rates for FedEx 2 Day and FedEx Express Saver agree perfectly. (These are the 4 services we are offering, so I did not compare any of the other possible rates.)

How can this be happening? And, more importantly, can anyone suggest a fix? I would encourage everyone to try a similar test to make certain that the prices you are displaying have some basis in reality. Thanks.

i have seen the same issue myself with version 9.4.2: overnight rates that are $6-15 over the rate that the web interface shows. we ship 100s of packages and customers have been complaining about this for the past ~3 weeks.

it would be great if roaddoctor or another dev who is familiar with this contrib fixed this.

one thing that could be responsible for this rate problem is the .wsdl file used: it's v9 and v10 is current, at least for the label printing.

thx for reading /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />