• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1   rfwoolf

rfwoolf
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 15:21

Some advice:

I have an existing php website that also has a 'shop' page which lists all our products, and PayPal "Buy Now" buttons.
Is there a way I can "have" oscommerce, but only on 1 page?
How would you recommend I go about this?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 15:41

Richard,

osCommerce is a complete ecommerce solution. There would be no reason to use your existing site.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 15:44

Well, everything on one page is not possible, and would also look strange: There are some pages. like he checkout pages, that need to be separatelly. But probably you don't mean this.

If I understand correctly, you want a page that
- list all your 5 products on the front page with a buy now button under/beside them
- there are no detailed product info pages since there is not much to say about the products, also no additional images needed
- people buy directly from the frontpage and proceed to regular checkout, to select payment etc

Yes, that's possible

EDIT: all your other pages would be included into osCommerce as well, you don't need any other website (except you want a blog, forum etc)

Edited by multimixer, 07 May 2011 - 15:45.

#4   rfwoolf

rfwoolf
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 15:51

Chris,
I want to keep my website but implement oscommerce -- I do not want the "shopping cart" on every page, and I only have 5 products (each product is customisable by weight and flavour etc). How would I go about implementing osCommerce but keeping the exact structure of my website, except for the shop.php page?

Pics related:
Before:
[IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7853/beforel.jpg[/IMG]
After:
[IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1449/afterat.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by rfwoolf, 07 May 2011 - 16:04.

#5   rfwoolf

rfwoolf
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 16:10

Well, everything on one page is not possible, and would also look strange: There are some pages. like he checkout pages, that need to be separatelly. But probably you don't mean this.

Yes, I don't mean that. The checkout page can be 1 page or more, that doesn't matter.
I basically want to keep the structure of my site, except on the shop.php page I want a "shopping cart" and all my (five) products listed.
In the worst case, I don't really mind hacking the hell out of a oscommerce template that just has a header, body and footer and then somehow removing the shopping cart from all the pages except one.
/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#6   rfwoolf

rfwoolf
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 18:02

Here is the solution I found:
I put some of my php files into the catalog directory, for example
catalog/index.php <--- I over-write the default oscommerce index.php
catalog/faqs.php
catalog/etc...

Then I create a new page called shop.php, and register it in osCommerce in the filenames.php
catalog/shop.php
Then I use STS (Simple Template System) contribution to design the page exactly like the rest of my website, and simply put $shoppingcart$ where I want the shopping cart to appear, and $content$ where I want some of my products to appear.

Of course there was a lot of manipulation and experimentation that took me a week, but in short that is what I have done /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />