• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class & GV v4.2 (MS1) or something different?

guanche

Please tell me if the Gift Certificate section found on this OSC powered site is the same as Ian's Credit Class & GV v4.2 (MS1) or not?

http://aznfilms.com/gifts.php

I really like the way that works, if you try it out...the customer can enter their own amount (from $10-$100) instead of having to purchase set amounts of $10, $25, $50 ...is this already in Ian's contribution or has this site done their own? I'd like to allow my customers to enter their own Gift Certificate amounts.

AFAIK,

Ian's GV code does not allow the manually entering of the amount. His gv's use an actual catalog item which has to have the product_model start with GIFT. You could always e-mail the store owner and ask him to contribute his modifications back to the community. He is not required to however. I personally don't like the idea of someone being able to enter ANY amount they choose. I don't want to end up paying chargeback fees and transaction costs associated with a screw up of a decimal point! i.e. $100 to $1000 which imho could easily happen. Using a catalog item you set the increments and have full control which is much better again in imho!

I agree with zilla. Besides you could offer several diffrent amounts of gift vouchers, instead of having the customer enter their own amount. Also, with set amounts, if the customer wants a 12.50 voucher and you only have 15.00, they will have to but the 15.00.

Steve

-------------------------

Archived