• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.3.1 - How do I get the bottom footer?

nedragdnuos

Hi all,

Im just playing around with OSC 2.3.1 on my wamp setup in preparation for an upgrade from 2.2rc and I was wondering how do I go about getting the bottom footer to appear with the page counter and date and time as per the previous version. Some of the code appears to be in the 2.3.1 php pages Ive looked at but I have no idea why it isnt showing up.

The database in 2.3.1 shows the counter log as per 2.2rc and seems to be recording the page hits.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Regards!

• 1 year later...

There are 2 files you can look at: includes/footer.php and includes/template_bottom.php

• 2 months later...

Hi again everyone,

I havnt looked at this until now but this is my code for "TRYING" to add the footer date time and stats back to catalog\includes\footer.php for osc 2.3.1

It kinda works and the stats are there in plain boring text, but there is no style as per the header for some reason, it just seems to nest at the bottom of the left column for some reason. I have a strange feeling that I am missing some sort of link to the stylesheet.css and since I am not a coder and not too sure if I need to add left and right statements in some css comment in the stylesheet - although having said that the.footer remark does exist in the stylesheet as follows:

TR.footer {

background: #bbc3d3;

}

TD.footer {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

background: #bbc3d3;

color: #ffffff;

font-weight: bold;

}

So anyways here is the the old code I have been working on converting from table to <div>:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="footer">

<td height="25" class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>

<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

This is the new code that I converted to <div> but not sure if it may be 100%

<div id="footer">

<div class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </div>

<div class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </div>

And here is the code it nests between in the mentioned file catalog\includes\footer.php :

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<div class="grid_24 footer">

<div id="footer">

<div class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </div>

<div class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </div>

<p align="center"><?php echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY; ?></p>

<?php

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Archived