Individual box setting on every page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1   RusNN

RusNN
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 14:16

New box system in v2.3.1 is really good. But there is a one little thing, that I suggest.

We may now enable and disable boxes, move them from column to column and rearrange, but we can't enable a box on, say index.php and disable it on shopping_cart.php and checkout*.php. Of couse we may change code of the box itself, but we lost mobility. Every new contrib may need a code rewriting. Some folks has hardship with coding.

There will be a great if each box has a setting where we may setup number of pages on which a box must not be shown. On admin side it may be looks like a multiselected list with files from www\catalog\*.php in standart setting box (on the right). If we want disable a box n some pages, we simple select those pages in the list. Now on client side in create method of a box we check the setting and a current shop page. If a page will not be found, we process the line
$this->group = ((MODULE_BOXES_..._CONTENT_PLACEMENT == 'Left Column') ? 'boxes_column_left' : 'boxes_column_right');
Adding new contribution and styling the shop will be much more easy.

There is a contribution that allows multiselected list in admin settings. This functionalitiy may be included into core 2.3.1 and allows to realize above suggession.

Sorry my bad english.

#2   foxp2

foxp2

strong as a Twig

• Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 16:22

look at this
[img]http://forums.oscommerce.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
-------------------

#3   RusNN

RusNN
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 17:55

Thank you, Laurent! I miss the addon. May be because its first version is not english. Looks very well. But I think, such functionality should be present in core.