Photo
- - - - -

Featured Products Columns 2.3.1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1   james66

james66
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:19

I am currently setting up a store on 2.3.1 and want to change the number of featured product columns on my homepage from 3 to 4.
I have looked in the /includes/modules/new_products.php and thought I had found the correct piece of code on line 33:

$new_prods_content .= '<td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';

I tried changing the <td width=33% to 25% - nothing changed.

So, firstly, I guess I don't know code from string beans and secondly - can anyone please tell me if I am at least in the right file.

I would be most grateful if someone could take the time to put me out of my misery, failing that perhaps just tell me what code to change.

Many thanks to anyone who takes pity on me (yet again!).

James

#2   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:41

You want to change the featured or new products James?
They are two different things
Nic
Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

My Contributions

#3   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:46

if its new_products.php
then find this on line 37
if (($col > 2 ) || ($counter == $num_new_products)) {
change it to
if (($col > 3 ) || ($counter == $num_new_products)) {

Nic
Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

My Contributions

#4   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:58

Hi Nick,

Had search and couldn't find the answer. Till find here. Hopefully you can help me.

I have similar question about changing the product_info.php page.

I want to display the product two items each row (two columns) with extra large image and the new products five items each row with thumbnail images.

If I guess right, the new_products.php
I should put if (($col > 4 ) || ($counter == $num_new_products)) {
right?

Where parts of the code should I modify in product_info.php to make it appear two large image each row?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Lyn

PS. Thank you very much for your time for addons. I installed few of them and work great.

#5   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:30

@ce7

Are you sure you want to change the product_info.php? Is it maybe index.php, thae part that list the products? There are no "new products" on product info

#6   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:15

Hi George,

Thank you for reply PM and thread here, I am confused myself about the list as well. so I took the image and hopefully this is be better understood. [img]http://postimage.org/image/6s9kw5r6n/[/img]

I had tried configuration / images, kind of change the image size, but only works for new products.

Installed KissIT image Thumbnailer and Better Image Upload Features.
Had to uninstalled both as error occurs with new products pages.

Don't really know which files I should be modify, it will be very much appreciated if you could point me out what files I go to modify for two different list.

#7   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:36

reinstalled the two image addons. Error fixed.
Hopefully soon I can know how to change the column numbers to what my boss want.

thank you very much for you all there who help people, especial newbie like me.

Lyn

#8   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:43

Play around configuration / images again,

I think where I want the columns to become two instead of default three columns, is called subcatagories images. I can change the size of the image I want there, but still I like to change it from three columns to two columns.

#9   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:11

Hi,

I google, and found the answer I want.
For other people who has the same question I had, just go to

configuration / maximum values / category to list per row

there can change from default 3 columns to what you want!

Lyn