Photo
- - - - -

Skip Create Account or Sign In Step

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1   edkellett

edkellett
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 00:42

Hi,

Help on this pleeeeeeeeease...

My client does not need to collect any customer details apart from the shipping details and the bare minimum of personal info...

How do I:
A) Get rid of the Login stage (login.php)

/cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> Take out some of the information required in the next stage (for example gender, newsletters signup etc)

Most good e commerce sites do not require all of the steps that are built in to this....

Help please.

Thanks in advance...

Ed

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 00:52

Ed,

Use Purchase without Account -OR- Enable and Configure PayPal Express Checkout

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   edkellett

edkellett
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 00:56

I'm on v2.3.1.

I suppose I can start again with version 2.2. Are there major differences do you know? I have a really really simple site and don't need 90% of the bells and whistles in here anyway...

Thanks for your reply

Ed

#4   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:46

Ed,

The coding in v2.3.1 is stronger, more secure and PHP 5.3 compatible. V2.2 RC2a, CAN also be those things when you update the security and make it PHP 5.3 compatible.

You can download RC2a, update it and add the contributions you need. As long has updated security, it will do everything you need it to do.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)