• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error after installation getting to administration page

sdyerco

I just installed oscommerce-2.3.1, i was able to access the catalog directory a minute ago but could not get to the administration pages. i now cannot access either and am getting the following:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 279

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 279

the file is there and am not sure what to do next

I just installed oscommerce-2.3.1, i was able to access the catalog directory a minute ago but could not get to the administration pages. i now cannot access either and am getting the following:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 279

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 279

the file is there and am not sure what to do next

Ok I have totally uninstalled and started again from scratch going through the Documentation pdf supplied in the oscommerce-2.3.1 download.

I cannot access the store by going to http://www.domain.com/catalog. I get the below error:

I cannot access the admin pages either, i get the below error:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin1/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /catalog/admin1/includes/application_top.php on line 167

with the similarity in the error messages their is something wrong with the 'lanquages' setup and i cannot figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

After a long and arduous battle against PHP and the like for the initial modifications of my set up, everything worked fine, and we called a truce being happy with how everything turned out. I've been spending my days peacefully using Easy Populate until a few minutes ago when something about the languages went up in arms again. I was just about to upload another CSV file for EP, and I was hit with the call to arms exactly as the OP described it.

Please help me as I am a pacifist and have no idea how to deal with the race known as PHP.

There can be a number of causes for this,

what is happening is the language is not being set, so where the code is trying to access the language folder it refers to languages/.php instead of say languages/english.php (for many)

one cause is a server upgrade and the use of depreciated php keywords in your source code, ask your host if your version of php has changed.

The php keywords you must change are :

$HTTP_GET_VARS becomes $_GET

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS becomes $_SERVER

also

$HTTP_POST_VARS should be $_POST

Another solution & possibly the easiest for now,

in admin/includes/application_top.php and in includes/application_top.php

immediately after (on the next line):

// set the language

add:

$language='english';

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I think it is because of server issues as my test site based on the same server also went down the same way.

About the solutions, do I most of the PHP files have that _VARS line? I think I need this solution since new rebels joined the ranks:

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mos85/public_html/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/mos85/public_html/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 86

Warning: include(includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mos85/public_html/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 87

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/mos85/public_html/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 87

Fatal error: Class 'bm_categories' not found in /home/mos85/public_html/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 90

What files do I need to change?

Thats saying you have a folder permissions issue, but it looks like your using a local PC copy of the site but are still trying to access server files from that. If so check you have modified your configure files for your local copy.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I have nothing like a local copy. The test site resides on a free server with cPanel so does the live one. Everything starting to unzipping the osC to modifying files were done with cPanel's editor (and the copy for the live site was done from scratch instead of adapting from test site). That said, how do I reset the files that says where the files are saved?

And again, does all the PHP files _VARS line?

osC 2 has $HTTP_GET_VARS and $HTTP_SERVER_VARS throughout, simply use a standard editor to do a search/replace

did you try the application_top.php change?

You edit the includes/configure.php & admin/includes/configure.php files whenever you move a site

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 months later...

There can be a number of causes for this,

what is happening is the language is not being set, so where the code is trying to access the language folder it refers to languages/.php instead of say languages/english.php (for many)

one cause is a server upgrade and the use of depreciated php keywords in your source code, ask your host if your version of php has changed.

The php keywords you must change are :

$HTTP_GET_VARS becomes $_GET

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS becomes $_SERVER

also

$HTTP_POST_VARS should be $_POST

Another solution & possibly the easiest for now,

in admin/includes/application_top.php and in includes/application_top.php

immediately after (on the next line):

// set the language

add:

$language='english';

Thank you, you save me!!

The second solution worked for me, instead of "english" naturally I changed It for my default languages, which was "espanol"

:D!!! thnks

• 11 months later...

i am currently setting up a copy of the site to 2.3.1 (and upgrading the copy to 2.3.2. and then 2.3.3 on the copy before upgrading the real site)

i am getting that issue moving the site on another host

i have perhaps to add variables for latvian and russian?

Archived