• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Intermitant Parse Error .... got me stumped HELP please

orionsweb

Hello,

The site: http://www.computersetc.ca

Getting this error:

Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts/computersetc.ca/httpdocs/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 113

This site has bee up and running and fully functional for over 10months now, no one has touched any code or any settings in the admin in months not even a product upload.

Error happens when you go through the catagories and products on the left sometimes they show sometimes we get that error. You can click a link and see the page then click the link again and get the error.

If anyone has any ideas please HELP !

Oh, also just more info, we have a second site build with the same version of oscommerce same set up etc. on the same server and no errors.

Thanks for any help at all!

Orion

Did someone just turn on Search Engine Friendly URLs?

If so, turn them off.

If not, turn them off anyway ... see if this suddenly fixes it.

I was on an error page and changed the / to an = and the error disappeared ... might be my imagination here ... but could be related.

Thanks for the response!

Changed to false 'Search engine friendly URLs' didn't do anything.

Checked php is v 4.1.2

Other site is working fine. I do see what you mean the pages sometimes work with the = instead of the / but on the ones that the error comes up if you change it it works... too messed up!

Any other ideas?

If we'd done any changes to anything I'd have a place to start but nothings' been changed and this just started like 5-6 days ago. And of course I'd be expecting the other site to be messed up aswell, but it's not.

Just for giggles, did you check the date of the code on the site just to see if there is something wrong?

Also, did you peek at your databases to make sure nothing looks moofy in them either?

Well ... if I go into my site, I can see the date on all my code as to when I last uploaded something.

I would peek in the main catalog directory, the modules and the functions directories for any date changes. They should match the dates of when you uploaded them many months ago.

If nothing has changed ... rename the /includes/modules/product_listing.php to product_listing.php.OLD and upload a good copy from your computer and see if that fixes anything.

I had an idea that's what you were telling me, I'd already checked that and the dates on both matched.

get this though, just went and renamed, grabed the default one from my original download which by all outward appearances 'looks' identical to the one that's there. Anyway, just overwrote the file on the site and it seems to be working now!

Go figure... anyway, no clue what the error was or what caused it however the site is working and isn't that just the main thing?

Thanks so much! Have a great day!

Ever need a hand with some HTML stuff let me know. LOL...

Ron

Not sure the cause of that ... but I have seen files get trashed before when not touched in forever.

Maybe someone can come up with a better answer than ... it just happens ...

If it was just a day or two old, I'd ask your hosting server if they had to restore from backup ... though that would not be a bad idea.

Perhaps if there was a restore, a file got smooshed ... :shock:

Might also, for fun ... look at some of the add-ons for multiple images.

Many of your images are pretty huge in size on the thumbnails ... and you could have tiny ones for that and the regular ones for the clicks to enlarge.

It would really speed up your site.

that page comes up fine for me here on this end.

It is missing an image but that's not my problem lol...

We didn't do any restores, we own our own servers, havent' done any back ups.

Love the file got smooshed button :shock: lol

that page comes up fine for me here on this end.

It is missing an image but that's not my problem lol...

We didn't do any restores, we own our own servers, havent' done any back ups.

Love the file got smooshed button :shock: lol

Picture all those poor, poor folks still stuck in the hills and the wrong side of the mountains that don't have Cabel, DSL, etc. trying to see all those great big s ... l ... o ... w ... ... l ... o ... a ... d ... i ... n ... g images. :wink:

Just tell the owner ...

Customers? What customers? They got so bored waiting for the site to load that they packed up their toys and went home ... and took their checkbooks with them :shock:

your absolutely right Linda.

The loading speed for each page is the most important thing there is...

Second is still NO POP-UPS !!!

My Client is one of those on a 56K dial up connection,

and also his customers in the mountains like Linda said still have no cable or DSL... and believe there are a lot customers searching the internet in the mountains !!!

What else can you do there far away from everything....lol

that will still take many years till they ALL will have it

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Archived