• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

The banner rotator has been thoroughly tested with local images, but not with remote images or scripts. HTML should work, but you may have to try a few different tricks, such as wrapping it with a div.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That was just a suggestion; some other HTML may be required. unfortunately I don't have time to play with this right now. You'll have to debug it or hire somebody to do it for you.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

What version of osCommerce are you using? What version of the Featured Products Carousel Content Module? What are your settings in the Module Admin? What mobile device are you testing this with?

Regards

Jim

I don't see anything unreasonable in those settings. I don't know why it's not working. I'll try to take a look at this later, but for right now I just don't know what's wrong.

Regards

Jim

@@Lioelx

Lionel, you are showing an admin screen shot of my "Front Page New Products Carousel" not Jim's "Front Page Featured Products Carousel".

Which one are you having the problem with?

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@Lioelx

Thanks for confirming. Then it is Jim's "Front Page Featured Products Carousel".

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

I don't see anything unreasonable in those settings. I don't know why it's not working. I'll try to take a look at this later, but for right now I just don't know what's wrong.

This may be a red herring but I had something similar with pi picture gallery on some devices - it turned out that the div was not at the front and needed styling with a z-index to make sure you could access the inks

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 2 weeks later...

About the Categories Images Content Module.

I had the OSC Edge before October with the Filenames. I have now upgrade it to the Latest with Depricated Filnames/Paths and have this Gap. I had the same Isue before and have fix that adding the folowing string in CATALOG/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_categories_images.php

-----

<div class="thumbnail equal-height-categories-images">

-----

and adding the folowing class in user.css 

.thumbnail .categories-images {
height: 30px;
padding: 1px;
}
----
With the Latest Edge with Depricated Filnames/Paths i can't fix that.
See atachment Photo
Edited by Pelvis

Solved!

Instruction for Others with the same Issue:

In Catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_new_products.php
Find This:
<div class="row">
And Replace with this:
<div class="row" style="display:-webkit-box; display:-webkit-flex; display:-ms-flexbox; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap;">
--
In Catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_categories_images.php
Find This:
<div class="row">
And Replace with this:
<div class="row" style="display:-webkit-box; display:-webkit-flex; display:-ms-flexbox; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap;">
Edited by Pelvis

Thanks for sharing the code.

Edge has always been a moving target, so any Addons designed for it will soon fall behind. The final osCommerce release will solve this problem. I just have to redesign all of the Responsive Addons to the new standard.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have one fail on text_main, only show on mobile device but no on pc screen. When the order number into configuration is 0 work but when is othe number dont work.

Orders on modular front page:

Nivo slider 5

Front Page Featured Products Carousel 35

Front Page Main Text 40

Front Page New Products Carousel 50

I have this on my includes/languages/spanol/index.php

define('TEXT_MAIN', '<div class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-16by9"><iframe class="embed-responsive-item" width="580" height="326" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hx0nfpf3c9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>');

Regards

No external links here, thank you

It sounds like one of the other modules is interfering. Try adding this code before the first div in /includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_text_main.php:

<div class="clearfix"></div>

From the module list you posted above, everything on your front page is going to be moving. This is a common beginner's mistake. You will drive away many of your customers, and make the front page essentially unusable. I suggest you remove all but one of those, and make the rest of the modules static.

Regards

Jim

There is a static version of the New Products module included in the Modular Front Page download. There is a static Featured Products Addon available. I don't know what you're using the Nivo Slider for, but it probably duplicates one of the above.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
I'm running into an issue with the banner rotator for modular front page v1.0.1 from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9436 (tho once installed it's reporting itself as v2.0.1)

Basically it's loading all of the banners on the page, pushing all the content down as it loads one banner after another after another. Once all the banners finish loading it redraws and shows only one and rotates through as expected.

also, when I edit the "Easing" setting from the 30+ odd available methods available, it never takes, and always reverts back to Swing.

I'm running an OSC 2.3.4-GOLD Responsive install.

It's doing this in both Chrome and IE, so I don't think it's a browser specific bug. Not sure why it's doing this or how to resolve it.