• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header error message

When I run the shop I am building i get this erroressage that stays on the screen for about 1 second.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/configure.php:32) in /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 12

It is followed by these three messages and I can't find what I have done wrong

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/configure.php:32) in /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1223

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/configure.php:32) in /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/configure.php:32) in /home/bdisauiz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Has anyone got any idea what is going wrong and how I fix it please?

Neither of the "configure.php" files should be sending any text or tags to the browser. Look carefully (try View > Page source) to see if you're getting a PHP error message due to an editing error in the configure.php file (probably in the neighborhood of line 32). Make sure a hacker hasn't inserted any code there. Once you fix whatever is sending something to the browser, all your listed errors will go away. If you can't figure it out, post your includes/configure.php file here after removing database details. Put the code between [ code ] and [ /code ] tags. Also see my sig > FAQs > "Cannot modify headers".

Neither of the "configure.php" files should be sending any text or tags to the browser. Look carefully (try View > Page source) to see if you're getting a PHP error message due to an editing error in the configure.php file (probably in the neighborhood of line 32). Make sure a hacker hasn't inserted any code there. Once you fix whatever is sending something to the browser, all your listed errors will go away. If you can't figure it out, post your includes/configure.php file here after removing database details. Put the code between [ code ] and [ /code ] tags. Also see my sig > FAQs > "Cannot modify headers".

Thanks for this. We have a robust backup sytem so I wiped the site and reinstalled the whole thing - it only took about half an hour. Now no error showing. Lesson is - not all Contributions work seamlessly and you have to be VERY careful how you apply them.

Archived