• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is it legal

pac-it-out

You would need to check with local state/federal laws to make sure, but I believe you can because of the added value service (embroidery) you are providing to the consumer.

Chris

The only thing that might be difficult is that the original seller (manufacturer) may consider you to be an unauthorized retailer of their product (whether you bought it wholesale or retail). They would consider you to be operating on the "gray market", even if you have substantially modified the goods. Some consumer goods brand names can be very protective of their trademarks and consumer image, and may not like you modifying their goods. They might require you to remove their labels and trademarks from their goods, and not advertise who made the original goods. As to whether it's legal to do what you want to do, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. As mentioned above, it depends on where you are (as well as how corrupt your government is -- i.e., is it under corporate control). You just might have trouble obtaining goods at wholesale if the manufacturer doesn't like what you're doing.

Have you received legal notice from someone that you can't do that? I've heard of people legally reselling goods (gray market) that have been accused of counterfeiting. You'll have to give more information, or better yet, consult with an attorney.

• 1 year later...

It's something I'm looking into before committing myself..it sounds like I need to keep reseaching...the opinions given thus far make sence..thanku

There are any number of companies that sell "blank" Tee shirts that you can modify to your heart's content. Here's a selection:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blank+tee+shirt+suppliers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't matter if you "agree" that it's legal. What counts is whether or not the original manufacturer of the goods being modified and resold likes what you're doing. If they don't, they probably have a larger legal staff than you do, and can tie you up in knots for years. Such is life. Now get back to sitting on that cuckoo's egg... smile.png

• 8 months later...

Archived