Photo
- - - - -

Google Analytics, where do i paste the code? How do i get it to work for my OSCommerce site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1   cyrusfazeli

cyrusfazeli
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:41

Hello,
I am an OSCommerce rookie, working on a site for an ECommerce class for my graduate program. I opened up a Google analytics account and did two things that still have not allowed Google Analytics to work:
Created a .php file with the code and FTP'd to my server under Index - didnt work
added the Google Analytics code to a few of the .php files as directed by Google- did not work

Thank you,
Cyrus

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:47

Cyrus,

Try this:

Google Analytics Contribution

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   cyrusfazeli

cyrusfazeli
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:10

Cyrus,

Try this:

Google Analytics Contribution

Chris

Chris,
Thank you!
Do you know how I run this sql script? And what does this mean: " change the configuration_group_id number to the next available" what do I have to do here?
Thanks again,
Cyrus

#4   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:44

Cyrus,

Use phpmyadmin in your hosting account cpanel to run the SQL.

ONLY CHANGE the group id if you already have a table with the default ID in use. In most cases, this won't be necessary.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#5   bowen

bowen
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 18:34

i have added my analytics script to the footer.php at the bottom and have never had a problem with it and no need to install a contrib. it will take google a day to pick it up and gather visitor information.

#6   Timer

Timer
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:37

Hi,

I'm a newbie to OSCOMMERCE and read a couple of threads on how to add the Google Analytics snippet to OSCOMMERCE in order to get the Analytics. I run OSC V2.2 RC2 and I followed BOWEN's way by adding to Google Analytics snippet of code <script>....</script> to the footer.php file in the includes file (/includes/footer.php) but I also had to change the file permissions to 777 from 555 in order for the footer.php file to be edited. See below the where I entered my snippet of Google code into my footer.php file. Please note after adding the code I set the file permission back to 555. To my delight the Google Analytics is working. To be honest I have to keep and eye on it because I only entered the code in last night but so far so good. I would like to Thank Bowen for his information and if any experts feel that I have done this incorrectly then let me know, as I said I'm a Newbie and just getting my head around this great piece of software /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

<?php
/*
$Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');
?>

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-18468034-4']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
})();

</script>

</td>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '5', '1'); ?></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="footer">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td style="padding:10px 20px 0 0;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'p1.gif')?></td>
<td class="ft_line_y"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '38', '1'); ?></td>
<td style="width:100%;"><span><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS?></a> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('advanced_search.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH?></a> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('reviews.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS?></a>
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('account.php')?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT?></a>
<?php } else { ?>
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('create_account.php')?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT?></a>
<?php } ?>