Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#61   Dan Cole

Dan Cole
  • Community Sponsor
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

This is an awesome contribution.   I have it installed and am currently testing the nopurchase module.  

Looking forward I would love to be able to send emails to customers who have purchased a certain product...to suggest a companion product and perhaps also to customers who have purchased a certain product x days ago but haven't purchased it since...ie a reminder type service.  Does anyone know if there are plans for this type of email module or if not, could some one give me an idea as to how to go about this?   I know there was mention of simply changing the SQL query but I didn't see any detail on how/where to do that.

BTW, Nice job Cord!!!!

Dan

PS:  I'm off to make a donation to support this fine contribution.

#62   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

View PostDan Cole, on 21 July 2010 - 05:28 PM, said:

This is an awesome contribution.   I have it installed and am currently testing the nopurchase module.  

Looking forward I would love to be able to send emails to customers who have purchased a certain product...to suggest a companion product and perhaps also to customers who have purchased a certain product x days ago but haven't purchased it since...ie a reminder type service.  Does anyone know if there are plans for this type of email module or if not, could some one give me an idea as to how to go about this?   I know there was mention of simply changing the SQL query but I didn't see any detail on how/where to do that.

BTW, Nice job Cord!!!!

Dan

PS:  I'm off to make a donation to support this fine contribution.
Hi dan,

Thanks for the nice feedback and your donation! Very motivating!

Currently I focus on making the framework complete and versatile.

Both usecases are definetly on the roadmap for future modules. But unfortunately they are not done by just changing a sql query.

Cross-selling (companion product):
Oscommerce does not support this by default, but there is e.g. the mod xsell2 which could be the way  wto map products together - this could then be used by mailbeez.
Do you have xsell in place?

Periodic reminder: what would you expect in detail?

Cord

#63   Dan Cole

Dan Cole
  • Community Sponsor
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

View PostMailBeez, on 21 July 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

Hi dan,

Thanks for the nice feedback and your donation! Very motivating!

Currently I focus on making the framework complete and versatile.

Both usecases are definetly on the roadmap for future modules. But unfortunately they are not done by just changing a sql query.

Cross-selling (companion product):
Oscommerce does not support this by default, but there is e.g. the mod xsell2 which could be the way  wto map products together - this could then be used by mailbeez.
Do you have xsell in place?

Periodic reminder: what would you expect in detail?

Cord
Hi Cord...that's too bad I was hoping it might be a simple matter of taking one of the existing routines and modifying the query.  Arrgghhhh....it's never simple is it?

Regarding the detail, I probably didn't explain myself very well.  With respect to the companion product...I was just thinking that it would be useful to be able to send a promotional email to those who purchased a particular product within a certain period of time.  Very similar to what I was thinking about with the periodic reminder..ie if a customer purchased a particular product, say between two dates and hasn't repurchased it then send them a reminder email.  In fact depending on how flexible the routine might be, these may indeed be the same thing....perhaps different skus, different periods of time and different emails being generated.

If this is possible I'd be very interested in it.

Dan

#64   AWOP

AWOP
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

With regards to the blank box it is a problem with the SEO URI mapping plugin. If this is switched off the boxes work.

#65   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

View PostAWOP, on 22 July 2010 - 07:27 AM, said:

With regards to the blank box it is a problem with the SEO URI mapping plugin. If this is switched off the boxes work.

Thanks a lot for this finding!

I wonder if this might be a different reason why the ceebox popups are blank - did the pages work when opened in a new window?

Do you have more information about the SEO URI mapping plugin? How does it change the urls? Can it be deactivated on a page level?

#66   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

View PostDan Cole, on 22 July 2010 - 02:44 AM, said:

Hi Cord...that's too bad I was hoping it might be a simple matter of taking one of the existing routines and modifying the query.  Arrgghhhh....it's never simple is it?

Regarding the detail, I probably didn't explain myself very well.  With respect to the companion product...I was just thinking that it would be useful to be able to send a promotional email to those who purchased a particular product within a certain period of time.  Very similar to what I was thinking about with the periodic reminder..ie if a customer purchased a particular product, say between two dates and hasn't repurchased it then send them a reminder email.  In fact depending on how flexible the routine might be, these may indeed be the same thing....perhaps different skus, different periods of time and different emails being generated.

If this is possible I'd be very interested in it.

Dan

Hi dan,

It would be possible to use e.g. the category, products attributes or also purchased information to group products into classes and define different emails and reminder schedules for each class.

I have sent you an email to your donation contact to discuss details offline.

Cord

#67   AWOP

AWOP
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi mailbeez.
I found this because I tried your plugin on a local copy of my site which doesn't have the URI mapping installed.
I am using Ceon URI mapping (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=1269)
You can edit the .htaccess file to ignore URI mapping certain parts of the site - I have tried to add the mailbeez folder but it still doesn't work. I think I need to make it ignore the mailbeez.php? It would be easier if this could be placed into the mailbeez folder.

Unfortunately I am no good with PHP etc so cannot really work out how to recify the problem.

Regards,
Tim.

#68   Nimitz_1061

Nimitz_1061
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostAWOP, on 22 July 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hi mailbeez.
I found this because I tried your plugin on a local copy of my site which doesn't have the URI mapping installed.
I am using Ceon URI mapping (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=1269)
You can edit the .htaccess file to ignore URI mapping certain parts of the site - I have tried to add the mailbeez folder but it still doesn't work. I think I need to make it ignore the mailbeez.php? It would be easier if this could be placed into the mailbeez folder.

Unfortunately I am no good with PHP etc so cannot really work out how to recify the problem.

Regards,
Tim.

This is really not a PHP problem.  Its a web server problem.  Your host might be able to help, though likely for some additional fee - its not generally a covered service...

David

#69   AWOP

AWOP
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

Could you be slightly more specific as to why its a web host problem? - considering every thing else works fine.
I would say its a URI and mailbeez compatibility issue. Something is being mapped and going missing - therefore its not loading the iframe?

View PostNimitz_1061, on 22 July 2010 - 02:54 PM, said:

This is really not a PHP problem.  Its a web server problem.  Your host might be able to help, though likely for some additional fee - its not generally a covered service...

David

#70   Nimitz_1061

Nimitz_1061
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

View PostAWOP, on 22 July 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

Could you be slightly more specific as to why its a web host problem? - considering every thing else works fine.
I would say its a URI and mailbeez compatibility issue. Something is being mapped and going missing - therefore its not loading the iframe?

I did not say it was a web host problem.  Presuming your configuration file is correct and stable, and Mailbeez using it appropriately (assumptions  I took as given above as your post gave the impression the site had been up awhile and I don't see a slew of ZC specific blank page complaints), this would be a web server problem primarily, because .htaccess is not part of PHP - but a web server component.  In this case, mod_rewrite is probably being used.  

The module should be using a correct URL, though it may be rendered incorrect by processing in the web server.

May also be an application problem - which could be confirmed by temporarily disabling the rewrite system.  If it works using standard URLs, the rewrite is the most likely culprit.  This could go wrong in at least 2 ways.  First, creation of bad path, 2nd stripping any GET variables.  I would expect your web host to be able to be a helpful resource in quickly resolving that issue.

David

#71   Nimitz_1061

Nimitz_1061
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

BTW - wanted to say I'm pretty impressed with this contribution so far.  I've installed this on 3 stores.  2 of them are already receiving reviews as a result (one of them 59 in 3 days) and the other is too new to have a sufficient order base to drive results.

Well done :)

David

#72   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

View PostNimitz_1061, on 22 July 2010 - 06:22 PM, said:

BTW - wanted to say I'm pretty impressed with this contribution so far.  I've installed this on 3 stores.  2 of them are already receiving reviews as a result (one of them 59 in 3 days) and the other is too new to have a sufficient order base to drive results.

Well done :)

David

Hi david,

Thanks a lot!

Your experience (I hate to say it - but I told you so on mailbeez.com ;) ) is the same I made with the prototype of mailbeez - and the motivation for me to put several weeks of full time work in MailBeez so far.

Follow-up emails just work and many customers appreciate e.g. to be ask for their opinion.

The shop I do some work for almost doubled (+ 100%) the order value (compared to any year since 2003) after I introduced the MailBeez prototype in january to ask for product reviews and customer opinion on the independent portal Trustpilot.

Trustbuilding is probably the most important factor to increase conversionrate (turn visitors into customers) and grow your business.
With product reviews visitors gain confidence in your products and with customer reviews (assuming you do your business right and they are positive) visitors get a good feeling to order and turn into customers.
I believe that customer reviews need to be hosted on an external service to be credible and effective - see e.g. the reviews on mailbeez.com - otherwise they look easily faked.
On e.g. Trustpilot you are able to respond to eventually negative ratings and turn them to your advantage - you can demonstrate that you care about your customers.

Btw. have you seen the up to 50% discount + trial period you can get on partner fees through MailBeez? By signing up a partnership you support me and you will grow your business. (ok - enough of this for today ;) )

Enjoy mailbeez and keep me up-to-date what is happening. I am looking for show cases so please let me know if you want to be part of it.

Cord

#73   Dan Cole

Dan Cole
  • Community Sponsor
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

View PostMailBeez, on 22 July 2010 - 10:13 AM, said:

I have sent you an email to your donation contact to discuss details offline.

Hi Cord...I didn't see your email so I sent you a PM with my direct email address...I look forward to having a dialogue with you on this...dan

#74   AWOP

AWOP
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Blank Page in Mailbeez with Ceon URI Mapping
Go to Admin / modules / Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config

Add /shop/mailhive.php to the bottom box (Excluded Files) - Click save.  (you may have to edit the path!)

Mailbeez popups should now work.

Great plugin by the way... Just having a play now :]

#75   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

View PostAWOP, on 25 July 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

Blank Page in Mailbeez with Ceon URI Mapping
Go to Admin / modules / Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config

Add /shop/mailhive.php to the bottom box (Excluded Files) - Click save.  (you may have to edit the path!)

Mailbeez popups should now work.

Great plugin by the way... Just having a play now :]
Great! Will put it into the troubleshooting guide asap!

Have fun with mailbeez and share your experience.

Cord

#76   audubonstrings

audubonstrings
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

've installed the base installation and also installed Winback Customer Reactivation. I've enabled "production" mode.

I've tried using the cron job url and the Winback Customer Reactivation "Run MailBee" button. In each case, I am redirected to a page on my website that says "MailBeez - Mode: production" but no email is sent to my customers.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

#77   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

View Postaudubonstrings, on 26 July 2010 - 12:06 PM, said:

've installed the base installation and also installed Winback Customer Reactivation. I've enabled "production" mode.

I've tried using the cron job url and the Winback Customer Reactivation "Run MailBee" button. In each case, I am redirected to a page on my website that says "MailBeez - Mode: production" but no email is sent to my customers.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?
try this:

did you activate the Winback-module ("green light")?

what happens if you click on "list audience"?

what happens if you sent a test-email to yourself?

Are you sure you have a customer who did not buy something in the configured period of time?

What can you find in the mysql table "mailbeez_tracking"?

cord

#78   altenter

altenter
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hi, and thanks for this great contribution.

My shop is not in English, and when sending emails the encoding is wrong and the email appears with strange characters.
Where can I set the encoding for sending emails?

Thanks!

#79   naturesorganicmarket

naturesorganicmarket
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

I have installed your module into Zen Cart and I getting the following error when I run cron job url

Processing....
code: review module: review
1146 - Table 'xxxxxxxxxxx.zen_mailbeez_tracking' doesn't exist

I put x's through my actual database

I have verified that the line of code on the includes/database_tables.php is there

I would appreciate your help

#80   MailBeez

MailBeez
  • Partner
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

View Postnaturesorganicmarket, on 30 July 2010 - 05:44 AM, said:

I have installed your module into Zen Cart and I getting the following error when I run cron job url

Processing....
code: review module: review
1146 - Table 'xxxxxxxxxxx.zen_mailbeez_tracking' doesn't exist

I put x's through my actual database

I have verified that the line of code on the includes/database_tables.php is there

I would appreciate your help

Please try v1.3 - use the upgrade tool to download