• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hi

This is the support thread for the OSC3 prettyPhoto v1.

Hope you enjoy the power of this contribution that is bound to change the way OSC3 image display looks :rolleyes:

Enjoy...

Fabian

#2   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Contibution can be found here

#3   computethisnow

computethisnow
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Can this work with os 2.2 rc2a

#4   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

View Postcomputethisnow, on 19 May 2010 - 12:04 PM, said:

Can this work with os 2.2 rc2a

I have a V2 2.2.rc2a contrib that works just like it http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7195

Its slightly different though.... as it runs off additional images module.

No need for that in OSC3

Cheers Fab

#5   fabbricasiti

fabbricasiti
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

View Postproimage, on 11 May 2010 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hi

This is the support thread for the OSC3 prettyPhoto v1.

Hope you enjoy the power of this contribution that is bound to change the way OSC3 image display looks :rolleyes:

Enjoy...

Fabian

Dear Fabian,

I beg Your pardon; where should be uploaded the content of mediaplayer root?

Thanks in advance!  :thumbsup:

#6   twilliam74

twilliam74
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

View Postfabbricasiti, on 03 July 2010 - 10:52 AM, said:

Dear Fabian,

I beg Your pardon; where should be uploaded the content of mediaplayer root?

Thanks in advance!  :thumbsup:

templates/default/images/prettyPhoto

The instructions say to drop the folder itself into that directory.

#7   brokert

brokert
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

I am having trouble.  I installed the contrib and went into Admin and set it up as I thought it should be, but I get the following error after clicking on a picture and the screen goes semi dark: Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.

What could I have done wrong?

#8   blackwater

blackwater
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

View Postbrokert, on 22 July 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

I am having trouble.  I installed the contrib and went into Admin and set it up as I thought it should be, but I get the following error after clicking on a picture and the screen goes semi dark: Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.

What could I have done wrong?

Code that was replaced in /catalog/templates/default/content/products/info.php based on the install package is incomplete.

here is a modification to the code:

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; padding: 0 10px 10px 0; width: <?php echo $osC_Image->getWidth('product_info'); ?>px;">

<?php 

$group_id = $osC_Image->getID('originals');

echo osc_link_object(osc_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'products/'.$osC_Image->getCode($group_id).'/'.$osC_Product->getImage(),null,'AUTO',false), $osC_Image->show($osC_Product->getImage(), $osC_Product->getTitle(), null, 'product_info'), 'target="_blank" rel="prettyPhoto[gallery1]"');

if ($osC_Product->numberOfImages() > 1) {

echo '<div class="gallery" style="display:none">';

foreach ($osC_Product->getImages() as $images) {

if ($osC_Product->getImage() != $images['image']) echo osc_link_object(osc_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES. 'products/' . $osC_Image->getCode($group_id) . '/' . $images['image'],null,'AUTO',false),  $osC_Image->show($images['image'], $osC_Product->getTitle(), null, 'product_info'), 'target="_blank" rel="prettyPhoto[gallery1]"'); 

}

echo '</div>';

}

?>

</div>

#9   jasm

jasm
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

Fabian,

Thanks for such a wonderful contribution. It's fully functional!

Note: If you're getting two notices on the product info page, then you might want to use the modification to the code that "blackwater" posted.

I've attached a pic and the notices below for reference:

Notice: Undefined variable: group_id in /root/templates/default/content/products/info.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined index: in /root/includes/classes/image.php on line 47

[img]http://s1.postimage.org/GVoJA-847969008b2dd64eae4301a74ce1fa24.jpg[/img]

Thanks to all for your help. Cheers!

Tony

Edited by jasm, 22 July 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#10   brokert

brokert
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

I am still getting the same error after correcting the code as suggested. Maybe I am doing this wrong.  I installed the changes into my template that I am using, do I need to install it in default also?  Or should it only be in default?  It seems to work right up to the time it should present the image.  The screen goes dark and all, but no image.  Should I be doing something to get the image in the right place?

#11   blackwater

blackwater
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

View Postbrokert, on 23 July 2010 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am still getting the same error after correcting the code as suggested. Maybe I am doing this wrong.  I installed the changes into my template that I am using, do I need to install it in default also?  Or should it only be in default?  It seems to work right up to the time it should present the image.  The screen goes dark and all, but no image.  Should I be doing something to get the image in the right place?

You have done modifications to your store and your new template might be incompatible. If you added a new template correctly, then the default template should still work when you switch back to it.

Switch to the oscommerce default template and perform the installation in it and see if it works (probably you might want to try a fresh install first).

#12   deyangg

deyangg
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

View Postblackwater, on 23 July 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

You have done modifications to your store and your new template might be incompatible. If you added a new template correctly, then the default template should still work when you switch back to it.

Switch to the oscommerce default template and perform the installation in it and see if it works (probably you might want to try a fresh install first).

Hi,

I am getting the same error "Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exists."
Also I found another bug after installation of pretty photo - when adding a new product the "Variants" tab do not work normal any more. I cannot select a variant, the input fields/buttons for weight and quantity are not there any more.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot,
Deyan

#13   blackwater

blackwater
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

If you changed code as mentioned above, then make sure your image is readable by others (-rw-r--r--).

Admin code is not touched by the install, so your variants issue is not caused from a correct installation. Start over and post the results.

#14   dlpuma

dlpuma
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Thank you for such a great contrib! I even modified it slightly to display the mini images under the product_info image to show that there are additional images available for that product. Here's a screenshot: [img]http://www.pumaweb.com/images/additional_images.jpg[/img]

#15   blackwater

blackwater
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

dlPuma, It already shows the thumbnails of other images when you move the mouse over the large image. Why not publish your changes for others to see.

#16   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi All,

I welcome back myself after a longish break from this forum as I was very busy with a lot of study. [Crazy me I did two ICT degrees at the same go ;) ] but now I back on OSC3 track.

Special thanks goes to Blackwater whom gave support to those that needed it, whilst I was busy racking my brains…

The contribution is supposed to work out of the box, but will look into blackwater’s code… as I haven’t had the chance to do so… To many things to catch up with.

For those interested in seeing a working live store of such contribution in effect, please go to my own website http://www.guns.com.mt

Click on the product images, and there you will be presented with images that are over 2000 pixels wide.

Whilst on the site, take note of the page loading speed.

Cheers Fab  

#17   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

Blackwater,

I have an idea to improve the contrib for better page loading speed, in that I am trying to mangle the code not to preload the additional images on the product_info page at all [since they are hidden anyway] but let prettyphoto do the call. Also it would be nice to add a clickable [click on product image to enlarge], underneath the product_info page main image.

Any ideas, as I am overwhelmed with work to catch up [three months of such, heh]. You'll be credited in the upgrade ;

Cheers Fab

#18   proimage

proimage
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

OSC3 prettyPhoto v1.1 [Full Package]

Hi there,

Just a small update on the v1.0.

This version has a bug fix as to the image group id [Thanks to Blackwater] as well as the ability to load the original images from an different URL such a sub-domain, etc. [This comes in very useful fro those like me that are all out for site optimization and fast page download speeds]

Enjoy

#19   Dmitry2011

Dmitry2011
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Set everything as in the statement. Image is formed and displayed, but in the administration panel is not displayed string settings for this plugin. Who realties can help me? Using oscommerce-3.0a5 (http://oscommerce.ru/downloads/) with Service Pack 1.6 (osCommerce 3.0 Alpha 5) - http://oscommerce-3.spb.ru/service-pack-oscommerce-3-0/
OSC3 prettyPhoto v1.1 [Full Package]

Edited by Dmitry2011, 31 January 2011 - 11:22 AM.