• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissER Error Handling & Debugging [contribution]

FWR Media

I seem to be having some difficulty with Query Debugging mode.

Here's my setup;

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_OUTPUT', 'screen' );          
 define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_SWITCH', 'on' );              
 define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'false' );   
 define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_SUPPRESS_DUPLICATES', 'on' ); 
 define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_QUERIES', 'on' );            
 define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_BREAKPOINTS', 'off' ); 

All I get for output is;

Total Queries:
Slowest Query Number
Time: Seconds.
Total query Time Seconds.

I also find this group in the error handling box;

Error: Undefined index: count
File: includes/kiss_error_handler.php
Line: 295
Error: Undefined index: slowest
Line: 296
Error: Undefined index: total_time
Line: 297
Error: Undefined index: queries
Line: 299

On edit, Stealth1 mentioned Chemo's query mod in post #9. FWR says it would conflict. Can anyone help me find out if I've got it? Where do I look? What's the actual name of the contrib?

Edited by motorcity

• 2 weeks later...

Great Contribution, Works straight out of the box with no problems.

It tells me that my queries are thus :

Total Queries: 28

Slowest Query Number 26

Time: 0.0017 Seconds.

Total query Time 0.01 Seconds.

Which to me looks OK ??

However, when I look at my errors - there are quite a few ! How should I go about understanding what it is telling me, and how to go about correcting them - Im no programmer !

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi,

Thank you for this and all your other excellent contributions. I realise this thread is meant to support installation of the contribution and not for answers to individual errors reported but I'd very much appreciate a quick yes/no (maybe even a why) to a question I have relating to errors found. I posed the question in the General Support section, maybe it's badly worded or too boring/trivial/obvious but there were no takers.

The question in a nutshell - Is there any reason to not replace the tep_session_unregister statements (and the subsequent errors they sometimes cause) in logoff.php with a single tep_session_destroy? To my untrained mind session_destroy belongs in a logoff script.

Thanks

ORIGINAL QUESTION

In logoff.php, I have a number of "tep_session_unregister()" statements. Quite often the statements are trying to unregister variables that are not registered which causes 'Undefined index' errors (the variables may be registered so they can't be just removed).

Rather than precede each call with "if (tep_session_is_registered())", is it possible to replace all of them with a "tep_session_destroy();"?

Sorry if this question is a bit simple or naive but "logoff" and "session_destroy" seems to be an obvious partnership and I don't know it there is a good reason for it not being so. I'd very much appreciate comment/opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies to everyone here, I had forgot to press "watch the topic" so I had no idea anyone had posted.

Great Contribution, Works straight out of the box with no problems.

It tells me that my queries are thus :

Which to me looks OK ??

However, when I look at my errors - there are quite a few ! How should I go about understanding what it is telling me, and how to go about correcting them - Im no programmer !

Thanks

Yes, 28 queries are unlikely to cause a problem in any event but with your slowest query being 0.0017 seconds there is nothing that needs doing to the queries ( on this page at least ).

Hi,

Thank you for this and all your other excellent contributions. I realise this thread is meant to support installation of the contribution and not for answers to individual errors reported but I'd very much appreciate a quick yes/no (maybe even a why) to a question I have relating to errors found. I posed the question in the General Support section, maybe it's badly worded or too boring/trivial/obvious but there were no takers.

The question in a nutshell - Is there any reason to not replace the tep_session_unregister statements (and the subsequent errors they sometimes cause) in logoff.php with a single tep_session_destroy? To my untrained mind session_destroy belongs in a logoff script.

Thanks

ORIGINAL QUESTION

In logoff.php, I have a number of "tep_session_unregister()" statements. Quite often the statements are trying to unregister variables that are not registered which causes 'Undefined index' errors (the variables may be registered so they can't be just removed).

Rather than precede each call with "if (tep_session_is_registered())", is it possible to replace all of them with a "tep_session_destroy();"?

Sorry if this question is a bit simple or naive but "logoff" and "session_destroy" seems to be an obvious partnership and I don't know it there is a good reason for it not being so. I'd very much appreciate comment/opinion.

Well, as you say it really is nothing to do with this contribution, but i'll answer it.

Yes there is a lot of difference between destroying the session arbitrarily and selectively unsetting keys in the _SESSION superglobal.

When you "logoff" certain _SESSION keys are left intact, namely: -

cart ( emptied )

language ( populated )

languages_id ( populated )

currency ( populated )

navigation ( populated ).

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my 'off thread' question - I'd given up on it.

I assumed the _SESSION keys you listed would just get re-registered/populated with the next page load.

I'll stick to the conventional method.

Thanks again, appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Great contribution. After installing, I changed suppresses to screen - line 21 - and did a test run and there are some errors which is visible on screen below the footer. Then went into kiss_error_handler.php and edit line 30 to the following:

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput' );   // string - false - user setting - see above comments

The errors isn't visible, not even to me. Even tried changing to screen back to suppresses, making no difference. So setting is at screen plus KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH is set as above.

So am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bennett

Great contribution. After installing, I changed suppresses to screen - line 21 - and did a test run and there are some errors which is visible on screen below the footer. Then went into kiss_error_handler.php and edit line 30 to the following:

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput' );   // string - false - user setting - see above comments

The errors isn't visible, not even to me. Even tried changing to screen back to suppresses, making no difference. So setting is at screen plus KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH is set as above.

So am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bennett

the _GET switch requires just the _GET key .. like ..

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'fwroutput' );

You then access your site as ..

www.mysite.com/whatever.php?fwroutput

Thanks for your reply. It's fine.

My question now is - where does find out what these errors mean and the fixes for them? Doing a google search, but so far, coming up against a wall.

Bennett

Thanks for your reply. It's fine.

My question now is - where does find out what these errors mean and the fixes for them? Doing a google search, but so far, coming up against a wall.

Bennett

this contribution highlights the errors but it is beyond the scope of support for this this contribution to handle them. I suggest posting them in the general forum .. oh and if anyone says notices are irrelevant they are WRONG .. they are errors.

• 2 weeks later...

hi FWR Media,

i have installed this contribution and work perfect on xampp (windows)

but after i moved the shop on server (linux) the site don't work and i can't find the bug

Link of the shop.

Can you help me?

Thank you

This site is using header tags not KissMT.

This site is using header tags not KissMT.

now i'm using all your suite

but i don't thing that there is the problem

i don't understand where are the diferences between unix server and windows server

any ideea?

Thank you

Edited by danut82

Because of some conflicts between three of my contributions I've installed, so for now I put store back to where it was before I installed them.

But the the report still is visible at bottom of my site. All files is removed. Even looked in DB to check if something was left behind. So I need to know where I need to look as to correct this. I did double check, the files for this mod are gone and ant the changes in the few files is not there.

Thanks.

Because of some conflicts between three of my contributions I've installed, so for now I put store back to where it was before I installed them.

But the the report still is visible at bottom of my site. All files is removed. Even looked in DB to check if something was left behind. So I need to know where I need to look as to correct this. I did double check, the files for this mod are gone and ant the changes in the few files is not there.

Thanks.

Impossible .. if the files aren't there the report isn't there.

Impossible .. if the files aren't there the report isn't there.

Sorry, I found the reason. The issue had to do with KISS Meta Tags, so after looking through the files, and once I changed @define( 'KISSMT_PERFORMANCE_OUTPUT', 'true' ); to false, it was solved.

Hi :)

i keep installing your faboulus contribs to my new shop, i must say that i just "love" :wub: your way of adding code instead of letting us place code above och below and so on..

Thank you for that.

My questions this time are, if i dont do any changes in the kiss_error_handler.php the errors should go into a textfile? Where or how does that work?

Will i have to look in the error mapp? Will the textfile bring it self up or should i make one? (Right now there is only a .htaccess file in there)

I dont think my shop have many errors right now since i havent installed much else.

But when i set all to on except KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH

i indeed se the contrib working at the screen :)

Its totaly blank below Break points

but below KissER Query Output it says:

Total Queries: 107

Slowest Query Number 97

Time: 0.0081 Seconds.

Total query Time 0.0244 Seconds.

And lots of different querys

The fist says:

Number: 1

Time: 0.0002 Seconds.

Query: select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

Now i just have to find out a way to understand all of theese, to know what to do with them.. :(

I would like an example.... pleeeease o:)

Sorry for asking but i dont speak english so therefor it takes longer time for me to understand new contribs :D

Edited by Solan

Hi :)

i keep installing your faboulus contribs to my new shop, i must say that i just "love" :wub: your way of adding code instead of letting us place code above och below and so on..

Thank you for that.

My questions this time are, if i dont do any changes in the kiss_error_handler.php the errors should go into a textfile? Where or how does that work?

Will i have to look in the error mapp? Will the textfile bring it self up or should i make one? (Right now there is only a .htaccess file in there)

I dont think my shop have many errors right now since i havent installed much else.

But when i set all to on except KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH

i indeed se the contrib working at the screen :)

Its totaly blank below Break points

but below KissER Query Output it says:

Total Queries: 107

Slowest Query Number 97

Time: 0.0081 Seconds.

Total query Time 0.0244 Seconds.

And lots of different querys

The fist says:

Number: 1

Time: 0.0002 Seconds.

Query: select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

Now i just have to find out a way to understand all of theese, to know what to do with them.. :(

I would like an example.... pleeeease o:)

Sorry for asking but i dont speak english so therefor it takes longer time for me to understand new contribs :D

Hi again Solan :D

You speak English well enough to communicate with me on this forum ;)

Please try reading .. documentation > using_kiss_error_handling_debugging.html

Hi again Solan :D

You speak English well enough to communicate with me on this forum ;)

Please try reading .. documentation > using_kiss_error_handling_debugging.html

:lol: Thank you but it takes very long time and help from my new best friend mr Google (language tool) :lol:

Anyway, further down i saw the real errors and that whas what i needed. ;) I can understand from there..

I think i have more problem with the querys, i really dont know how to read and understand them.. (maybe i dont understand what they are either *lol* :P

Thanks for your time and your hard work letting us newbies manage putting up some good contribs.. :)

P.S Will this contrib work with multiple languages? Will it "find" the errors in added languagefiles?..

Edited by Solan

I'll do the best I can to help, but I need information to be able to figure out the problem. I understand there is a language barrier and will work with you.

This Addon does work with multiple languages. You can select which banners you want to show with a given language. It does not deal with the language files, only banner images and the text you enter in the Banner Manager.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I'll do the best I can to help, but I need information to be able to figure out the problem. I understand there is a language barrier and will work with you.

This Addon does work with multiple languages. You can select which banners you want to show with a given language. It does not deal with the language files, only banner images and the text you enter in the Banner Manager.

Regards

Jim

Banners? banner manager? .. errrm Jim .. are you tired or something mate? :D