KissER Error Handling & Debugging [contribution]

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#21   kanata_82

kanata_82
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 22:51

Does my SEO improve from this addon? What things are getting better to?

#22   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:59

I hope that this is not a dumb request.... but, what the heck - I have to admit to not being very bright when it comes to this...

I have installed this contribution and it has already helped me quite a bit. However, right now I am trying to determine logical errors. For example, I am tring to install paypal IPN and the orders are double posting on my orders table. With this, I am trying to see exactly which module is processing a given query (i.e. is it happening in checkout_confirmation.php, orders.php, general.php, etc.). I can see that all of these queries are occuring, but I'm having difficulty zeroing in on my culprit modules.

Is it possible to add a line that would show the calling module (and ideally the line) where things are happening? If so, can you give me some idea of how to do it?

Thanks!

This is where you can use the "break points" add breakpoints to the files in question and see at which points these queries occur.

#23   deaconest

deaconest
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:38

Hello, Quick question, When I installed this contribution, I get only blank pages. Doesnt seem to matter what I set the handler thing to.

EDIT: Ok just tell me this if my host is still using php 4.4.9 will this program work?

Edited by deaconest, 19 March 2010 - 06:46.

#24   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:02

Hello, Quick question, When I installed this contribution, I get only blank pages. Doesnt seem to matter what I set the handler thing to.

EDIT: Ok just tell me this if my host is still using php 4.4.9 will this program work?

Not a hope.

#25   deaconest

deaconest
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:07

Thats what I thought Thanks

#26   smurfi_wsz

smurfi_wsz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:22

nice contrib and very helpfull

nEXT /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

#27   motorcity

motorcity
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 00:04

I seem to be having some difficulty with Query Debugging mode.
Here's my setup;
define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_OUTPUT', 'screen' );          
  define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_SWITCH', 'on' );              
  define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'false' );   
  define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_SUPPRESS_DUPLICATES', 'on' ); 
  define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_QUERIES', 'on' );            
  define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_BREAKPOINTS', 'off' );
All I get for output is;
Total Queries:
Slowest Query Number
Time: Seconds.
Total query Time Seconds.
I also find this group in the error handling box;
Error: Undefined index: count
File: includes/kiss_error_handler.php
Line: 295
Error: Undefined index: slowest
Line: 296
Error: Undefined index: total_time
Line: 297
Error: Undefined index: queries
Line: 299

On edit, Stealth1 mentioned Chemo's query mod in post #9. FWR says it would conflict. Can anyone help me find out if I've got it? Where do I look? What's the actual name of the contrib?

Edited by motorcity, 27 April 2010 - 00:17.

#28   motorcity

motorcity
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 13:50

Whoops! Silly me, I left out the code in database.php.

#29   Mort-lemur

Mort-lemur
  • Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:31

Great Contribution, Works straight out of the box with no problems.

It tells me that my queries are thus :

Total Queries: 28
Slowest Query Number 26
Time: 0.0017 Seconds.
Total query Time 0.01 Seconds.

Which to me looks OK ??

However, when I look at my errors - there are quite a few ! How should I go about understanding what it is telling me, and how to go about correcting them - Im no programmer !

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

#30   trier

trier
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 13:00

Hi,

Thank you for this and all your other excellent contributions. I realise this thread is meant to support installation of the contribution and not for answers to individual errors reported but I'd very much appreciate a quick yes/no (maybe even a why) to a question I have relating to errors found. I posed the question in the General Support section, maybe it's badly worded or too boring/trivial/obvious but there were no takers.

The question in a nutshell - Is there any reason to not replace the tep_session_unregister statements (and the subsequent errors they sometimes cause) in logoff.php with a single tep_session_destroy? To my untrained mind session_destroy belongs in a logoff script.

Thanks

ORIGINAL QUESTION
In logoff.php, I have a number of "tep_session_unregister()" statements. Quite often the statements are trying to unregister variables that are not registered which causes 'Undefined index' errors (the variables may be registered so they can't be just removed).

Rather than precede each call with "if (tep_session_is_registered())", is it possible to replace all of them with a "tep_session_destroy();"?

Sorry if this question is a bit simple or naive but "logoff" and "session_destroy" seems to be an obvious partnership and I don't know it there is a good reason for it not being so. I'd very much appreciate comment/opinion.

#31   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:39

My apologies to everyone here, I had forgot to press "watch the topic" so I had no idea anyone had posted.

#32   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:46

Great Contribution, Works straight out of the box with no problems.

It tells me that my queries are thus :

Which to me looks OK ??

However, when I look at my errors - there are quite a few ! How should I go about understanding what it is telling me, and how to go about correcting them - Im no programmer !

Thanks

Yes, 28 queries are unlikely to cause a problem in any event but with your slowest query being 0.0017 seconds there is nothing that needs doing to the queries ( on this page at least ).

#33   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:51

Hi,

Thank you for this and all your other excellent contributions. I realise this thread is meant to support installation of the contribution and not for answers to individual errors reported but I'd very much appreciate a quick yes/no (maybe even a why) to a question I have relating to errors found. I posed the question in the General Support section, maybe it's badly worded or too boring/trivial/obvious but there were no takers.

The question in a nutshell - Is there any reason to not replace the tep_session_unregister statements (and the subsequent errors they sometimes cause) in logoff.php with a single tep_session_destroy? To my untrained mind session_destroy belongs in a logoff script.

Thanks

ORIGINAL QUESTION
In logoff.php, I have a number of "tep_session_unregister()" statements. Quite often the statements are trying to unregister variables that are not registered which causes 'Undefined index' errors (the variables may be registered so they can't be just removed).

Rather than precede each call with "if (tep_session_is_registered())", is it possible to replace all of them with a "tep_session_destroy();"?

Sorry if this question is a bit simple or naive but "logoff" and "session_destroy" seems to be an obvious partnership and I don't know it there is a good reason for it not being so. I'd very much appreciate comment/opinion.

Well, as you say it really is nothing to do with this contribution, but i'll answer it.

Yes there is a lot of difference between destroying the session arbitrarily and selectively unsetting keys in the _SESSION superglobal.

When you "logoff" certain _SESSION keys are left intact, namely: -

cart ( emptied )
language ( populated )
languages_id ( populated )
currency ( populated )
navigation ( populated ).

#34   trier

trier
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 16:42

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my 'off thread' question - I'd given up on it.

I assumed the _SESSION keys you listed would just get re-registered/populated with the next page load.

I'll stick to the conventional method.

Thanks again, appreciate it.

#35   blr044

blr044
  • Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 17:00

Great contribution. After installing, I changed suppresses to screen - line 21 - and did a test run and there are some errors which is visible on screen below the footer. Then went into kiss_error_handler.php and edit line 30 to the following:

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput' );   // string - false - user setting - see above comments

The errors isn't visible, not even to me. Even tried changing to screen back to suppresses, making no difference. So setting is at screen plus KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH is set as above.

So am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bennett

#36   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 17:17

Great contribution. After installing, I changed suppresses to screen - line 21 - and did a test run and there are some errors which is visible on screen below the footer. Then went into kiss_error_handler.php and edit line 30 to the following:

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput' );   // string - false - user setting - see above comments

The errors isn't visible, not even to me. Even tried changing to screen back to suppresses, making no difference. So setting is at screen plus KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH is set as above.

So am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bennett

the _GET switch requires just the _GET key .. like ..

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'fwroutput' );

You then access your site as ..

www.mysite.com/whatever.php?fwroutput

#37   blr044

blr044
  • Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 17:44

Thanks for your reply. It's fine.

My question now is - where does find out what these errors mean and the fixes for them? Doing a google search, but so far, coming up against a wall.

Bennett

#38   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 18:03

Thanks for your reply. It's fine.

My question now is - where does find out what these errors mean and the fixes for them? Doing a google search, but so far, coming up against a wall.

Bennett

this contribution highlights the errors but it is beyond the scope of support for this this contribution to handle them. I suggest posting them in the general forum .. oh and if anyone says notices are irrelevant they are WRONG .. they are errors.

#39   danut82

danut82
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 19:57

hi FWR Media,

i have installed this contribution and work perfect on xampp (windows)
but after i moved the shop on server (linux) the site don't work and i can't find the bug
Link of the shop.
Can you help me?

Thank you

#40   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:34

hi FWR Media,

i have installed this contribution and work perfect on xampp (windows)
but after i moved the shop on server (linux) the site don't work and i can't find the bug
Link of the shop.
Can you help me?

Thank you

This site is using header tags not KissMT.