• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

Hi Erik

Glad the upgrade was easy for you .. KISS by name KISS by nature :)

Not sure what was going on in my mind with the name change and I understand it would have created confusion.

Still not sure what to do about #2^, but I'm going to turn off the stock module and just use r72.

Well it's great that the stock system offers meta tags and canonical elements now but it doesn't .. yet .. match the functionality of KissMT.

Once 2.4 is more "obvious in its nature" I will probably modify KissMT to add to the osCommerce module system as opposed to replace it. Or I may even push a mod through GIT to see if it can become a part of the core system .. god forbid :)

Edited by FWR Media

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robert.

Please can you take another look at the module - product_reviews_info.php

Lines 61 and 62 are doing nothing

if ( tep_not_null( $product_results['reviews_text'] ) ) {
  }

Also, I cannot get the customers name to be added to the review meta tags.

I seem to recall that I initially removed the customers name deliberately however this causes duplicates when a product gets more than one review. I wanted to put the customers name back into the meta tags to avoid this.

Regards

Ken

@@Ken44

Hi Ken44 great to see you again, been a long time!!!

I'll have to coherse you and a few known others to log into my site :)

Onto the point:

Reviews text was put there "in case" but was designed as a void function. What have you changed exactly?

Hi Rob

Yeah, been a while. I hope everything is OK with you.

I'll have to coherse you and a few known others to log into my site

Dev site or Forum?

Re KissMT

I started to get duplicates on product reviews that had more than one review. I recall that the customers name was added to avoid this so I downloaded the latest version KissMT_1.0_r72_RC and installed it; however I still cannot get the customers name in the meta tags.

Lines 61 and 62 are doing nothing. I have not altered anything. It is how I downloaded it.

Regards

Ken

Well the latest version in the repository is 78 so perhaps it has the changes you mention.

Dev site or Forum?

Same thing I think, logging into the site is logging into the forum .. it's new so may not work very well :)

Hi Rob

The latest version for osc2.3 is KissMT_1.0_r76.

The latest version for osc2.2 is KissMT_1.0_r72_RC (which I am using)

I found the problem – I had changed

// product_reviews_info.php

define( 'KISSMT_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_TEXT', 'Product review by %s' );

in \includes\languages\english\kissmt.php

Because the customers name was not included in the meta tags I was getting duplicates when a product gets more that one review.

All sorted now. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Ken

@@Ken44

Glad you got it sorted m8 :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi Rob,

I would like to extend the functionality of your fantastic contribution so that it will produce meta tags and a canonical URL for a custom blog area of my oscommerce installation, and I wondered if you could provide some guidance please? I don't need specific instructions on what I should write in terms of code, I only need a gentle nudge in the right direction towards the files I need to edit.

There is one file serving my blog content, which is rather imaginatively called blog.php. A "c" querystring appended to the URL denotes that a blog category should be displayed, "c" and "a" querystrings are displayed when an article is displayed.

Having seen the files located in "/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules", I am thinking that maybe I need to clone one of those files (maybe the one for product_info.php), rename it "blog.php", and edit the contents so that it pulls values from the blog table in my database prior to calling the KissMT class?

If I am on the right track, is there anything else that I need to do, or will your code automatically use the module when a visitor hits the "blog.php" page?

Many thanks for any help you are able to provide,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

I noticed something strange. I have 2 categories with HTML tags in their name, to put some emphasis on the categories list, but when I go the the category page, I see the tags written there as text. I give you a concrete example, one of them is <b>Christmas Specials</b>, and it works ok in the categories list as the name in Bold, but when I load the category page I see <b>Christmas Specials</b> as the title. The title meta tag is ok.

I see the same behavior in the breadcrumb, but maybe here is not due to your contribution.

I tried to change in index.php from

echo KissMT::init()->page_title . PHP_EOL;

to

echo strip_tags(KissMT::init()->page_title) . PHP_EOL;

but the tags are still there. I tried also to change the strip_tags to htmlspecialchars and it works as expected so I'm on the right place...

You can have a look at the page here:

http://www.atelierdascores.com/bespecial-natalb-c-78.html

Hi Robert,

I noticed something strange. I have 2 categories with HTML tags in their name, to put some emphasis on the categories list, but when I go the the category page, I see the tags written there as text.

Yes it is correct behaviour .. product names should not have html elements/tags and if they do they should be protected with htmlspecialchars() which removes the html meaning of the characters.

Yes it is correct behaviour .. product names should not have html elements/tags and if they do they should be protected with htmlspecialchars() which removes the html meaning of the characters.

In my case the html tag is to highlight the category, but I need to remove it from the page, but using htmlspecialchars() does not do that as it transforms the < and > into &lt and &gt.

How can I fix this? You are already fixing this when writing the category name in the head section...

Edited by modem2.0

Use strip_tags().

Regards

Jim

I know, but it doesn't work. On current online version has the following code:

<?php
			  // KissMT start
			  echo strip_tags(KissMT::init()->page_title) . PHP_EOL;
			  // KissMT end
		    ?>

in 3 places but the tags are still there.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am getting the errors when i click admin / categories and admin/manufactures, can someone please help?

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php' in admin/manufactureres.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php' in admin/categories.php on line 15

thanks in advance

Lyn

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

Firstly, many thanks for your excellent contributions.

I am having a bit of trouble with the KissMT cache and hope you can point me in the right direction.

I have the contrib installed and it works - generating meta tags. However when I switch on the cache I get no meta tags on the page. The cache files are created but all have a size of 0 and are empty.

I have switched the whole thing on and off, reset the cache, checked the file permissions - all to no avail.

The site is www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk

Currently KissMT is on with the cache off - as this was the only way I could get it to work.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dom

• 1 month later...

helo there..

I realy interesting to use this add on my website sepatu futsal & bola prodirectsoccerindonesia.com

I am using oscommerce ver 2.3.3.

in installation number 2 you said to modify : catalog/index.php and catalog/produk_info.php

Find ..

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Replace with ...

<?php include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php'; ?>

but in osc v 2.3.3 I can find the code in the file you sugest, so what I have to do to install in in my online store sepatu futsal & bola prodirectsoccerindonesia.com ?

Edited by burt
Removed spam links

Hi all

Is this working fine on oscommerce v2.3.3 ? I also want to try this but not sure if it works fine on my version. Prompt reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

helo there..

I realy interesting to use this add on my website sepatu futsal & bola prodirectsoccerindonesia.com

I am using oscommerce ver 2.3.3.

in installation number 2 you said to modify : catalog/index.php and catalog/produk_info.php

Find ..

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Replace with ...

<?php include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php'; ?>

but in osc v 2.3.3 I can find the code in the file you sugest, so what I have to do to install in in my online store sepatu futsal & bola prodirectsoccerindonesia.com ?

Edited by burt
removed quoted links

Hi all

Is this working fine on oscommerce v2.3.3 ? I also want to try this but not sure if it works fine on my version. Prompt reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I want to try, because in this web >> http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk/content/kissmt-dynamic-seo-meta-canonical-header-tags

FWR media said the comptability is 2.3.3,..

hmmm confusing

hi

i´m very frustrated - i installed an clean version of 2.3.1

- it works

than i installed the seo contr

now i get this message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/.../htdocs/hh_2014/includes/application_top.php on line 308

this ist line 308

Usu_Main::i()->setVar( 'languages_id', $languages_id )
		   ->setVar( 'request_type', $request_type )
		   ->setVar( 'session_started', $session_started )
		   ->setVar( 'sid', $SID )
		   ->setVar( 'language', $language )
		   ->setVar( 'filename', $PHP_SELF )
		   ->initiate( ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : array(), $languages_id, $language );[/b]
[b]

also in the admin aera

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/10/.../htdocs/hh_2014/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1504

Memcache_Cache_Module::iAdmin()->initiate()
									   ->flushOut();

please help

• 1 month later...

Hi, can any body tell me what this means:- Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Admin' not found in /home/s21glsu/public_html/shop/admin/categories.php on line 964

My site is working, but when I added a new catergory I got this message, but the site seems to be working OK. I have just updated the site using Gary's book ' Designing 2.3.3 osCommerce' , but didn't think it would impact on already working add-ons. Can anybody help. My site is not live yet.

Regards, Graham

• 2 months later...

The latest release has an issue with the categories editing tool, it does not save the Category name or the description.

No error is generated, as well the category id is not set on the redirect after the edit...

cheers

Peter

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

• 2 months later...

would suggest you take a look at header tags reloaded as there is a bit of discussion going on about Opengraph etc

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8864

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/394978-seo-header-tags-reloaded-support/

***********************************************************************************************************

Or possibly

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

Depends what you want both well supported and work fine

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.