Payable files (source codes, documentations etc)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1   Elvikom

Elvikom
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hello, my Friends!

I need to enter the payable files in my osCommerce shop.

I have many documentations in PDF format and source codes of my authorship programs.
I would like to sale it, but in the standard osCommerce i can't find that functionality.

It must be payable and - after payment - my Consumer should can download this file only 2 times.
After 7 days, the consumer's link should go off (must unactivate itself).
The download link shuold be sending on consumer's e-mail (i can send it manually after receiving payment), but in encrypted format - no direct link to catalog/file.

For now it is my question:
Is the standard osCommerce shop have that functionality? If YES, where i find it?
If NO, is the contribution for that? Can You send me a link to?

Best regards and thanks in advance!
Lukasz

Edited by Elvikom, 13 December 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#2   Ben Nevis

Ben Nevis
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

osc does have ability to handle downloadable files.  You can make a product downloadable by entering the file name in the product attribute section of admin.  I don't think the built-in procedure restricts the number of days/times it can be downloaded for, but this functionality is certainly there with the Super Download Store addon contribution - see link in my sig.  SDS has several advantages over the standard built in download handling.
www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

#3   SellingPower

SellingPower
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

View PostBen Nevis, on 13 December 2009 - 04:33 PM, said:

osc does have ability to handle downloadable files.  You can make a product downloadable by entering the file name in the product attribute section of admin.  I don't think the built-in procedure restricts the number of days/times it can be downloaded for, but this functionality is certainly there with the Super Download Store addon contribution - see link in my sig.  SDS has several advantages over the standard built in download handling.

I have tried implementing the Downloadable feature in the core osCommerce as described in http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Administration_Tool/Configuration/162.  And while it no longer charges shipping for downloadable products, I don't see where it is providing the download link upon completion of the purchase.  There is no link in the email nor on the Success page.  What am I missing?

Thank you,
Selling Power

#4   SellingPower

SellingPower
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

View PostSellingPower, on 30 December 2009 - 04:01 PM, said:

Progress!  We discovered that the order actually has to be administratively changed (status changed to delivered) for the download link section to be displayed in the order detail page.  Only problem is that there is no link.  The download files are in a subfolder of /catalog/download/ but are correctly identified in the products attributes.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Selling Power

Further Progress!  We discovered that the filenames transferred from our previous database did not match the case of the actual filenames.  Once we corrected the case of the filenames, the download links show up as links in the Download Links section of the Order History page.

Thanks you,
Selling Power

#5   SellingPower

SellingPower
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

View PostSellingPower, on 30 December 2009 - 09:00 PM, said:

Further Progress!  We discovered that the filenames transferred from our previous database did not match the case of the actual filenames.  Once we corrected the case of the filenames, the download links show up as links in the Download Links section of the Order History page.

Thanks you,
Selling Power

New question:  since the order has to have a status of delivered in order for the download link to appear on the checkout_success page, how can we get the order status automatically changed to delivered for online orders so that the download link is there when the user gets the checkout_success page?

Thank you,
Selling Power

#6   SellingPower

SellingPower
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostSellingPower, on 30 December 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

New question:  since the order has to have a status of delivered in order for the download link to appear on the checkout_success page, how can we get the order status automatically changed to delivered for online orders so that the download link is there when the user gets the checkout_success page?

Thank you,
Selling Power

Discovered that if you allow downloads while the order is still pending, then the download link will show up in the success page.  I guess that puts us at risk if the user is paying by check.  But it meets the immediacy of online delivery when paid for by credit card.

Selling Power

#7   Ben Nevis

Ben Nevis
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

View PostSellingPower, on 31 December 2009 - 02:56 PM, said:

Discovered that if you allow downloads while the order is still pending, then the download link will show up in the success page.  I guess that puts us at risk if the user is paying by check.  But it meets the immediacy of online delivery when paid for by credit card.

Selling Power
You can set the order status differently for different payment modules.  You can have a status of 'delivered' for modules providing instant payment confirmation when checkout completes, while having a different status for those where payment may need to be manually approved.
www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!