• Please log in to reply
571 replies to this topic

#41   thetrecker

thetrecker
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 19:44

will this cross sell to a catogory or do i have to set all products
as the options on the site need to cross sell with diferent catogories ie a fireplace surround would then require a backpanel and hearth etc etc
and there are 9 diffirent catogories under the marble section with in this
still going to add it anyway but just wanted to ask

http://www.designfir...log/default.php

#42   mcneelysdepot

mcneelysdepot
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 02:10

can anyone help with this code?

I have installed the above and give me this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_xsell VALUES ('',304,182,1)

Any help is apprecited

Salvo

salvo,

you need to make sure that the ID field in products_xsell is the first field. i am not sure why but that is the only way i could get it to work.

#43   dmGremlin

dmGremlin
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 04:52

I'm not sure if someone has already posted a fix for this somewhere else, but for those of you who have noticed that if one of the products to be 'cross sold' is a special (and you are using the 'buy now' feature), the special price is not displayed - only the original price. Here is the fix:

in 'includes/modules/xsell_products.php' (which would have been renamed from xsell_products.php_buynow) find the line:

$xsell['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($xsell['products_id']);
and underneath, insert:
$xsell['specials_new_products_price'] = tep_get_products_special_price($xsell['products_id']);

if ($xsell['specials_new_products_price']) {

$xsell_price =  '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';

$xsell_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$xsell_price =  $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']));

}
then, find the line
$currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']))
and replace with:
$xsell_price

This is a very nice and in my opinion necessary contribution. It would be nice if the original cross sell was packaged with the admin for it. Happy coding everyone!

8)
-D. M.

#44   dmGremlin

dmGremlin
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 04:59

hmm... part of that might have been slightly confusing. The second part - the line that needed to be replaced,

$currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']))

is inside of the the 'text' => ' ' part of the array a few lines down from the the other blurb of code. Don't replace this line in any part of the code that you would be inserting. I hope that makes more sense.

8)
-D. M.

#45   Salvo

Salvo
  • Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:39

I have made and tried a few things but still doesn't work,

I would appreciate if someone posted a full working
xsell_products.php

I have a download of Nov 2002...

Thanks

Salvo

#46   bluephoenix

bluephoenix
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 18:54

Now easier to download
I zipped both parts into one contribution.
It is here
http://www.oscommerc...ntributions,334

I added the multi-language support changes as well as the specials fix.
"If you rundown your shadow, you will never catch it"
Bob Marley

#47   timlitw

timlitw
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 19:48

I tried unziping it with winzip and with unzip on my linux host.

#48   bluephoenix

bluephoenix
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:07

Fixed the problem
Bob Marley

#49   Salvo

Salvo
  • Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 13:06

Hi all
I have been trying to download the 04/01/2003 - Cross-Sell Complete v1.1 with no success...

Any idea why?

Thanks

Salvo

#50   timlitw

timlitw
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 00:19

now getting a file not found error whne clicking the download

#51   bluephoenix

bluephoenix
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 09:20

Try this link
http://www.oscommerc...ss-sellV1.1.zip
Bob Marley

#52   timlitw

timlitw
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 22:09

I got an error when trying to create cross sell items I had to modify the admin code that inserts into the database

this is what I ended up with

/admin/xsell_products.php
line 194

$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " VALUES ($_POST[add_related_product_ID],$temp,'','')";

#53   Salvo

Salvo
  • Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 19:13

I don't understand why, but I have tried all the various files in admin/xsell_products.php

And with the last contribution download, I am able to add but not able to do anything else... amend/delete etc etc..

I think the the contribution is very nice but is in need to a better admin site where the xsell between products would be easy to enter...

with many product, it becomes very slow.

I am not a coder, but I think that if someone with a little knowledge in php could adjust and adapt the featured.php to this contribution...

Thanks

Salvo

#54   Jaguar

Jaguar
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:15

I have uploaded a update to the Cross Sell with Admin contribution that creates a revised SQL database file.

Some people have had problems using the Admin portion because the ID field gets added to the END of the database rather that at the begining of the database as it should be. This has cuased various errors and partial functionality.

This script will check to see if the table already exists and then delete it and create a new on with the ID filed in the right order.

Hopefully this will save somebody's hair line. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

A big Kudos to Benjamin for his efforts on what he has done already with this Cross Sell contribution and to whoever started it. 8)
Loren

The great thing about beating your head against the wall is that it feels SO GOOD when you stop!

#55   Elementbuch.de

Elementbuch.de
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:15

is it correct, that when i have a product in three categories, that this product is shown three times in the main categorie?

how can i avoid this?

best regards,
harald

#56   Jaguar

Jaguar
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 23:48

Each of the three versions relates to the three language versions that are the default install of OSC.

Delete the other two languages that you dont need and and the triple entries will be only one entry.

If you need more than one language on your site then you will have one entry for EACH language you have on your site.

1 language = 1 entry
10 languages = 10 entries

This is a bit of a minor problem as the author of the the cros sell module did not write the admin portion of the module. Nothing that a little creative coding cant fix.
Loren

The great thing about beating your head against the wall is that it feels SO GOOD when you stop!

#57   Paul_w

Paul_w
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 00:18

I have uploaded a update to the Cross Sell with Admin contribution that creates a revised SQL database file.

Do you mind posting a link to this, I am interested in this contribution and I can't find an updated version, only the old one....

Thanks.

#58   Jaguar

Jaguar
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 00:53

Here is the link to the revised SQL file:

http://www.oscommerc...ions,334/page,4

This is only the SQL file, however it is in the same contribution area that the original Cross Sell module and Admin module are located, you just need to look at a couple of the earlier postings. (4/03/2003)

I have currently installed and am using the module as it exists in a site I am desging and it works as described. However, the admin portion needs a little help in the UI section /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Of course I am also creating my own fork and support utilites like any good hacker would. /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
Loren

#59   slackbladder

slackbladder
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 20:30

Firstly, A GREAT MOD /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Secondly, within admin is it possible to show the model field as well as or instead of the product description?

I have a lot of products that have the same description/title and its difficult to tell which one is which! :shock:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thx
Tony

#60   MurrayM

MurrayM
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 01:43

I made the changes and uploaded everything. It appeard to be working until I tried to add the first cross sell item: Got the following message:

Cross-Sell (X-Sell) Admin

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_xsell VALUES ('',30,68,1)

[TEP STOP]

Any idea what could be wrong? Was I supposed to make a modification to the table? I could use a bit of help here as it looks like I am pretty close to getting this module to work.
thanks.