• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic Image Resizer

rescuestat

This is the support thread for the Dynamic Image Resizer.

Several contributions have been created to allow for different sizes/thumbnails of product images. These have all seemed to create tremendous amounts of extra labor especially when several hundreds or even thousands of product images are needed.

What this contribution allows is to have a single large product image that is dynamically resized on your website prior to downloading to the visitor. Why download a 2-3Mb picture when only a 3-4K thumbnail is needed or have 3 different sizes when only one is needed.

This contribution is written to work with all osCommerce 2.x versions and with only a single change to be compatible with osCommerce 3.0.

I've tried to make this contribution as simple of a cut/paste operation as possible, and also make it portable to any version of osCommerce. If anyone encounters any problems let me know and I'll update the contrib as quickly as possible.

The only limitation discovered so far involves GIF and PNG images, sometimes during the resize process the optimized PNG image may actually be upto 3x's the original GIF image size. This is due to PNG's inherit lossless image quality, this is still be worked on and will be addressed in future versions. As of now, GIF and PNG images are not optimized but it is coded to handle them if so desired.

Thanks,

Frank

PS: This is my first contribution, but won't be the last.

Added: Contribution thread... http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6941

Edited by rescuestat

is'nt this just doing the same as oscThumb, but with less functionality?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

is'nt this just doing the same as oscThumb, but with less functionality?

Actuallut not familiar with oscThumb, this is something I wrote quite sometime back and just thought I'd clean it up and post it for anyone to use. If there's something better than by all means use it. That's what we're all here for, is to make osC better.

• 1 year later...

I just tested it. It works good, but:

1. It doesn't recalculate the height after resizing. It just follow what is set in the admin panel and the result is an ugly thumbnail

2. If the image is GIF it can't process it

Edited by spear

• 5 months later...

Hello

Thnak you for taking time to read this.

Ok I am trying to install and configure

Dynamic Image Resizer add on.

However I am getting this errors on the site

Warning: exif_imagetype(images/52428.jpg) [function.exif-imagetype]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 82

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for images/52428.jpg in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 102

I have changed after home/ to my domain

Also for products with no images the image_not_available.jpg is not displayed causing the ex VAT price that I have to be displayed under the location where the image should be instead to the right of the image location,

I dont understand why this is happening would be great if someone can let me know why I am getting these messages.

Kind Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank,

I've installed the contribution and it was super easy to do. However, I am getting the "Image not found" image on all my jpg files - interestingly, it seems to know the general dimensions of the image that it's not finding, because they are all appear with slightly (and correctly) different displayed sizes of the "Image not found" - have you any thoughts on what might cause this?

Test site is here http://www.classicbikebooks.com/catalogus

Thanks

Chris S.

Edited by cmakynen

• 2 months later...

Hi Frank,

I've installed the contribution and it was super easy to do. However, I am getting the "Image not found" image on all my jpg files - interestingly, it seems to know the general dimensions of the image that it's not finding, because they are all appear with slightly (and correctly) different displayed sizes of the "Image not found" - have you any thoughts on what might cause this?

Test site is here http://www.classicbikebooks.com/catalogus

Thanks

Chris S.

I am running into the same problem. Has anyone figured what causes this? All my images come up with 'image not found'. The images appear in the preview on the admin page, but only in thumbnail size.

I guess I'll have to uninstall this, and manually resize the images to get them to show up properly, since the product images were humongous and not resizing at all before I installed this.

Thanks,

Marianne

• 7 months later...

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your contribution. I've tested it and just one little problem occurs.

How can I prevent this on my site: Warning: exif_imagetype(images/someimage.jpg) [function.exif-imagetype]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...

in html_output.php $img_type = exif_imagetype($src); returns error if image don't exists??

Yours,

Antti