IP trap Version 3 released

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#21   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:33

Thanks leslie, do you have you IP number so i can see if it least registered please?
Nic
Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

My Contributions

#22   Biancoblu

Biancoblu

1291 Giger's Alien

• Community Sponsor
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 20:23

I have been working with Isabella (Biancoblu) who has been testing this for me pre release, and post release, and has been an invaluable help.
She has an index solution that can be used to protect your banned folder which does not have an index.
I have given her access to the IP Trap uploads so maybe she will upload this to be included
Nic

Nic, I have uploaded the package you mentioned to your IP Trap.

This is a way of blocking the listing of folders by uploading a fake index to the folder in question.
When you call the folder in a browser the fake index will load so you won't be able to see the list of files contained in the folder.
The page will show the date and time of visit, the visitor's IP number, the folder they tried to view, and browser info. Infos will be emailed to you.
***WARNING: do not use in folders that already contain an index.php file!***

Nic, again thanks for your IP trap and all your other great contributions.

Isabella
~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

#23   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:02

Hi Nic

I wish to let you know the previous version worked for me. I can't get banned when I go to your new url.

Nic, as with Leslie my previous version worked. That was 2.1 for me.

I can access http://www.developme....net/j/personal, it takes me to http://www.developme...net/j/index.php

The same thing happens on my site, when I put in the ****/personal URL I go to my index page instead.

Outside of that thanks for your work, I know enough about code use (in vb for applications) to know it can be an adventure. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'd be glad to help with testing if you want.

Thanks

Steve
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#24   alba

alba
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:27

Ive tried this latest version as well and no matter who tests it they are simply redirected back to the sites index.php file and nothign is logged in the banned file

#25   Platinum Games

Platinum Games
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:19

hello all,

i have updated to v3 IP TRAP

i have found it hard to gtrap my ip when i go to
test here

no matter how may time i try.

it seems that the IP_Trapped.txt file is not being written or something. CHMOD 644
banned file set to 755

not sue what the issue is

i have tried everything?
Thanks in advance!

Ben

#26   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:22

hello all,

i have updated to v3 IP TRAP

i have found it hard to gtrap my ip when i go to
test here

no matter how may time i try.

it seems that the IP_Trapped.txt file is not being written or something. CHMOD 644
banned file set to 755

not sue what the issue is

i have tried everything?

Hi,
I tried the trap and it banned me, i tried a few pages and it seems to work.
The Permissions should be set to
banned folder - 755
the two .txt files inside should be 666

Thanks for the feed back
Nic

My Contributions

#27   Platinum Games

Platinum Games
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:26

Hi,
I tried the trap and it banned me, i tried a few pages and it seems to work.
The Permissions should be set to
banned folder - 755
the two .txt files inside should be 666

Thanks for the feed back
Nic

ok thanks is for any reason that it will not ban me? my IP is not in the Whitelist.txt???
i use FF not IE.
Thanks in advance!

Ben

#28   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:36

@ altoid
Thanks steve, i will probably need the help
Nic

My Contributions

#29   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:42

ok thanks is for any reason that it will not ban me? my IP is not in the Whitelist.txt???
i use FF not IE.

it should not matter what your browser is, i need to have a look at the code again, using the amount of E-Mails i am getting confirming banned people it seems a small minority are having a problem.

Nic

My Contributions

#30   Platinum Games

Platinum Games
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:07

it should not matter what your browser is, i need to have a look at the code again, using the amount of E-Mails i am getting confirming banned people it seems a small minority are having a problem.

Nic

it has started to work just not for my ip, thanks
Thanks in advance!

Ben

#31   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:20

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your feedback, i will keep looking
Nic

My Contributions

#32   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:44

@ altoid
Thanks steve, i will probably need the help
Nic

Nic, for what it's worth I messed around a bit tonight with the contrib and got some interesting results.

I deleted Whitelist.txt from my directory, ran my store url and go the pHp missing file error, etc. stuff.

I re-uploaded Whitelist.txt and then ran the ****/personal URL and got the blocked action, ****/blocked.php.

I checked in IP_Trapped.txt and found my IP and the 999.999.999.999

I cleared my IP and made sure I could get to my store. I could.

I tried to do the ****/personal thing again, but got *****/index.php instead. ***** of course being my store url.

Don't know if that helps but I thought I'd pass it along.

Steve
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#33   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:07

Hi Steve
Thanks i appreciate the feedback, its always welcome so long as it is constructive and aids a better add on.
This action is correct so long as you are included in the whitelist.txt
Some users have had problems whereby they are not in the whitlist and get redirected back to the index.php
I obviously have to sort this out, point of interest is that it happens mainly in Australia.

A point to note is that you cannot exist in both files, if you are in the Whitelist and the IP_Trapped.txt the IP_Trapped.txt over rides and has priority.
I am busy with paid stuff at present, but will get round to an update soon.

Thanks once again Steve.
Nic

My Contributions

#34   rocdy

rocdy
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:50

I have found this is good addon in version 2.1 but when i upgrade into version 3 it not working. I just tested and i find my ip have not banned when i type www.bnetb-tanahabang.com/personal two or three time. Any idea about this issue?

I was using other computer to test my IP trap and it is working, but when i try to test with my computer the IP trap doesn't work, and i have checked in the whitelist.txt and banned.txt that my IP was not there. Sorry for my bad english.

But this addon still some great contributions for me. Thank You
Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.
Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

#35   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:52

Hmm i need to look into the code when i have the time.
Thank you for the feedback.
Nic

My Contributions

#36   djdeuce

djdeuce
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 23:09

I'm also having the same problem. I've installed 3 times now and my personal folder redirects to the catalog of my site while not adding my IP to IP_Trapped. I have two probable causes I can think of:

1. I use a catalog directory. Is there any code change other than specified needed if you are not running your store from the root directory?

2. I have a redirect in htaccess that rewrites my root store address and index page to my store catalog folder for SEO. Could my redirects be causing it?

rewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
rewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mystore\.com
rewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mystore/catalog/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /([^/]+/)*index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(([^/]+/)*)index\.php$ http://www.mystore/catalog/$1 [R=301,L]

#37   FIMBLE

FIMBLE
  • Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 13:24

HI
I do not think this is a cause.
Until i get this sorted out (it only seems to impact a very small percentage of users) i would reccomend using the earlier version without the whitelist, i am sooo busy with paid work at present i do not have time to look at this for the forseeable
Nic

My Contributions

#38   djdeuce

djdeuce
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 00:08

I installed v2.1 and it worked! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Thank you! Please let me know if you figure out why the whitelist was failing.

#39   djdeuce

djdeuce
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 00:40

Hmm, this is odd. You cannot checkout on my site now without getting an error. Is there something I need to change for my ssl? I've taken this contribution off my site for now until I can figure this out. I'm guessing it is the secret.php addition to application_top making this error?

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.
This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Anyone else have this error?

#40   djdeuce

djdeuce
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:58

Ok, so this is obviously something to do with my ssl. I changed the require statement in application_top. The trap works now and customers can check out in my shop again.......but the blocked.php gets an error and does not display correctly. Here is what i changed and the error I get now on blocked.php:

Changed:
// include the IP Trap
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'secret.php');

To:
// include the IP Trap
if ($request_type == 'NONSSL')
include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'secret.php');

Error on blocked.php:
Warning: include(DIR_WS_CLASSESlanguage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/arrowshe/public_html/products/blocked.php on line 9
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'DIR_WS_CLASSESlanguage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/arrowshe/public_html/products/blocked.php on line 9
Fatal error: Class 'language' not found in /home/arrowshe/public_html/products/blocked.php on line 10

My shop works correctly like this and I think the IP trap is working....but for cosmetic reasons or if a real customer gets blocked and I need to unblock them, does anyone know how I can fix this? Any ideas Fimble?

Thanks!
-Travis