• Please log in to reply
4057 replies to this topic

#121   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 13:26

Hi

I installed the SEO URL 5 and it seems to be working great. I just have one issue: I had this contribution installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1480 and it seems that now when I use the drop down menu it just re-directs to Page 404 Page not found. I guess this is because the method of URL creation has changed, but I'm not that good with my codes.

Please can you offer advice on how to fix it so I can continue to use the Drop down menu as I have many categories, sub and sub-sub-categories and so the drop down is a real massive timesaver.

If you want to see what I mean the site is www dot totallytoto dot com.

Thanks,

Quentin

The drop down menu doesn't work because the cPaths are wrong

What should be ..

cPath=203_251

Is presented as ..

cPath=_203_251

I had a quick look at the contribution but could see no dropdown in the categories code.

#122   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 13:28

The cache is not active on this website...
And the rest of your addons works perfectly on thoses categories. I can activate/descactivate, change type to htaccess or normal, it's works perfectly. Only the caracters conversions...
You can see it on
test dot lesvinsquejaime dot net

Thanks a lot for your help.

All I see are empty uris .. like ..

/-p-66.html

#123   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 13:33

Hi

I installed the SEO URL 5 and it seems to be working great. I just have one issue: I had this contribution installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1480 and it seems that now when I use the drop down menu it just re-directs to Page 404 Page not found. I guess this is because the method of URL creation has changed, but I'm not that good with my codes.

Please can you offer advice on how to fix it so I can continue to use the Drop down menu as I have many categories, sub and sub-sub-categories and so the drop down is a real massive timesaver.

If you want to see what I mean the site is www dot totallytoto dot com.

Thanks,

Quentin

Try the following to fix your broken contribution ..

includes/boxes/categories.php

Find ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'],

Change to ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => ltrim($path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'], '_'),

#124   mouloud

mouloud
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 15:15

All I see are empty uris .. like ..

/-p-66.html

This is weird... I see the url by me... For exemple the first "appellation" on the left :
hxxp://test.lesvinsquejaime.net/collioure-banyuls-c-64.html

You do not have the same result ???

#125   mouloud

mouloud
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 15:23

The language conversion files are in the "character_conversion_pack" folder of the downloaded package.

Doooh !!
the bug was between the chair and the computer, as usual... /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
So I uploaded this files (wich seems like the exact copy of the one I manually did, without the comments), and tadaaam ! it works, even in the category box on the left !
I can't understand why.
But you could run some test to see if the conversion works for the categorie menu when you use the configuration directive and not the file...

Thanks a lot anyway /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#126   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 15:31

Doooh !!
the bug was between the chair and the computer, as usual... /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
So I uploaded this files (wich seems like the exact copy of the one I manually did, without the comments), and tadaaam ! it works, even in the category box on the left !
I can't understand why.
But you could run some test to see if the conversion works for the categorie menu when you use the configuration directive and not the file...

Thanks a lot anyway /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My pleasure, glad you got it working.

#127   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 16:15

Buy now buttons and split page results showing wrong uris

Two people so far (guigs and a12c4magic) have had issues where incorrect links were produced for buy now buttons and the split page results links.

This has now been solved thanks to guigs who very generously gave me access to his live shop to find the issue .. thanks guigs.

So what was it?

$PHP_SELF ($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) is used in osCommerce to identify the current page PHP_SELF however should not be used for several reasons the main ones being that it can be spoofed and is unreliable. In this case basename($PHP_SELF) as used in split_page_results.php was not returning the current file but returning part of an seo url like .. my-product-c-32. The correct thing to do is use the reliable $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] instead.

What do I do to make it work?

catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ..

if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);

Replace with ..

if( !isset($PHP_SELF) || (isset($PHP_SELF) && (false === (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), -4, 4) == '.php'))) ){
	$PHP_SELF = basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
  }

Edited by FWR Media, 09 June 2009 - 16:22.

#128   Quentin100

Quentin100
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 17:31

Try the following to fix your broken contribution ..

includes/boxes/categories.php

Find ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'],

Change to ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => ltrim($path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'], '_'),

Thanks a million, works perfectly! I must say this is the fastest response I've seen on a Forum and excellent advice as well ... top notch!

#129   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 19:51

New revision uploaded

This is the first revision to be a "release candidate".

Very minor changes and unimportant unless you suffered the buy now button/split page issue due to PHP_SELF.

Changelog:

Thanks to all those who posted language character conversions.

1) Added Turkish character conversion

2) Corrected use of strpos in two files
catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/Usu_Articles.php
catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/Usu_Categories.php

3) Corrected the RewriteRules in upgrade.html for the Links Manager II contribution

4) Added Swedish character conversion

5) Fixed buy now button and split page results incorrect links.

On some servers basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] does not return the expected filename,
code in application_top.php has been changed to force use of the correct $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].

Edited by FWR Media, 09 June 2009 - 19:54.

#130   usvi4me

usvi4me
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 20:03

I would like to try to install this contribution again on my "live" site. All is well on the localhost.

I will be doing an upgrade from series 2. Last time I tried this I made a mistake somewhere and the site was down for almost an hour before I could restore from a backup. Needless to say I'm a little bit nervous.

I would like to check in stages if I'm doing things correctly.

#131   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 20:18

I would like to try to install this contribution again on my "live" site. All is well on the localhost.

I will be doing an upgrade from series 2. Last time I tried this I made a mistake somewhere and the site was down for almost an hour before I could restore from a backup. Needless to say I'm a little bit nervous.

I would like to check in stages if I'm doing things correctly.

There only 7 osCommerce files that are changed .. and the changes are small changes .. nothing complex.

I would suggest backing up those 7 files so you have an immediate restore point then follow the instructions very carefully.

#132   khampaman

khampaman
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 21:25

hi fwr media,
Is ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r67_beta compatible with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.5 on rc2a store? i tried ultimate seo on fresh install and everything works, but when i add header tag, i get parse error on both catalog and admin. i alrso reversed with header tags on fresh store and ultimate seo afterwards, but with same result. after editing the aplication top.php, i manage to get the urls working but header tag seems to broken. however, i stillg et parse erro on admin
here is the error i get on
- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/mantrabo/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1386

#133   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 21:38

hi fwr media,
Is ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r67_beta compatible with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.5 on rc2a store? i tried ultimate seo on fresh install and everything works, but when i add header tag, i get parse error on both catalog and admin. i alrso reversed with header tags on fresh store and ultimate seo afterwards, but with same result. after editing the aplication top.php, i manage to get the urls working but header tag seems to broken. however, i stillg et parse erro on admin
here is the error i get on
- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/mantrabo/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1386

No this issue is not created by USU5 you have applied header tags code incorrectly or there is a problem with the contribution (which I doubt)

Edited by FWR Media, 09 June 2009 - 21:42.

#134   khampaman

khampaman
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 21:47

No this issue is not created by USU5 you have applied header tags code incorrectly or there is a problem with the contribution (which I doubt)

yes, you are right. i tried your contribution on fresh store and it was working perfectly. Could you recommend which of these two contribution to install first on fresh store? thank you very much for your quick replay.

#135   spooks

spooks
  • Members
  • 7,017 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 21:51

Hi Robert, I havent installed this (yet), but it looks an excellent contrib. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I just have one quick question, can it be used to 'hide' the sid
Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

#136   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 21:58

Hi Robert, I havent installed this (yet), but it looks an excellent contrib. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I just have one quick question, can it be used to 'hide' the sid

No and neither should it .. concepts like the sid killer imo are flawed. When you are dealing with a stateless protocol (as we are) you can either force the immediate use of cookies or pass the sid initially via _GET .. after all users can turn cookies off. If a user has cookies turned off you can run into the problem of sids posted on other sites which is why recreate session must be set to on.

#137   spooks

spooks
  • Members
  • 7,017 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 23:12

Thanks for the reply, I would just say that some have reported that having recreate session set to true caused issues on thier sites, I have not investigated what might cause that.
Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

#138   khampaman

khampaman
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 00:57

hey guys!
general question:: what is this file (installer_class.php) for? do we need to run this like installer.php?
tia

#139   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:21

hey guys!
general question:: what is this file (installer_class.php) for? do we need to run this like installer.php?
tia

No .. installer.php is reliant on installer_class.php

#140   2fix4u

2fix4u
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:27

Hello FWR

I've got one question, but first thank you for this great contrib and the many other extremely good "SEO" contribs!

I've installed USU5 and everything works perfectly. But the contrib Google XML Sitemap SEO seems to be not compatible with USU5. The XML file "sitemapproducts.xml" and all others, e.g. now shows "...product_info.php?products_id=71" instead of my-great-product-p-37.html that confuses Google. The Google Webmaster site gives me Warnings about my XML files

"URLs not followed When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL."

With Chemos Code updated from You (2.1b original updated) The GoogleSitemaps Contrib works perfectly.

Has anyone else this problem?

Thank you for your assistance!