• Please log in to reply
4055 replies to this topic

#3441   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:07

Hi Robert

Thanks for the suggestion but I have reset the cache after each change of setting.

I wasn't aware that I could separate category caching from product caching but when I add cPath to product URLs in the settings, the category path is still numeric despite the product being SEO'd.

Mark

Mark

USU5 will ALWAYS produce an SEO URI for categories just so long as the code is correct: -

1) The correct osCommerce link wrapper is used tep_href_link();
2) tep_href_link() is used correctly e.g.
tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=23' );

Static caching is the only exception, e.g. if the categories html is cached then USU5 will never be called upon to build the URIs.

#3442   Aarsvaars

Aarsvaars
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:11

Hi Robert,

Could you please help me with my problem as stated below:

I also figured out that when I put the "Choose the uri format" to standard, the links to products and categories don't work aswell. If someone can point me in the right direction, please.

Gr, Aarsvaars

EDIT: Can't seem to quote my whole previous message. The problem is that when I enable your contribution the product and category links aren't working. I tried to adjust every option in the control panel and I edited the htaccess as instructed.

Edited by Aarsvaars, 22 August 2011 - 09:14.

#3443   FWR Media

FWR Media
  • Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:32

Hi Robert,

Could you please help me with my problem as stated below:

EDIT: Can't seem to quote my whole previous message. The problem is that when I enable your contribution the product and category links aren't working. I tried to adjust every option in the control panel and I edited the htaccess as instructed.

"product and category links aren't working" is not descriptive enough for me to try and help.

Basically .. if the uri format is standard then .htaccess will have no effect, if the links are not loading the required page then most likely your server is set up to NOT accept path based URIs and you may need to add to .htaccess: -
AcceptPathInfo On

If however the uri format is set to rewrite, the URIs are being produced correctly but the links are not loading the correct page then the issue will be one of the following in order of likelyhood: -

• RewriteBase is incorrectly set
  • The server is IIS and needs a module added to allow RewriteRules
  • mod_rewrite module is not compiled.

Edited by FWR Media, 22 August 2011 - 09:32.

#3444   Aarsvaars

Aarsvaars
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:26

"product and category links aren't working" is not descriptive enough for me to try and help.

Basically .. if the uri format is standard then .htaccess will have no effect, if the links are not loading the required page then most likely your server is set up to NOT accept path based URIs and you may need to add to .htaccess: -

AcceptPathInfo On

If however the uri format is set to rewrite, the URIs are being produced correctly but the links are not loading the correct page then the issue will be one of the following in order of likelyhood: -

• RewriteBase is incorrectly set
  • The server is IIS and needs a module added to allow RewriteRules
  • mod_rewrite module is not compiled.

I put the uri format to standard and added the htacces code "AcceptPathInfo on". I still get the error messages when clicking on categories and products.

#3445   T1RBO

T1RBO
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:25

Mark

USU5 will ALWAYS produce an SEO URI for categories just so long as the code is correct: -

1) The correct osCommerce link wrapper is used tep_href_link();
2) tep_href_link() is used correctly e.g.

tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=23' );

Static caching is the only exception, e.g. if the categories html is cached then USU5 will never be called upon to build the URIs.

Still no luck understanding this one - my replacements all look ok and only the categories don't get replaced.

Is there a 'setting' that I am missing here as I can add and subtract detail from the product listing with gay abandon but category is always represented as cPath=216 even is I append it to the product.

I checked my configuration files and hta files and all refer to catalog.php as FILENAME_DEFAULT - the only one that is different is FILENAME_HOME which refers to index.php as that is where the 'real' homepage is located.

Rather than make this our life's mission, I've read others requesting to leave the category pages unchanged - is that perceived to have some seo benefit - in which case, shall I just stop driving everyone mad?!!

Thanks for the great work.

#3446   Sturzaker123

Sturzaker123
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:55

Ill pay someone $15 US to install this for me on my site (2.3) - my template isnt standard I dont think hence I can't do it my self becuase I keep getting errors

LMK

- Thanks

#3447   kiwi_mc

kiwi_mc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:11

Hi Robert,

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLS 5 PRO and everything is working well except when I process a payment. After the payment is accepted by the payment gateway, on the redirect to my site I am directed to the login page instead of through to checkout_success. I'm running v2.2 RC2a and using the DPS PxPay payment module. The payment process works ok when the contribution is removed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#3448   T1RBO

T1RBO
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 16:42

Hi Robert

Still trying to fathom this one out and, here's where I am...

Using the reporting tool I can see that it runs the [products_id] => Array code from the page modules but not the category one.

I'd say that rather than running the code in page_modules/index.php and getting errored back to the standard tep_href_link() that in my instance there is something preventing the index.php page module being run at all - I presume that I would see this in the error reporting.

I did think that I had found a sliver of hope in a hard-coded reference to root/index.php in the changes to catalog/includes/application_top.php

// Some odd server set ups return / for SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF when accessed as mysite.com (no index.php) where they usually return /index.php
if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) {
return 'index.php';
}

As my index page is catalog.php I thought that I may have an 'odd server set up' but as the products are working fine, I think that is a red herring.

Is there some significance in the page modules being named after their normal namesakes and that somewhere page_modules/index.php can't match up with catalog.php?

I'm so close that I'd really rather not give up!

Mark

Attached Files

• Attached File  seo.jpg   70.52KB   16 downloads

#3449 ONLINE   gadlol

gadlol
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 15:50

Hi, is it possible not to have the product id on the links?

Example:

http://www.domain.co...abla-p-273.html

to

http://www.domain.co...bla-blabla.html

????????

Thanks for reading....
hello programming

#3450   annuity

annuity
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:56

Hi FWR,

I have the latest version of USU5 pro installed on oscommerce v.2.3.1 and i wanted to ask a question regarding how the latest version handles redirects as it seems to operate slightly differently from an older version of USU5 i have on another site.

On this new site with the latest version of USU5 if i manually change the URL in the browser from say product-name-p-12.html to -p-12.html i get a 404 page where as on the site with the older version it will redirect to product-name-p-12.html on just -p-12.html. On the latest version it will only redirect if at least one letter is before the hyphen like z-p-12.html but it can be any letter.

Please could you advise if this is an intentional new way of redirecting or if it is a problem with my setup? I have tried turning Output W3C valid URLs? Force www.mysite.com/ when www.mysite.com/index.php and Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? both true and false with no joy.

Everything operates fine apart from this small issue.

Further to my previous post above. I have moved hosts and on a fresh install it is still displaying the same behaviour so please could anyone who has oscommerce 2.3 and the latest version of USU5 pro(r205) installed please take just 10 seconds to check the following for me:

Go to your home page ie. www.yoursite.com
Click on any category/product/manufacturer ie. www.yoursite.com/category-c-1.html
In your browser manually change the URL to ie. www.yoursite.com/-c-1.html
Press enter

Do you get a 404 page not found or does the URL change back to www.yoursite.com/category-c-1.html?

Also is anyone using the manual 301 redirects in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/uri_redirects_array.php? Does it work for you? I can't get anything to 301 redirect even the examples given in the original file, which is:

<?php
  /**
  * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO ( version 1.1 )
  * @package USU5_PRO
  * @license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU Public License
  * @link http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk
  * @copyright Copyright 2008-2009 FWR Media
  * @copyright Portions Copyright 2005 ( rewrite uri concept ) Bobby Easland
  * @author Robert Fisher, FWR Media, http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk
  * @lastdev $Author:: Rob                                          	$:  Author of last commit
  * @lastmod $Date:: 2010-12-21 22:45:02 +0000 (Tue, 21 Dec 2010)   	$:  Date of last commit
  * @version $Rev:: 196                                     			$:  Revision of last commit
  * @Id $Id:: uri_redirects_array.php 196 2010-12-21 22:45:02Z Rob  	$:  Full Details  
  */

/**
  * Array of URIs to be 301 redirected
  * @package USU5_PRO
  * @example 'hardware-c-99'  => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ) redirects the specific uri hardware-c-99 to the current uri for cPath=1
  */
  /*
  $usu5_uri_redirects = array( 'hardware-c-99'  => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ),
                   			'hardware-c-101' => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ),
                   			'de/hardware-c-101' => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ) );
  */

I have tried removing the /* and */ but no matter what i do i can't get anything to 301 redirect. Also should the old URL like hardware-c-99 in the example above not be hardware-c-99.html? I have tried it with and without anyway but as i say nothing will 301 redirect i just get a 404 page not found.

Every other part of the contribution is working perfectly. The weird thing is i have other websites with older versions of USU 5 that redirect -c-1.html correctly and manual 301 redirects work perfectly so i don't understand why with this latest version i am havng these issues. I have root access to the server so can change anything if required. I need to get manual 301 redirects working because i don't have control over my categories so they could be changed at anytime and i need to be able to 301 redirect from the old categories to the new ones.

Thank you.

Edited by annuity, 31 August 2011 - 10:04.

#3451   annuity

annuity
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 13:05

Further to my previous post above. I have moved hosts and on a fresh install it is still displaying the same behaviour so please could anyone who has oscommerce 2.3 and the latest version of USU5 pro(r205) installed please take just 10 seconds to check the following for me:

Click on any category/product/manufacturer ie. www.yoursite.com/category-c-1.html
Press enter

Do you get a 404 page not found or does the URL change back to www.yoursite.com/category-c-1.html?

Also is anyone using the manual 301 redirects in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/uri_redirects_array.php? Does it work for you? I can't get anything to 301 redirect even the examples given in the original file, which is:

<?php
  /**
  * @package USU5_PRO
  * @lastdev $Author:: Rob                                          	$:  Author of last commit
  * @lastmod $Date:: 2010-12-21 22:45:02 +0000 (Tue, 21 Dec 2010)   	$:  Date of last commit
  * @version $Rev:: 196                         						$:  Revision of last commit
  * @Id $Id:: uri_redirects_array.php 196 2010-12-21 22:45:02Z Rob  	$:  Full Details  
  */

/**
  * @package USU5_PRO
  * @example 'hardware-c-99'  => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ) redirects the specific uri hardware-c-99 to the current uri for cPath=1
  */
  /*
  $usu5_uri_redirects = array( 'hardware-c-99'  => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ),
  */

I have tried removing the /* and */ but no matter what i do i can't get anything to 301 redirect. Also should the old URL like hardware-c-99 in the example above not be hardware-c-99.html? I have tried it with and without anyway but as i say nothing will 301 redirect i just get a 404 page not found.

Every other part of the contribution is working perfectly. The weird thing is i have other websites with older versions of USU 5 that redirect -c-1.html correctly and manual 301 redirects work perfectly so i don't understand why with this latest version i am havng these issues. I have root access to the server so can change anything if required. I need to get manual 301 redirects working because i don't have control over my categories so they could be changed at anytime and i need to be able to 301 redirect from the old categories to the new ones.

Thank you.

As I can't PM Robert and i first posted on here on 16th August without reply, if there are any coders out there reading this please reply on this thread or PM me with a quote as i need to get these 2 small issues fixed and move on with my life. Time is money.

I need www.domainname.com/-c-1.html to redirect to www.domainname.com/category-name-c-1.html. This is for twitter links.

I need manual 301 redirects to work as my categories can get deleted at anytime and i need to be able to manually redirect the old urls without clogging up the .htaccess file.

Thank you

Edited by annuity, 31 August 2011 - 13:19.

#3452   ms35d4

ms35d4
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 14:44

Hello

Thanks for taking time to read this,

I have been using this great add on until yesterday the site was working fine but today I am getting this message on the homepage

Warning: Sqlite_Cache_Module::createDatabase() [sqlite-cache-module.createdatabase]: It is not

safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone

setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and

you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We

selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in

/home/mydomaincouk/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line

Fatal error: Class 'SQLiteDatabase' not found in

/home/mydomaincouk/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line

Please can someone explain what this error is and how can I resolve it.

Kind Regards

#3453   annuity

annuity
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 20:27

Press enter

<?php
  /**
  * @package USU5_PRO
  * @version $Rev:: 196                             					$:  Revision of last commit
  */

/**
  * @package USU5_PRO
  */
  /*
  */

Thank you.

Ok i've managed to install a new class to handle manual redirects so that ones sorted but the other issue of www.domain.com/-c-.1.html not redirecting and showing a 404 page is still happening. I thought of simply adding -c-.1.html and categoryname-c-.1.html to my redirect array but it gives a redirect loop.

I have noticed the 404 page when the url is www.domain.com/-c-.1.html is not the USU5 404 page so it seems for some reason when the url is www.domain.com/-c-.1.html it does not even enter into the system so to speak and the server rejects it before that. But if i add any letter into the url before the hyphen for example www.domain.com/Z-c-.1.html the redirect works. I thought this could be a configure.php or .htaccess issue but both look fine. Could it be something on my server? I have root access so can tweak anything i just need to know what. Anybody got any suggestions please?

Edited by annuity, 31 August 2011 - 20:30.

#3454   smartwork

smartwork
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 14:57

Hi there,

We are building a project where shop B will be reading product information (products, categories, etc.) from shop A (older version OSC), but all customer and order info will remain at shop B. We have that operating fine. Prior to this, we installed Ultimate SEO Urls and it works just fine. My question is if you can provide some direction on what we would need to change to convert this add-on to function on the data from shop A. For the rest of the site, we simlpy divided the shop's operations between what is related to "products" and what is related to "customers" and modified/duplicated the functions accordingly.

Thanks for any insight.

Edited to add: The method we used to split the shop was to add a second server config in includes/configure.php that provides access to shop A for queries relating to products and categories. That is then referenced for the parts of the shop relating to products/categories.

Edited by smartwork, 02 September 2011 - 15:03.

#3455   moda

moda
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 19:05

Hello ALL,

I have a problem similar to buylites ( http://forums.oscomm...post__p__159008 page 167 post # 3324

Traditional Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess - www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html) is not working.
Firefox:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

However Standard Seo Urls is working OK.

my .htaccess
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  # RewriteBase instructions
  # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
  # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /
  # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/
  # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/
  # Change RewriteBase using the instructions above 
  RewriteBase /
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
  # Articles contribution
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
  # Information pages
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php [NC,L,QSA]
  # Links contribution
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php [NC,L,QSA]
  # Newsdesk contribution
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php [NC,L,QSA]
</IfModule>

my configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mysite.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
  define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
  define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

Can you please let me know how to troubleshoot this error?
Anybody see this before?

thank you very much.

#3456   cbonnar

cbonnar
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:00

hi,

I have installed and all is working but I would like the Products Model in the url. Is this possible?

Thanks for a great add-on /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Thanks
Colin

#3457   cornishpirate

cornishpirate
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 15:46

I use a few ReWriteRule in my htaccess in the form

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-717.html$ product_info.php?products_id=616

When invoked, the USU5 404 page gets displayed, whereas with 'SEO URLs', it worked fine.

Any thoughts on how I can get round this?

#3458   trier

trier
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 13:46

Hi,

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO ( r205 ) osC 2.3 -

Though it is probably quite trivial, can anyone please help answer a question I have on this feature (I’m hoping to be luckier than my previous question on this thread which brought no response).

I may be going nuts, I may have done something wrong, it may be working as expected (perhaps you can check yours and let me know) -

When listing products for a Manufacturer (product_listing.php), hovering over a product item shows the expected URL for the product info page but the URL doesn’t include the ‘&manufacturers_id=’. Clicking on the product item loads the correct page with the expected URL (without the ‘&manufacturers_id=’). However, the breadcrumb trail shows Home>>Category>>Product instead of Home>>Manufacturer>>Product (as it did in the osC 2.2 version).

Swapping the products_id and the manufacturers_id around in the call to tep_href_link causes the ?manufacturers_id to show in the URL when hovering over the product name in the product listing but it is ‘mislaid’ when going to the product_info page.

#3459   arcadia128

arcadia128
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 16:51

To work in Catalan language is necessary create a new file if you have selected catalan.php (CAT) in your shop.

This file catalan.php go to:

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/character_conversion/catalan.php

The code:

<?php
/**
* ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5
* @package Ultimate Seo Urls 5
* @copyright Portions Copyright 2005 Bobby Easland
* @lastdev $Author:: Rob											  $:  Author of last commit
* @lastmod $Date:: 2010-12-01 11:12:10 +0000 (Wed, 01 Dec 2010)	   $:  Date of last commit
* @version $Rev:: 187												 $:  Revision of last commit
* @Id $Id:: espanol.php 187 2010-12-01 11:12:10Z Rob				  $:  Full Details  
*/

// Spanish
  $char_convert = array('&#225;' => '', '&#233;' => '', '&#237;' => '', '&#241;' => '',
						'&#224;' => '', '&#232;' => '', 'l&#180;' => '', 'd&#180;' => '',
						'&#243;' => '', '&#250;' => '', '&#252;' => '', '&#193;' => '',
						'&#201;' => '', '&#205;' => '', '&#209;' => '', '&#211;' => '',
						'&#218;' => '', '&#220;' => '', '&#191;' => '', '&#161;' => '');
?>

Or add a line of code to the file espanol.php if we defined the Spanish language in our shop.

'&#224;' => '', '&#232;' => '', 'l&#180;' => '', 'd&#180;' => '',

Hi, this symbol not work in the seo url utlimate 5.

The symbol is l.l

I insert this code but does not work:

'l.l' => '', 'L.L' => '', '´l' => '', '´L' => '',

Thanks!!!

#3460   buylites

buylites
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 20:13

I've gotten my install of this distribution working perfectly. The last thing I would like to do is remove the .html at the end of my urls. I know I need to do some editing of my .htaccess file, but not sure what to change. Will anyone please share their code that will do this for me? Thank you!

Edit***

I have gotten my links to work without the .html extension, but when they are generated in my catalog it is automatically added. Looks like I need to change something besides .htaccess to get this working, any help in pointing me to the associated .php?

Edited by buylites, 19 September 2011 - 20:15.