[Contribution] Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#21   rwslippey

rwslippey
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 00:56

My Quantity Discounts contribution permits you to offer discounts that are structured many different ways:

* By total number of items purchased
* By number of items purchased, counting per item
* By number of items purchased, counting per category
* Counting by items or by number of dollars spent, in any of the ways above
* Specifying the discount as a percentage, a flat dollar figure or dollars per item

The contribution is here:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6751

Is it possible to discount different items.. example...

just to add to the explination, the site is going to be selling bumper stickers(yes most are pretty funny)

each sticker has a different saying If someone buys 1 my price is $3 however if someone buys 3 I need to discount it to $5... (but obviously no one is going to buy 3 of the same kind their goin to pick 3 different saying... I hope I explained that right...

Thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob

#22   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:06

Yes, there are many ways to "count" (by item, category or total number of items in the cart). Download it and read the documentation and you'll see.
Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts, for osCommerce 2.2, 2.3.x and 3.0. See my profile for more details.

#23   rwslippey

rwslippey
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:15

Yes, there are many ways to "count" (by item, category or total number of items in the cart). Download it and read the documentation and you'll see.

I appriciate your response and yes I should have downloaded it before asking for support however I've downloaded about 6 different cart software in the past week trying to find something with support so I figured it good to ask first this time...

I'll be better able to upload it when I get home from work and Ill check it out. Appriciate the contribution...

Rob Slippey

#24   rwslippey

rwslippey
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:39

I appriciate your response and yes I should have downloaded it before asking for support however I've downloaded about 6 different cart software in the past week trying to find something with support so I figured it good to ask first this time...

I'll be better able to upload it when I get home from work and Ill check it out. Appriciate the contribution...

Rob Slippey

quick question.. just checked out your instructions here... am I to copy the entire folder or catlog by it self and is to be pasted in what directory?

#25   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 23:42

If you are using CCGV and Quantity Discounts, you should install the change described here:

http://www.thatsoftw...ounts.html#CCGV

Scott
Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts, for osCommerce 2.2, 2.3.x and 3.0. See my profile for more details.

#26   PrettyPlanters

PrettyPlanters
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 15:11

Hi,

I'm trying to do a buy 2 get cheapest half price type offer, is this possible with this module?

#27   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 15:13

I'm trying to do a buy 2 get cheapest half price type offer, is this possible with this module?

No.

#28   PrettyPlanters

PrettyPlanters
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 15:18

Are you aware of any modules which would fulfil this?

#29   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 15:21

I've written a bunch of discounting logic for Zen Cart that I will, at some point, probably migrate to osCommerce.

#30   PrettyPlanters

PrettyPlanters
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 15:34

That sounds very interesting. It seems that some very basic discounting is lacking for osc, such as 3for2 and the per item discounts as I described above.

Thanks

#31   blumunkeeboy

blumunkeeboy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:55

I am trying to install the discount into my cart. I am running osCommerce v2.2 RC2. I have downloaded the mod and tried to install it by uploading the unzipped folder to the root level of my store. I don't get the choice of the quantity discounts in the modules/order total. Am I missing a step?

#32   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 14:18

Yes. The directories from the zip should be identical to where you place the files in your cart.

#33   ramjias

ramjias
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 20:38

I installed this contrib and it works great! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
However I also wanted to include the marketing text, example 1 as shown on your demo website. Could you give an indication as to where in the catalog/product-info. php the code should be inserted? I have no knowledge of php so I am having some difficulty finding that....
Thanks in advance!
Shirley

#34   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 20:59

Try just above the end of the table at the bottom of the file.

#35   ramjias

ramjias
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 21:05

Try just above the end of the table at the bottom of the file.

Thanks!
I've added it just below the line " This product was added to our catalog...." around line 210.

Kind regards,
Shirley

#36   iperez_genius

iperez_genius
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:43

In my cart i want customer who buy any three shirts from categories

23 34 and 65 to receive a discount.

at the moment as per the current addon setup if categoeis 34 and 65 are within cat 23 then this will work but

the three categories 23, 34, and 65 are stand alone categories.

Anyone know how to do this?

Also i only want this discount to apply to a specific list of categories and not every category in the cart.

How can i set that up.

Ilan

#37   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:00

If you're using my Quantity Discounts module, you can use the function "exclude_category()" to exclude specific categories (or just include the 3 you want and exclude all others). Please read the help on my home page; there are examples of how to do this.

#38   robus

robus
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 16:17

I have installed the mod, everything looks to be installed correctly I think my levels are set correctly but I see nothing about discounts at the order confirmation page just seems to not be there. I did accidentally install the version for ocs 3.0 and even though I made a backup it didn't restore correctly. so I installed the one for ocs 2.2 deleted the extra files and directories from the 3.0 install, installed the correct ones. It shows up installed on my mod list, allows me to edit the levels, but doesn't show up at check out.

#39   robus

robus
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 16:43

I have installed the mod, everything looks to be installed correctly I think my levels are set correctly but I see nothing about discounts at the order confirmation page just seems to not be there. I did accidentally install the version for ocs 3.0 and even though I made a backup it didn't restore correctly. so I installed the one for ocs 2.2 deleted the extra files and directories from the 3.0 install, installed the correct ones. It shows up installed on my mod list, allows me to edit the levels, but doesn't show up at check out.

found the sort order problem =]

#40   swguy

swguy
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 16:46

Glad you're all set. That has stung me several times too. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />