• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping/Packaging in Admin/Configuration

albert

Hi,

can anyone me explain what the following in Admin/Configuration/Shipping/Packaging is for? What's the use of it?:

Enter the maximum package weight you will ship

Package tare weight

Larger packages - percentage increase

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Albert Kastl

Thank you SO much for asking that question.

I was going round in circles wondering why all my parcels were 3Kg heavier than they should be....

....and it's down to the "TARE" weight in the settings you are asking about. This allows you to set a default weight for a parcel (it may be what the average packing weighs, which you'd need to add to any product weight).

Larger packages may involve an additional insurance premium or other financial penalty - or bigger and stronger packing.

The configuration lets you set them.....and I couldn't find it to turn it off until you asked the question, so thanks again.

Gavin.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have a similar question. I would love to have a maximum packing weight that I'm willing to ship, but when I add things to my cart that weigh more than this maximum, the check-out process continues normally. Is there a way to use this feature?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I still would need an exact answer to "Larger packages - percentage increase":

So if a package is heavier than the maximum package weight the input for this function is used, right? And if I enter here 10 then the shipping rate is increased by 10%, right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Albert Kastl

Archived