• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CC Module - All please read

I am in the process of updating my cc module(for contribution) and need some help/info from you guys.

The info i need is as follows;

1. the first six digits from you credit/bank payment cards. (this is the BIN - Bank Identification Number)

2. the issuer i.e. visa/switch/mastercard etc.

This lets me identify as many card types as possible. The cc mod i'm working on will allow you to either accept or reject card types by selecting these card types through the admin. It will also allow the collection of cvv, start date and issue number (again selectable in admin).

It will also allow you to delete cc info through the admin after you have manually processed your cards, as well as offering database encryption of the cc info.

Your help is appreciated, plus any suggestions are welcome.

please use the email link below for the info, post suggestions in this thread.

cheers

barry

A customer is almost insisting on these very enhancements. I don't know how to write code, so I was on here looking.

I need to

enable/disable card types

have customer select their card type in checkout

enter the cvv

the other enhancements you're mentioning are exceptional also.

Not to be pushy at all, just excited, but when do you anticipate having that mod done?

So far i have, improved the card detection, card types can now be enabled/disabled through admin, cvv collection can now be enabled/disabled through admin.

Additionally the start date and issue number can be collected also, these will also be controlled through admin.

You can also delete the cc number and cvv through the orders page in admin.

I am currently working on encryption of the cc number and cvv. Once that is done, i will be testing it then i will contribute it.

cheers

barry

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds great. What I am looking for.

Just one question, will this still use the credit card validation?

I do not like the way the osc validation as is now, half of the credit cards that are valid it says they are not.

It would be nice to have this without the validation of the cards as I am validating them offline anyway.

Just a thought.

micky

• 1 month later...

While you are at it you might want to provide provision to connect to a bad card file. A contribution exists already for this, but perhaps your mod would be cleaner as a result of better integration.

Any feature should be able to be controlled through the Admin portion of OSC. And I would put any specific functionalties into a separate menu option so that is would be easier to use with Admin security addons.

Loren

The great thing about beating your head against the wall is that it feels SO GOOD when you stop!

Here is the link that I was thinking about

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...tions,52/page,4

This type of functionality might be desirable in your add-on.

I see the ADMIN functionality of any type of Credit addon playing a big role in it usefullness to store managers

Loren

The great thing about beating your head against the wall is that it feels SO GOOD when you stop!

my latest cc mod has increased admin functionality if you havent checked it out already.

Do you access to a card blacklist so that data could be added to the list?

i will look into this as soon as i find some spare time. :wink:

cheers

barry

i have released a mod whick includes a credit card blacklist with an admin tool for easily adding card numbers

hope this is what you are looking for.

cheers

barry

Barry,

Does your contribution not accept mastercard?

I get this error when trying:

The card you have entered is a <b>Mastercard</b><br>At this time we do not accept <b>Mastercard</b> as payment.

Also, what is the "credit card issue number"? I don't have anything like that on my credit card.

It does recognize and accept quite a lot of major card issuers but i don't have them all enabled, this is a feature in the admin to enable and disable card types.

to view the admin side

http://www.mainframes.co.uk/test/admin/index.php

logon

module

pass

tester

this will give you access to the modules only.

issue number is an extra bit of info that is included on most debit cards in the uk.

hope this makes it a bit clearer for you

Thanks,

There must be something wrong because I have the boxes listed in the admin under modules but no text.

While trying to find that mistake I have this under tools:

Blacklisted Credit Cards

Blacklisted Cards Action

1054 - Unknown column 'date_added' in 'field list'

select blacklist_id, blacklist_card_number, date_added, last_modified from card_blacklist order by blacklist_id limit 0, 20

Archived