• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:18

Hi,

Have just finished upgrading from 2.2MS2 to 2.2RC2a.
In addition I have changed webhost and name of domene for my store.
Both my store and my admin is totally blank, just a white screen, no error message.

Have tried for several days now, buth no luck in figuring this one out.

Right after changing host, I uploaded all old storefiles to my new webhotel and it worked, both catalog and admin showed on the internet.
Then I upgraded from MS2 to RC2a -> both store and admin totally blank
Then I went through all files to change all path directions to new pathdirections and also change the storename and domenename.

In my old store the path was like this: www.mydomain.com/catalog........ (right at the root)
In my new store the path has one extra folder: www.mydomain2.no/public_html/catalog......

I did not think that /public_html should be in the pathdirections in any other files than the configure files, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also I use an old sts free template. I have been told that I must upgrade this. I will start this work now, but could this be the reason that my store and admin now both are blank?

Any idea in which files I can start to look for the cause?
And what code?

Please help anyone :-)

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#62   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 16:34

Only thing I can find in my error log id this:

File does not exist: /home/kjolegal/public_html/404.shtml

Edited by Jan Zonjee, 24 April 2010 - 17:22.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#63   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 17:24

Only thing I can find in my error log id this:

This is absolutely not a file that is standard in osC but perhaps you still have the file on your old host? If not, just make a very simple 404 error page and rename it to 404.shtml and put it there? What do you have to loose?

#64   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 18:51

This is absolutely not a file that is standard in osC but perhaps you still have the file on your old host? If not, just make a very simple 404 error page and rename it to 404.shtml and put it there? What do you have to loose?

Thanks, error disappeared from error log now. Have created new file.
Only error in errorlog now is:

File does not exist: /home/kjolegal/public_html/robots.txt

I searched on my ftp at old host to see if I had a file called this there, but it was not there, so can this one also be just created? And what if so should it contain?

Also, do you have any clues for this problem here? Anything to try out would be helpful :-)) Thanks:

Hi,

Have just finished upgrading from 2.2MS2 to 2.2RC2a.
In addition I have changed webhost and name of domene for my store.
Both my store and my admin is totally blank, just a white screen, no error message.

Have tried for several days now, buth no luck in figuring this one out.

Right after changing host, I uploaded all old storefiles to my new webhotel and it worked, both catalog and admin showed on the internet.
Then I upgraded from MS2 to RC2a -> both store and admin totally blank
Then I went through all files to change all path directions to new pathdirections and also change the storename and domenename.

In my old store the path was like this: www.mydomain.com/catalog........ (right at the root)
In my new store the path has one extra folder: www.mydomain2.no/public_html/catalog......

I did not think that /public_html should be in the pathdirections in any other files than the configure files, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also I use an old sts free template. I have been told that I must upgrade this. I will start this work now, but could this be the reason that my store and admin now both are blank?

Any idea in which files I can start to look for the cause?
And what code?

Please help anyone :-)

Edited by kjolebutikken, 24 April 2010 - 18:54.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#65   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 19:13

Thanks, error disappeared from error log now. Have created new file.
Only error in errorlog now is:

I searched on my ftp at old host to see if I had a file called this there, but it was not there, so can this one also be just created? And what if so should it contain?

See for example Wikipedia. This error cannot be responsible for blank pages though.

Also, do you have any clues for this problem here?

Blank pages and no entries in the error log? Very strange and it makes it impossible to say something about a solution.

#66   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 19:39

See for example Wikipedia. This error cannot be responsible for blank pages though.

Blank pages and no entries in the error log? Very strange and it makes it impossible to say something about a solution.

OK, i will try to look closer to some of the files that were changed in the upgrade. The only thing I can think of is if I have done anything wrong here, because there was a few files where I could not find the code to be changed or it was heavily modded so I tried to change it without taking away anything from the mods. This regards these files:

admin/categories.php
admin/includes/functions/html_output.php
catalog/shopping_cart.php
catalog/checkout_process.php
admin/includes/general.js
admin/includes/.htaccess (did not do the changes as it referred to apache server and my site is hosted on linux).

Could any erroes in code in these files result in blank pages you think?

Also wonder if the reason is that I have not yet installed the new version of sts yet. I was unsure if I should try this now or wait until the problem with blank pages is fixed. But if it might be the reason...?

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#67   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 19:48

Could any erroes in code in these files result in blank pages you think?

There is no point in a guessing game here. Obviously you don't want us to tell the location of the website but if I put two and two together my guess is that your new site is at www. kjolebutikken. no . If I type in that url with /catalog/index.php added to it I'm told that that page doesn't exist.... So what are we talking about here?

#68   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 20:27

There is no point in a guessing game here. Obviously you don't want us to tell the location of the website but if I put two and two together my guess is that your new site is at www. kjolebutikken. no . If I type in that url with /catalog/index.php added to it I'm told that that page doesn't exist.... So what are we talking about here?

No problem telling you the link to my site :-)All that can help me fixing this is most welcome :-)

It's www.kjolegalleriet.no/butikk/index.php (my old domain was kjolebutikken.com)

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#69   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 21:03

No problem telling you the link to my site :-)All that can help me fixing this is most welcome :-)

It's www.kjolegalleriet.no/butikk/index.php (my old domain was kjolebutikken.com)

Pretty weird. The webserver returns a 200 message (http://en.wikipedia....P_status_codes: Standard response for successful HTTP requests.) but even if I ask for a page I'm certain will not be there the webserver returns a 200 code:

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:51:08 GMT
< Server: Apache
< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.13
< Content-Length: 0
< Content-Type: text/html

I would aks the hosting provider about this because this is something you can't solve yourself.

#70   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 21:19

Pretty weird. The webserver returns a 200 message (http://en.wikipedia....P_status_codes: Standard response for successful HTTP requests.) but even if I ask for a page I'm certain will not be there the webserver returns a 200 code:

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

I would aks the hosting provider about this because this is something you can't solve yourself.

Hmmm, I will ask them about this. Thanks :-)

But the strange thing is that it worked before the upgrading, both butikk/index.php and butikk/admin/index.php loaded then, so I instantly thought that I had done anything wrong during the update??

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#71   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 21:25

But the strange thing is that it worked before the upgrading, both butikk/index.php and butikk/admin/index.php loaded then, so I instantly thought that I had done anything wrong during the update??

I can understand you come to that conclusion but it could be a coincidence. I can't fathom why the webserver would return a 200 message when you ask for a page that doesn't exist.

#72   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 21:41

I can understand you come to that conclusion but it could be a coincidence. I can't fathom why the webserver would return a 200 message when you ask for a page that doesn't exist.

Yes, that is really strange. I will ask the webhost and hope they can give me a good answer for that :-)

I have also put the question in the sts template thread. Maybe I can get some answers there too :-)
In the meantime I think I will just start upgrading to the latest sts version and see if somethings might change.

Thank you so much for all help!
Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#73   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:23

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Hi again,

Not much help from host. This is their answer to me :

Your admin page requires authentication.

As for your main page, please check if you have made any corrections to the application. We apologize but this does not appear as a server issue, it looks like something in your settings needs to be changed.

Please check your app.

Thank you.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#74   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:34

Not much help from host. This is their answer to me :

Looks to me they have no experience with osCommerce installations. What on earth should be changed in the settings to have the webserver return the contents of a page instead of just a 200 message with no content. I wouldn't know.

Yesterday evening I suddenly got your 404 page for osC pages but this morning it was back to 200 messages only.

I would double check to see if the webserver has enough permissions to "execute" the PHP pages in your butikk folder but apart from that I have no further suggestions on this problem.

#75   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 17:19

Looks to me they have no experience with osCommerce installations. What on earth should be changed in the settings to have the webserver return the contents of a page instead of just a 200 message with no content. I wouldn't know.

Yesterday evening I suddenly got your 404 page for osC pages but this morning it was back to 200 messages only.

I would double check to see if the webserver has enough permissions to "execute" the PHP pages in your butikk folder but apart from that I have no further suggestions on this problem.

Hi again,

It's strange, they are weell suited for ecommerce they say, and oscommerce is mentioned in their site for ecommerce solutions.
This is what I gor from them today:

Hello. Please check your .htaccess file, there is a forced returning code.

They did not specify which one, so I checked all, but unsure what code to look for.
Doesn't seem to be anything in the catalog/admin/.htaccess

In catalog/.htaccess I have:

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
  <IfDefine SSL>
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
  </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

and

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>

Seems like maybe the first one is the forced return code??? Have no clue about this. Do you?

Edited by kjolebutikken, 25 April 2010 - 17:20.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#76   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,092 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 18:53

Seems like maybe the first one is the forced return code??? Have no clue about this. Do you?

No sorry. But why don't you rename .htaccess htaccess.txt and see if that helps.

#77   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 22:11

No sorry. But why don't you rename .htaccess htaccess.txt and see if that helps.

Renamed catalog/.htaccess to catalog/.htaccess.txt
Did not help. Still blank pages.

Also tried to delete all .htaccess files. No change.

Tried to upload some of the old files from my backup before the RC2a upgrade (catalog/index.php, catalog/includes/configure.php, catalog/admin/includes.php) but still blank pages.

So my plan now is to try to delet all old sts kode and sts files and see if anything happens.
If still blank pages, it HAS to be something I did wrong with the upgrade, I think.

So then I will just have to do it all again.

Thank you very much for all your help with this :-) Really appreciate it!

PS! I also uploaded an index.html page to my root of my store, and this one is visible on the internet! You can see it here:

My link

Edited by kjolebutikken, 25 April 2010 - 22:14.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#78   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 19:23

Renamed catalog/.htaccess to catalog/.htaccess.txt
Did not help. Still blank pages.

Also tried to delete all .htaccess files. No change.

Tried to upload some of the old files from my backup before the RC2a upgrade (catalog/index.php, catalog/includes/configure.php, catalog/admin/includes.php) but still blank pages.

So my plan now is to try to delet all old sts kode and sts files and see if anything happens.
If still blank pages, it HAS to be something I did wrong with the upgrade, I think.

So then I will just have to do it all again.

Thank you very much for all your help with this :-) Really appreciate it!

PS! I also uploaded an index.html page to my root of my store, and this one is visible on the internet! You can see it here:

My link

I am now able to open my store, but not my admin.
I had forgoten some code in the upgrade in the file catalog/includes/functions/cache.php

But now strugling with other problems :-)
Just wanted to let you know that I have got access to the store though :-)
Thanks for all previous help!
Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#79   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 20:09

Hi,

After the upgrade I changed the name of my catalog and now it seems I have a problem with the function tep_href_link
It redirects to an url with the old catalog name.

Do you know if there is something I could have done wrong with the upgrade to RC2a that would cause this problem, and if so, how I can fix it?

Her is the link to my posted problem:

http://forums.oscomm...1

Edited by kjolebutikken, 28 April 2010 - 20:10.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#80   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 20:51

Hi,

After the upgrade I changed the name of my catalog and now it seems I have a problem with the function tep_href_link
It redirects to an url with the old catalog name.

Do you know if there is something I could have done wrong with the upgrade to RC2a that would cause this problem, and if so, how I can fix it?

Her is the link to my posted problem:

http://forums.oscomm...1

Fixed it :-)
Very silly mistake.
Had done the canges, but forgot to make the file writable first, so the changes was not saved :-)
Best regards
Kjolebutikken