• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41   mpwtreasure

mpwtreasure
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 15:23

Thank you Jan for your answer.

Do you think, this will make faster the sql work? I've change my php4 server to php5 and now the search work is so slow than php4 server.

RC2 changes can make this faster?

Thank you again for your big work.

Kind regards.

Cesar

I found it
Catherine Funderburg

#42   mt24

mt24
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 15:45

I have updated my shop on my local server (to test before the online one) to RC2a by updating the database and replacing the necessary files with the new ones (no mods as far as I can remember!).

Now I get 2 errors (maybe more if the app let me get further):
Going to 'account.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 's.public_flag' in 'where clause'", and going to 'checkout_success.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 'os.downloads_flag' in 'where clause'".

Yet I have checked the database and the sql upgrade has inserted the public_flag and downloads_flag columns correctly.

Any suggestions most welcome.

PS on this local server I have not upgraded the Admin section yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would interfere with the shop side, would it?

#43   Fly Dragon

Fly Dragon
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:12

I using OSC MS2 with template #9005 (in templatemonstor).
After Upgrade to RC2a then lost template in front.
How to upgrade to RC2a then not lose my template?
Thanks!

#44 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 15:50

I using OSC MS2 with template #9005 (in templatemonstor).
After Upgrade to RC2a then lost template in front.
How to upgrade to RC2a then not lose my template?

Be very careful. Some files of the template will be custom coded. You will have to adapt the upgrading to that. Sorry, no silver bullet.

#45   jhande

jhande
  • Members
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 20:54

Hi Jan,

This is probably a silly or difficult question to answer, but here I go anyway. [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

I have version MS2 2.2 and I made all updates as they became available in the forum and contributions.
My site also contains quite a few modifications from contributions along with some personal hacks.
My site is functioning fine with MySQL 5 & PHP 5, Register Globals - off.

I was told awhile ago that some contributions might not function switiching to RC2.

Should I download and do a file compare just to be on the safe side?
Thoughts and ideas?

[img]http://forums.oscommerce.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]
- :: Jim :: -
- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

#46 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:28

I have version MS2 2.2 and I made all updates as they became available in the forum and contributions.
My site also contains quite a few modifications from contributions along with some personal hacks.
My site is functioning fine with MySQL 5 & PHP 5, Register Globals - off.

I was told awhile ago that some contributions might not function switiching to RC2.

Should I download and do a file compare just to be on the safe side?

Undoubtedly you by now already added some of the things that were in that update or fixed them in another way (like the register globals issue). In your case I would go over it issue by issue. The thing is that the update document is on a file by file basis but at least you get an overview. The included upgrade documens (see extras) are on a per issue basis but hard to copy and paste.

Without a doubt there are certain security updates in RC2a that you missed so far.
I don't think you will have many problems with contributions but you run a risk of errors that you can't explain because the contribution uses RC2a files (like in the admin with the added tep_hide_session_id function that used to be only on the catalog side).

#47   jhande

jhande
  • Members
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 17:08

Without a doubt there are certain security updates in RC2a that you missed so far.

Thank you Jan.

I'll have a look... [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
- :: Jim :: -
- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

#48   webmaster@realshop.se

webmaster@realshop.se
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 13:25

maybe the columns is there but is the index keys there,
i went through the .sgl file, matched them and added
some index-keys and two columns,

furthermore changed a lot of depreved functions eregi, ereg, split
and now it seems to work okey...

//

I have updated my shop on my local server (to test before the online one) to RC2a by updating the database and replacing the necessary files with the new ones (no mods as far as I can remember!).

Now I get 2 errors (maybe more if the app let me get further):
Going to 'account.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 's.public_flag' in 'where clause'", and going to 'checkout_success.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 'os.downloads_flag' in 'where clause'".

Yet I have checked the database and the sql upgrade has inserted the public_flag and downloads_flag columns correctly.

Any suggestions most welcome.

PS on this local server I have not upgraded the Admin section yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would interfere with the shop side, would it?

#49   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 18:18

Hi,

I'm also in need for updating my store from 2.2 MS2 since my host has updated the system to PHP 5.3. And I get all sorts of error messages because of this.
I started building the shop 4 years ago, but never finished it, and now I want to finish it and open the store, at last :-)

I have a heavily moded store, so I would really like to not have to install all contributions once again, and solve all old problems again :-)

I read somewhere that there was a contribution or several that could help me update and not remove all the contributions and code I have changed and added.
Somebody know which contribution/s these are?

If I have to reinstall all contributions, will it be the same amount of work updating from 2.2 MS" to RC2a or RC3, as just installing a fresh RC2a or RC3 and start all over again?

Thanks for all help I can get :-)
Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#50 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:30

I read somewhere that there was a contribution or several that could help me update and not remove all the contributions and code I have changed and added.
Somebody know which contribution/s these are?

See the first post in this thread. Although upgrading to RC2a will not help with the "deprecated" errors you get with PHP5.3 (easy to suppress though). The next release will be released soon though (weeks?) and that should fix those particular errors in a definitive way.

#51   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 19:16

OK, so the errors I have will not be fixed with upgrading to RC2a, but it will with RC3 when the final version is released? Or would it be the same if I instead install the RC3 Alpha version now? Would be nice not to have to wait several weeks before I do anything to fix this :-) Or do some of you know how to fix the code in my exisiting files so that the errors caused by PHP 5.3 disappears in the meantime?
Seems to be several Functions errors, like this one f.eks.:

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 104

or:

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php on line 15

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#52 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 20:11

Or do some of you know how to fix the code in my exisiting files so that the errors caused by PHP 5.3 disappears in the meantime?
Seems to be several Functions errors, like this one f.eks.:

As I said, change two lines in each application_top.php. See e.g. this post.

#53   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 13:56

Thank you so much, this worked fine, except for on one page (root/catalog_products_with_images_full.php), where I still get this message:

I also gei this mesage all over the place:

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 42

Is these also related to the php5.3?

Thank you so much for your help :-)
Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#54   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 14:27

Managed to fix the deprected error mentioned above :-)))
But still has this error:

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 42

Edited by kjolebutikken, 04 April 2010 - 14:27.

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#55 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 14:34

Managed to fix the deprected error mentioned above :-)))
But still has this error:

I remember that one now that I see you are from Norway. In Norway there are no decimals in the price and instead of using a zero as number of decimals for the currency you simply entered nothing. That is not what the osC developers expected you to do.

#56   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 15:06

Ok :-)

So do I have to change something to this code which is on the line the error refers to (42) in includes/classes/currencies.php?:

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format(tep_round($number * $rate, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places']), $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

Sorry for bothering you. Thanks :-)
Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#57 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 15:47

So do I have to change something to this code which is on the line the error refers to (42) in includes/classes/currencies.php?:

No, you have to go your admin/currencies.php and then for the Norway Kroner you have to edit the setting and enter a zero in the input field for Decimal Places that is now blank.

#58   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 16:03

OK; thanks :-) I tried to put in a 0 but this did not work. Guess I did'nt find the right code to change in the file. What does the code look like?

Best regards
Kjolebutikken

#59 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 16:12

I tried to put in a 0 but this did not work. Guess I did'nt find the right code to change in the file. What does the code look like?

Who said anything about changing code? You don't remember how to change your currency? I told you: either go straight to admin/currencies.php or click though: admin->Localization->Currencies. There you see Norway Kroner, click the blue i with a circle around it, click on Edit, go to the input field for Decimal Places and fill in a zero.

#60   Kjolebutikken

Kjolebutikken
  • Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 16:19

Who said anything about changing code? You don't remember how to change your currency? I told you: either go straight to admin/currencies.php or click though: admin->Localization->Currencies. There you see Norway Kroner, click the blue i with a circle around it, click on Edit, go to the input field for Decimal Places and fill in a zero.

Sorry for misunderstanding you :-) I thought you meant in the file. I managed to get it right now :-) Thank you so much and sorry for being so slow :-) 4 years since I worked with this, so I guess it takes some time to get back at it :-)

Thanks!
Best regards
Kjolebutikken