• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint Trouble: Numerous warnings on checkout

hollowplanet

Greetings All -

So, I've successfully installed a recent snapshot and am trying to tweak the Linkpoint contribution (the full one, using the $95 PHP Wrapper) into working successfully.

After installing the contribution, it appears and is activated, but when I place an order and confirm it (using the test CC info) I get the following from my server:

----

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/www/users/hollowpl/howies/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php3 on line 287

Warning: fopen("temp/TEMPFILE_2003129181315_29267", "w") - No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/hollowpl/howies/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php3 on line 131

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/hollowpl/howies/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php3:287) in /usr/www/users/hollowpl/howies/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 23

----

The first error looks like there is some sort of old code present, but I'm not sure.

From reading other posts, I thought that errors 2 and 3 might be related to a missing "temp" folder/path, but I believe it to be there, with the proper permissions.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

jonny slumpff

Ok all, here's what I came up with for solutions:

1. The instructions for the contribution say create a /temp folder in the "root", but that's pretty vague. What you should do is create the /temp folder in the location:

/catalog/temp and then CHMOD it to 777

This took care of error #2.

2. The other 2 errors (1 and 3) were due to some deprecated syntax in the linkpoint file lpphp.php. The nature of the error was handily pointed out by wasson65.

To bypass this error (but not solve the root of the problem) you need to tell the PHP server it is allowed to use the old syntax. Try the following:

Navigate to /rootfolder/catalog and edit the htaccess file.

Add the following line:

php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference 1

Hopefully all is well after these changes! Good luck -

peace ~

jonny slumpff

hollowplanet