Some thoughts about iosc Mobile:
- I agree that the arguments for a specific set of mobile optimized pages were valid until now and had advantages in comparation to responsive design, faster page load etc.
- However once most mobile devices use G4 connection and modern devices with double processer and plenty of memory will be mayority on the market, there is IMO not much reason left for the additional cost and work.
- Core oscomerce will soon include responsive design based on bootstrap and will be touch screen optimized.
- BS is already available for the actual core versions 22.214.171.124 and 2.3.4.
- Amazon, walmart etc. do not use oscommerce and oscommerce users are not Amazon, walmart etc. )
- When I say "I'm thinking to stop iosc Mobile development" I mean to stop including new features and to stop continue support for the next versions based on BS (OSC 2.4, 2.5). But of course I still will be ready to update fixes and compatibility support for the actual core versions at least for some more time.
- Together with Scott we just prepared the PayPal App support which will be published soon.
- It's just that I believe in very short time the BS core versions will leave it without sense to offer the ioscMobile add-on in competition and I prefer to use time, energy and experience to improve the core BS responsive solution rather then to continue with iosC Mobile dev.
- I any case I believe it's quite "mature" and doesn't need more improvements or new features.