[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#241   bumbarash

bumbarash
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 14:50

This is Release v2.0(beta) of iOSC - mobile version of OSCommerce for iPhone.
Previous version of iOSC had to many compatibility problems because mobile files where located in separate subdirectory.
This is different approach and all mobile files are located on the same catalog.
Please , give it a try and let me know about any issues.

#242   PiLLaO

PiLLaO
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 16:43

catalog/mobile/mobile_index.php doesn't exist.

it will go to catalog/mobile_index.php??

running catalog/mobile_index.php show blank page with up menu

Edit for blank page using "domxml-php4-to-php5.php" comment previusly for another partner in this forum solve the problem /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Bye!!

Edited by PiLLaO, 05 August 2009 - 16:49.

#243   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 15:08

I've successfully gotten the code to work, now that I know it is presently running on top of the RC2, rather than milestone 2.2, that was important to know. The last things that I can't get to work, and am working on presently are:

- mobile_index.php only shows the header, but nothing in the body, no category links present at all.
- mobile_advanced_search_result.php link at the bottom does not function to "view more products". However if I can't get this to solve, I'll just set the sql query to be a lot higher to compensate, 100 should be sufficient, but if this also is a problem, then I'll set it up to 400.

#244   PiLLaO

PiLLaO
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 16:29

I've successfully gotten the code to work, now that I know it is presently running on top of the RC2, rather than milestone 2.2, that was important to know. The last things that I can't get to work, and am working on presently are:

- mobile_index.php only shows the header, but nothing in the body, no category links present at all.
- mobile_advanced_search_result.php link at the bottom does not function to "view more products". However if I can't get this to solve, I'll just set the sql query to be a lot higher to compensate, 100 should be sufficient, but if this also is a problem, then I'll set it up to 400.

To solve mobile_index.php problem, use this: http://forums.oscomm...&...t&p=1415893

Bye!

#245   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 16:58

Aye, well that was a simple solve. Still no luck with the ajax parsing of the "show more results" yet.

Also, fyi: there's a hiccup in the code in mobile_products.php for the "PC SITE" link. Just omit:
"DIR_MAIN_HTTP_CATALOG . " from line 28.

#246   bumbarash

bumbarash
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 19:20

PiLLaO, jholdersatx
Thank you.

Changes in v2.0c
This is Release v2.0c(beta) of iOSC - mobile version of OSCommerce for iPhone.
More errors in AJAX part resolved. Ajax i disable by default right now.
To initialize AJAX go to catalog/mobile/includes/configure.php
and replace last line with

define ('AJAX_ENABLED', false);

Bad link in PC Site button corrected.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6529

#247   PiLLaO

PiLLaO
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 22:22

In header, index y account go to "pc site",

index.php, editing configure.php uncomment //define ('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'mobile_index.php');

account, it will be changing in header.php <?php echo tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT);?>'"> to <?php echo tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT);?>'"> ???

When I click on a category, it's redirect to "pc site"

Bye!!

#248   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 22:56

The redirection might be intentional, seeing as currently, he's trying to run it in tandem with an existing shopping cart RC2. With the redirection in place for WAP broswers, or whichever. Meaning that, if you were on the mobile site on a pc, you would get taken to the pc version of the store, rather than if you were on the mobile site on a mobile phone, it would do the reverse.

#249   bumbarash

bumbarash
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:34

By default for WAP browsers I'm trying to redirect every page to mobile version (if exists)
Logic is in mobile/includes/classes/mobile_redirect.php
If you want to suppress redirect you call any page with
$_GET['redirectCancelled'] == 'true'

#250   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 14:13

There's some kind of glitch that I encountered though that I can't reproduce, when running on my pocket pc smartphone, on opera mini, I clicked on "pc store" as a link, and now it's just "stuck" in pc mode, it won't allow me to automatically re-enter wap mode, so much so that I'm just going to flush my changes and restart the whole installation.

#251   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 22:20

mobile_about.php isn't referencing the proper variable, they're going to "FILENAME_CONDITIONS" but should be going to "FILENAME_MOBILE_CONDITIONS"

Also header.php is linking to FILENAME_ACCOUNT instead of FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT, or the other way around, for uniformity's sake.

#252   PiLLaO

PiLLaO
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 22:53

mobile_about.php isn't referencing the proper variable, they're going to "FILENAME_CONDITIONS" but should be going to "FILENAME_MOBILE_CONDITIONS"

Also header.php is linking to FILENAME_ACCOUNT instead of FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT, or the other way around, for uniformity's sake.

It's the same that I sayd before /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#253   jholdersatx

jholdersatx
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 23:31

lol ! It is, isn't it? Shows how observant I am.

Well I've got it completely installed to the fullest of my satisfaction, and there it will stay. If anyone else wants to demo it, it should be fully compatible with all browsers, mobile, and pc alike.

http://www.steam-brite.com/mobile

Now it IS a live site, so any orders placed will be treated as real, be warned!

#254   stelaras1

stelaras1
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:10

Hello all.

I 've installed version iOSC v2.0c- (latest) following the intructions (placed all the mobile_* files in / directory and then copied the mobile folder).

When i point to my site www.mysite.com/mobile the url is redirected to http://www.rmysite.c...obile_index.php i get the following message:

The requested URL /mobile/mobile_index.php was not found on this server

I have changed anything in /mobile/includes/configuration.php

any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

#255   PiLLaO

PiLLaO
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:13

Hello all.

I 've installed version iOSC v2.0c- (latest) following the intructions (placed all the mobile_* files in / directory and then copied the mobile folder).

When i point to my site www.mysite.com/mobile the url is redirected to http://www.rmysite.c...obile_index.php i get the following message:

The requested URL /mobile/mobile_index.php was not found on this server

I have changed anything in /mobile/includes/configuration.php

any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

A little up in this forum... http://forums.oscomm...&...t&p=1428012

bye!

#256   stelaras1

stelaras1
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 17:55

A little up in this forum... http://forums.oscomm...&...t&p=1428012

bye!

Finallyyyy it worked...
after several tries i 've changed the configuration.php by adding " define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/'); " and now seems to work just fine..

but now i have another question/problem to deal with.

My site has 4 level of menus
For example: PC-> Storage -> Hard Disk - EIDE/SATA - products

I see that i can acess the 3 level of menuw (PC, Hard Disk - SATA) but when i choose SATA i can't get the products /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
i'm using FF and i get the following message: "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

is there a limitation in the levels of menu that the iOSC can support?

i'll try to enable the debug mode
any ideas please..

Edited by stelaras1, 13 August 2009 - 18:06.

#257   stelaras1

stelaras1
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 18:14

edit: i think that the problem is not the number of level but the fact that cannot display product.

I tried with a category that has one level and then products (for instance Motherboards) but nothing happened /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#258   bolsoncerrado

bolsoncerrado
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:35

Instead of getting linked to mobile_xxxx.php i get to the PC links.

So when i touch a category on my iphone, i'm taken to the pc version.
If i search, i do get results in mobile form, but i'm taken to the product_info.php instead of mobile_product_info.php

Why?

Has Che
Actually I have the same problems trying from a PC and accessing either our store or yours! i don't get it!

I'm on a Mac using FireFox and an iPhone with OS2.2.1 and in both cases I get redirected many times to the pc versions of the files, not the mobile ones.

Ideas?

Thansk!

#259   bolsoncerrado

bolsoncerrado
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:57

lol ! It is, isn't it? Shows how observant I am.

Well I've got it completely installed to the fullest of my satisfaction, and there it will stay. If anyone else wants to demo it, it should be fully compatible with all browsers, mobile, and pc alike.

http://www.steam-brite.com/mobile

Now it IS a live site, so any orders placed will be treated as real, be warned!

I managed to click on your link with Firefox on a Mac and i could see your store for a while.

Then closed the browser window.

Then clicked again, and your site is blank :?

Now, mind sharing all the improvements you applied to 2.0c? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

#260   stelaras1

stelaras1
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 19:50

I managed to click on your link with Firefox on a Mac and i could see your store for a while.

Then closed the browser window.

Then clicked again, and your site is blank :?

Now, mind sharing all the improvements you applied to 2.0c? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Obviously the contribution has not been standardized yet.
Although its a very flexible and handy add-on it has some strange behaviour :/ like the example you mention..
my issue is that it does not display products..

Edited by stelaras1, 16 August 2009 - 19:51.