Support for Discount Coupons by Burt

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21   lindsayanng

lindsayanng
  • Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 20:18

actually, if you had a specific ID for each gift voucher purchased, they can print off as many times as they want, but they will ONLY be allowed to use it once.. Like it the grocery store, there are LOADS of giftcards on racks for sale.. someone COULD steal them, but they wouldnt work because the gift vouch ID number is not associated with an amount yet.. And with this, the ID is associated with an amount, and once the amount is used up, they acnt use it.. not matter HOW many tmes they print it.

Does this make sense? I hope it does..

The PDF idea is great, but if you can get the IDs working similar to that of a coupon, but instead of the coupon only working on the one single purchase, if the value of the "coupon" (in this case the gift vouch) is not met, there is a balance for them to come back and use the same code or ID to finish off the balance on their next purchase. THIS is the way my logic tells me it should be done.. similar to a coupon code.. BUT it would need to maintain a balance if it wasnt used all in one shot.

I hope this all makes sense.
A great place for newbies to start
Road Map to oscommerce File Structure
DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

#22   rcall

rcall
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:19

Are there any known issues of this not working with paypal? We have a customer who we switched over from CCGV to this and when using paypal express checkout (her only processor) the discount is not reflected in the total.
-Rebecca

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

#23   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:15

No known issues with Paypal Express.
Is that the one that doesn't need to go through the checkout procedure?

Responsive osCommerce, join in the fun:
http://forums.oscomm...rom-the-get-go/

--
Making your shop better, one osCommerce module at a time - get in touch, or get my newsletter every 1st of the month.

Big Bang Templates for 2.3.4

#24   rcall

rcall
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 17:22

No this is the one that goes from checkout_payment to paypal then back the checkout_success... The one that Brian Burton wrote up.

Do you have time to do an install on this site for us? By the way, how are you?

-Rebecca

No known issues with Paypal Express.
Is that the one that doesn't need to go through the checkout procedure?

-Rebecca

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

#25   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 17:52

Yeah, good thanks...how you guys?

You probably need to include the coupon class in the express.php file, and mess about with the IPN file in /ext/ as well. basically, you need to add in the coupon bits from checkout_process to the IPN. And be sure the coupon class is in the other file so the order_totals are updated.

I'm not familiar with Brians version...

--
Making your shop better, one osCommerce module at a time - get in touch, or get my newsletter every 1st of the month.

#26   TIREDofBS4

TIREDofBS4
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 19:17

got to the instruction to click install in the modules. and got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_discount_coupon in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 95

me so code stupid not sure what to do any help appreciated

#27   lindsayanng

lindsayanng
  • Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 19:37

you skipped a section of the install. Did you make sure to add th code into the classes ???
DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

#28   TIREDofBS4

TIREDofBS4
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 19:48

you skipped a section of the install. Did you make sure to add th code into the classes ???

yes i just double checked to be sure

#29   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 00:41

Ho Hum. Are you even using my coupon system?

--

#30   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:02

Obviously not.

--

#31   Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Fuzzbutt.co.uk
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 17:03

Hiya, I've just installed this using the "shop already installed" method. Everything seems hunky dory so far regarding the rollout, but it's simply not applying or showing the discount on the checkout_confirmation.php screen. I'll go trawl your support threads for more answers but you can probably post up here faster than I can find it! I am test-buying using a CHEQUE option so have not tried to buy with PayPal yet as I can't send money to myself, I'll have to get a friend to do a test buy for me.

The coupon I created is for multiple customer use.

Thanks

Rache

EDIT - may be having a senior moment here but I've rolled out all your files, however when I go to MODULES - ORDER TOTAL, the coupons module is listed there but the INSTALL button is visible for this module. To enable the coupons do I need to install it, as I thought by modifying all the files, I had "installed" the module?

I know that your README file says

Now you must set up your "order totals" so that the coupon is written to the database
when it is used - and so that it shows up on invoices!

Do this at:
admin > modules > order total

Here, you will see a new entry entitled "Coupons". Guess what? That's what we need to show in the orders...I usually set it to show right underneath the
"shipping" entry.

But you have not actually said what to do. I'm nervous about clicking the install button in case I break my entire website

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk, 26 March 2009 - 17:16.

Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441, UK Garrison
Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

#32   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 17:55

Rache

Easy as 123 - firstly, amend all your existing order totals so that instead of having sort order 1,2,3,4 it is instead 10,20,30,40 etc. Then [install] the coupon order_total module, and give it a sort order of 15

Done.

--

#33   Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Fuzzbutt.co.uk
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:36

Yay it workls! Brilliant!! *buys virtual beer*
Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

#34   Edwards99Rox

Edwards99Rox
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 15:39

It's getting too unwieldy to continue support of my discount coupon contribution on my blog. Henceforth, this thread will be used for Support.

Download Link: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,5743

Hello. First let me say I am not a website building genius.. I installed your Addon wich looks to be just what I need, but I have a problem..When I reach the instruction to go to Admin tool/Customers/click coupon...there isnt a coupon option there...any ideas to help a mentally challenged storeowner?

#35   lindsayanng

lindsayanng
  • Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 15:47

sounds like you missed a step in installation. The part that tells you to put some code in admin/categories.php file i think.

#36   Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Fuzzbutt.co.uk
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 16:30

Make sure the new link is in admin/includes.boxes/customers.php so it reads:

<?php
/*
$Id: customers.php,v 1.16 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- customers //-->
<tr>
<td>
<?php
$heading = array();
$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS,
'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers'));

if ($selected_box == 'customers') {
$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS . '</a><br />'.
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_COUPONS . '</a>');
}

$box = new box;
echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
</td>
</tr>
<!-- customers_eof //-->

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk, 27 March 2009 - 16:31.

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

#37   Edwards99Rox

Edwards99Rox
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 17:22

Make sure the new link is in admin/includes.boxes/customers.php so it reads:

thank you..that did add the option to tool in admin ..however when i clickedo n it says page not found...me must have done it wrong thanks for the tip

#38   Edwards99Rox

Edwards99Rox
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 19:49

thank you..that did add the option to tool in admin ..however when i clickedo n it says page not found...me must have done it wrong thanks for the tip

GOt it !!!woohooo even a blind moron can find a nut

#39   Edwards99Rox

Edwards99Rox
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 21:38

It's getting too unwieldy to continue support of my discount coupon contribution on my blog. Henceforth, this thread will be used for Support.

Download Link: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,5743

ok got it all installed and NO ERROR MESSAGE!!wow
I made my first coupon..
then in a dummy order i entered the ocupon code, but it didnt take anythign off..any ideas?

#40   Fuzzbutt.co.uk

Fuzzbutt.co.uk
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 22:37

See below:

Hiya, I've just installed this using the "shop already installed" method. Everything seems hunky dory so far regarding the rollout, but it's simply not applying or showing the discount on the checkout_confirmation.php screen. I'll go trawl your support threads for more answers but you can probably post up here faster than I can find it! I am test-buying using a CHEQUE option so have not tried to buy with PayPal yet as I can't send money to myself, I'll have to get a friend to do a test buy for me.

The coupon I created is for multiple customer use.

Thanks

Rache

Rache

Easy as 123 - firstly, amend all your existing order totals so that instead of having sort order 1,2,3,4 it is instead 10,20,30,40 etc. Then [install] the coupon order_total module, and give it a sort order of 15

Done.

Edited by Fuzzbutt.co.uk, 27 March 2009 - 22:38.

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"