• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML Based Top Header/Navigation Bar + Dropdown Menu?

commandercup

Hey, I'm trying to build a custom graphical navigation bar for the top portion of my OSC site... how would this best be implemented? Can I just remove some of the excess code which adds headers/banners/buttons to the top of the page and just put in the html code? Is something like STS needed at all?

Once I've implemented the navigation bar, how would I make it so that upon hovering over each button, a drop down menu would appear to show off subcategories for further product classifcations.

The Newegg.com navigation bar shows exactly how I want this to work.

http://www.newegg.com/

Thanks!

Hey, I'm trying to build a custom graphical navigation bar for the top portion of my OSC site... how would this best be implemented? Can I just remove some of the excess code which adds headers/banners/buttons to the top of the page and just put in the html code? Is something like STS needed at all?

Once I've implemented the navigation bar, how would I make it so that upon hovering over each button, a drop down menu would appear to show off subcategories for further product classifcations.

The Newegg.com navigation bar shows exactly how I want this to work.

http://www.newegg.com/

Thanks!

Ben,

STS "would" make this a lot easier but it is not "needed". It all depends upon your skillset of course.

Take a look at the Dynamenu, CSS Menu or even the Categories Menu as an Unordered List contributions. These contributions will assist you in creating the horizontal fly-out type of navigation that you are looking for.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived