Sitemap SEO

• Please log in to reply
825 replies to this topic

#661   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:58

Thanks for mentioning the definition problem. I see I forgot to include the language file. I'm not clear why you had to rename it though. For the other problems, did you replace the class files?

For the rename, when I figured out the file was missing and did that myself, i tried to follow the naming the naming convention I found in the file as so:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONDITIONS', 'Conditions of Use');
  define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SHIPPING', 'Shipping & Returns');
  define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT', 'Contact Us');

That's why i added the word "box" in

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map');

I realize that was a bit of a liberty to take, but I thought any updates would overwrite that anyway, or I'd notice it later if something came up. I can change it back if that would the better approach.

Regarding the class files...this was a new installation of sitemap, so I uploaded the provided files and site monitor shows:

Found a new file named includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php
Found a new file named includes/classes/category_tree.php

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#662   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:06

OK, it seems I changed the category_tree class files for some reason, though I can't find any notes about it. Try replacing the category_tree.php and
category_tree_no_products.php files in includes/classes to see if that fixes the problem.

Jack, this is response to our thread for sitemap on a 2.2 RC2A shop. In this shop's case I was updating my version of Sitemap from 1.7 to 1.8.4

My site monitor records shows I did overwrite the previous files when updating as follows:

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php 2963 Original-> 3010
Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree.php 4273 Original-> 4314

So I think I am OK there.
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#663 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 13:47

Jack, this is response to our thread for sitemap on a 2.2 RC2A shop. In this shop's case I was updating my version of Sitemap from 1.7 to 1.8.4

My site monitor records shows I did overwrite the previous files when updating as follows:

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php 2963 Original-> 3010
Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree.php 4273 Original-> 4314

So I think I am OK there.

Are you saying all of the problems are fixed then? I don't have a Sitemap SEO version 1.8.4. If that wasn't a typo, then it appears you are not using my version.

#664   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 14:55

Are you saying all of the problems are fixed then? I don't have a Sitemap SEO version 1.8.4. If that wasn't a typo, then it appears you are not using my version.

Sorry about that...it was typo. Sitemap_SEO_V_1.8 Must have gotten carried away on the keyboard. It's your version. That's pretty much all I use.

Anyway, the categories and manufacturers links at the bottom of a product listing don't work correct as far as my view of things. I can give you a link to one of sites to see this, but right now I have those two options disabled in coniguration>sitemap seo.

Specifically what I have disabled are:

Show Related Categories
Show Related Products by Manufacturer

both are set to false in configuration because they don't seem to be working correctly

#665 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 15:32

Sorry about that...it was typo. Sitemap_SEO_V_1.8 Must have gotten carried away on the keyboard. It's your version. That's pretty much all I use.

Anyway, the categories and manufacturers links at the bottom of a product listing don't work correct as far as my view of things. I can give you a link to one of sites to see this, but right now I have those two options disabled in coniguration>sitemap seo.

Specifically what I have disabled are:

Show Related Categories
Show Related Products by Manufacturer

both are set to false in configuration because they don't seem to be working correctly

Yes, please provide a link since they work fine for me here in both versions.

#666   benjackson

benjackson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:10

hello
I am not getting the proper naming conventions on both the admin pages, and on my site? I have uploaded everything as per the instructions and also edited as per instructions. I see above that there is a similar error that some people have experienced but am not so sure how to correct it?
thanks for input

MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO on the user page and the 3 admin pages are not labelling properly

#667   benjackson

benjackson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:01

hello
I am not getting the proper naming conventions on both the admin pages, and on my site? I have uploaded everything as per the instructions and also edited as per instructions. I see above that there is a similar error that some people have experienced but am not so sure how to correct it?
thanks for input

MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO on the user page and the 3 admin pages are not labelling properly

its ok worked it out, simply have to put one line of code into the includes\languages\english\modules\boxes\bm_information.php file before the last ?>

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Sitemap');

The 3 admin errors, was my FU, forgot to upload the language file for the admin side.

#668   Alicja2974

Alicja2974
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:28

Hi,
first of all - thanks for this contribution and other one too.
Second - I have problem with this one.
When I select admin ->sitemap SEO->Box Control and in Boxes Individual Control I choose bm_information.php then I fill any gap and update then when I want to see sitemap in my shop I see

Warning: file(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 84

after it I can see the sitemap. I see that the path is wrong. It's

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

should be

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Could you help me. Thanks.

p.s sorry for my English /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#669 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:51

after it I can see the sitemap. I see that the path is wrong. It's

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

should be

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Could you help me. Thanks.

p.s sorry for my English /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

This contribution doesn't do anything with the url's. That's controlled by the configure file. See here for how to set it up correctly.

#670   Alicja2974

Alicja2974
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:13

Thanks.
Of course it was this. I thought that I have corect configure file because my store have been working for 1 year, but I was wrong.

#671   DAVID3733

DAVID3733
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 16:03

Hi There
I have installed ver. 1.7 just noticed that the Related products on the products info page is showing products that are not ticked as "in stock" and being returned as a 404, what page controls this?

regards

david
David

#672   DAVID3733

DAVID3733
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 16:54

I would have thought the line would have been in includes/classes/category_tree.php

here
  $req="select * from products prod, products_to_categories prodcate , products_description proddescr , products_to_stores pts
  where prod.products_status = '1'
  and prodcate.categories_id=".$categori_id."
  and prod.products_id=prodcate.products_id
  and proddescr.language_id=".$languages_id."
  and proddescr.products_id=prod.products_id
  and prod.products_id=pts.products_id
  and pts.stores_id = '1'
  order by proddescr.products_name";
  $products_query = tep_db_query($req);

but that looks ok, where prod.products_status = '1' so it must be calling the list from somewhere else but i fail to see where from
David

#673 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:46

Hi There
I have installed ver. 1.7 just noticed that the Related products on the products info page is showing products that are not ticked as "in stock" and being returned as a 404, what page controls this?

regards

david

You should use v 1.8.

#674   DAVID3733

DAVID3733
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:48

looking at the wrong file, it was in modules/sitemap_products.php, added p.products_status = 1 here

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_status, p.products_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_id != '" . $_GET['products_id'] . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Regards
David

#675   Adamanto75

Adamanto75
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 00:56

Hey,

I just installed the sitemap seo on osc. 2.3.1 and the sitemap seo tab shows up at the bottom of the left column but when I go to admin/configuration the sitemap seo doesn't show up and I put the code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemap_seo.php');

in admin/includes/column_left.php so I don't know why it's not showing up

has anyone else had this problem?

#676 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:27

Hey,

I just installed the sitemap seo on osc. 2.3.1 and the sitemap seo tab shows up at the bottom of the left column but when I go to admin/configuration the sitemap seo doesn't show up and I put the code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemap_seo.php');

in admin/includes/column_left.php so I don't know why it's not showing up

has anyone else had this problem?

If you are not seeing an error then error reporting must be disabled. Try going directly to the page: http://your domain name/admin//sitemap_seo_page_control.php?selected_box=sitemap_seo

#677   Adamanto75

Adamanto75
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 22:18

If you are not seeing an error then error reporting must be disabled. Try going directly to the page: http://your domain name/admin//sitemap_seo_page_control.php?selected_box=sitemap_seo

Yea I can access that box through my admin, but I can't access admin/configuration/sitemap seo and I looked at my code and it says it should be there but it's not....

#678   Neilsson

Neilsson
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 00:43

Hi Jack,

Having migrated my osc installation to a new host, I came across a number of problems, most of which I seem to have sorted out.

However, I still find that all product and category links are broken. After some searching, I read it may be something to do with the SEO contribution.

What information do I need to provide to get help please?
I don't have time for people who don't have time for people!

#679   Neilsson

Neilsson
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:40

Further to my previous post, if I disable SEO url's, the links work, re-enabling it brings back the problem.

Explanation for dummies needed please!

More...

Got this Warning in the boxes Group Control section;

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /.../.../.../admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 162

$boxName = explode(".", $activeBox);
for ($i = 0; $i < count($languages); ++$i)
{
$boxes_query = tep_db_query("select box_page_name, pseudo_page_name, excluded_box from " . TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_BOXES . " where box_file_name LIKE '" . $boxArray['box_file_name'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");
$boxes = tep_db_fetch_array($boxes_query);
$name = sprintf("box_page_name_%d", $languages[$i]['id']);
$excludedBox = $boxes['excluded_box'] ? 'checked' : '';

$activeSection = (isset($_POST['boxfiles']) ? 'files' : 'additional');
$boxArray[$name] = tep_not_null($boxes['pseudo_page_name']) ? $boxes['pseudo_page_name'] : (tep_not_null($boxes['box_page_name']) ? $boxes['box_page_name'] :$boxName[0]);
}
$linkArray = GetBoxLinks($boxArray['box_file_name'], $languages);
}

Edited by Neilsson, 22 February 2012 - 01:51.

I don't have time for people who don't have time for people!

#680 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:41

Hi Jack,

Having migrated my osc installation to a new host, I came across a number of problems, most of which I seem to have sorted out.

However, I still find that all product and category links are broken. After some searching, I read it may be something to do with the SEO contribution.

What information do I need to provide to get help please?

This conhtribution doesn't have anything to do with url's.