Sitemap SEO

• Please log in to reply
822 replies to this topic

#641 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:17

Ok, I can see. Do you have any contribution on getting this done? All I needed is a Site Map like this: http://www.finalyear.../screenshot.gif

This one will be updated before the end of the year, if you can wait that long.

#642   shintaku

shintaku
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:59

This one will be updated before the end of the year, if you can wait that long.

I have no option than waiting! but before then if there is any one here with another Site Map addon that is compatible on OSC 2.3 should kindly point me there. All I needed is a Site Map like this: http://www.finalyear.../screenshot.gif

Thanks

#643   shintaku

shintaku
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:15

Hi Jack,
Is this addon ready for OS 2.3??? Am still waiting...

Edited by shintaku, 10 December 2011 - 05:16.

#644   techs21

techs21
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 17:54

Hey Jack

I installed in ver 2.3.1 but in my admin/sitemap seo i only get one page that is Pages Group Control I am kinda a newbie with this so I am not sure why I am missing pages and why my sitemap is not working can you help me out

ok I see now that this may not work for 2.3.1 which must be why I am having problems let me know when this is good for 2.3.1

Edited by techs21, 17 December 2011 - 17:56.

#645 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:57

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added a manufacturer link for the products page
- Added show/hide products on sitemap page
- Added error checking for addons that Sitemap SEO works with, like Article Manager, to prevent failure if set
- Added code to display extra text on the sitemap page
- Added missing charset meta tag for non-Header Tags SEO shops
- Changed code in Page Control to handle languages better
- Changed products querry string to ignore quote products
- Cleaned up Page Control code so only viewable pages are seen
- Converted all ereg calls
- Fixed box display code
- Fixed several html coding errors
- Fixed coding mistake in sitemap.php
- Fixed coding mistake in includes/functions/sitemap.php regarding curl
- Fixed coding mistake in includes/functions/sitemap.php regarding path to catalog
- Fixed problem where related categories caused invalid links
- Made it 2.3 compatible
- Removed the sql file in favor of the sql.php file

#646   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 16:17

Hello Jack, I am attemping to update my 2.2 shop from 1.7 to V 1.8 via myPHPAdmin and running the mysql command, got an error. Contacted my host tech support they say it appeared to be something with the statement.

INSERT INTO `contrib_sitemap_seo`.`configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Show Related Products by Mnufacturer', 'SITEMAP_SEO_SHOW_INDIVIDUAL_MANUFACTURER_SITEMAP', 'true', 'Display a link on the category and product pages to display all products in the current category (by manufacturer).', '545', '28', NULL, '', NULL, NULL);

Any ideas?

Thanks
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#647 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 16:59

Hello Jack, I am attemping to update my 2.2 shop from 1.7 to V 1.8 via myPHPAdmin and running the mysql command, got an error. Contacted my host tech support they say it appeared to be something with the statement.

Yes, there is a mistake in it. It should be
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Show Related Products by Mnufacturer', 'SITEMAP_SEO_SHOW_INDIVIDUAL_MANUFACTURER_SITEMAP', 'true', 'Display a link on the category and product pages to display all products in the current category (by manufacturer).', '545', '28', NULL, '', NULL, NULL);
Please give that a try and let me know if there is still a problem.

#648   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 17:02

Jack I tweaked the code as follows:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Show Related Products by Mnufacturer', 'SITEMAP_SEO_SHOW_INDIVIDUAL_MANUFACTURER_SITEMAP', 'true', 'Display a link on the category and product pages to display all products in the current category (by manufacturer).', '545', '28', NULL, '', NULL, NULL);

deleting the `contrib_sitemap_seo`.

I ran it and it worked, but the configuration_id was a very high number so I manually edited it to be one higher than the one just before.

Looking at the site, via store front and admin all seems to be in order.

So FYI on that.
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#649   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 17:04

Yes, there is a mistake in it. It should be

We just crossed each other posting...I think I have it but the high configuration_id that myphpadmin generated has me confused, I thought that would on auto increment....

Anyway, I think it's good now.

Thanks and may your holidays treat you and yours well.

#650   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 17:12

Back again....just noticed in a product display page the body is shifted to the left a bit and not centered as before.

Might have something to do with:

No other products were found for this manufacturer.

Which shows, situated at the bottom of the page, but shift to the right.

Just guessing but something in the product_info.php file?

#651 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 17:22

Back again....just noticed in a product display page the body is shifted to the left a bit and not centered as before.

Might have something to do with:

No other products were found for this manufacturer.

Which shows, situated at the bottom of the page, but shift to the right.

Just guessing but something in the product_info.php file?

For the SQL, if it is still not right, it would probably be best to use the uninstall/install scripts, unless you have added a lot of extra pages to the map. That will ensure the database entries are correct. if you do that, you will need to initialize the maps again.

For the display, try changing this line in includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php
echo '<tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr>';
to this one
echo '<div><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></div>';

#652   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 17:39

Updating includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php with

echo '<div><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></div>';

Still shifted to the right.

I don't have any added pages so if you are recommending running uninstall and then install files, I will do that.

Thanks

#653 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 18:26

Updating includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php with

Still shifted to the right.

I don't have any added pages so if you are recommending running uninstall and then install files, I will do that.

Thanks

The database changes I mentioned are just to make it easier. It usually doesn't matter if the database changes are replaced with this contribution since they are easy to restore. But they won't have any affect on the layout. For that, please try this
echo '<tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></table></td></tr>';
If that doesn't work, then it is something in your code - maybe you placed this change in the wrong location? You could try the included file to see if it works.

#654   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 00:17

Jack, after running the uninstall script, then running myshop/sitemap_seo_install.php I got this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Display Products in Manufacturers', 'SITEMAP_SEO_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURERS', 'false', 'Display the products for each manufacturer. This option will cause slower page load times, and possibly a display problem if there are many nested entries.
(true=on false=off)', '1509', '2', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)

[TEP STOP]

I am going to restore my previous database and work around some more with this to see what I can come up with.

#655   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:32

For that, please try this

echo '<tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></table></td></tr>';
If that doesn't work, then it is something in your code - maybe you placed this change in the wrong location? You could try the included file to see if it works.

Jack, this latest code worked, the page displays correctly with the words " No other products were found for this manufacturer." aligned left.

However, while the "related products" link is operating correct I am not sure about the related categories link, and the manufacturers link is always showing no other products for this manufacturer, even though there are.

The related categories link seems to pull up the correct link, but right after follows the entire listing of shop categories, not just the category that would apply.

#656 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:39

Jack, this latest code worked, the page displays correctly with the words " No other products were found for this manufacturer." aligned left.

However, while the "related products" link is operating correct I am not sure about the related categories link, and the manufacturers link is always showing no other products for this manufacturer, even though there are.

The related categories link seems to pull up the correct link, but right after follows the entire listing of shop categories, not just the category that would apply.

The categories code has changed from the previous version, other than some formatting code so I can't guess why it won't work for you in this version. For the manufacturers, does the normal way of selecting them work? Are you using SEO 5? If so, does it work if you turn that off? What oscommerce version are you using?

#657   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:42

The categories code has changed from the previous version, other than some formatting code so I can't guess why it won't work for you in this version. For the manufacturers, does the normal way of selecting them work? Are you using SEO 5? If so, does it work if you turn that off? What oscommerce version are you using?

I am working with this in a 2.2 RC2A shop, using Ultimate_SEO_URLS v22d_10, just doing the upgrade from Site Map SEO Update1.7_to_1.8. I had 1.7 installed for quite a while and I disabled Show Individual Category Sitemap in settings because the categories would just link back to the index page, not the actual category

Anyway, after the 1.8 upgrade, in the site map from the link within the info box (mysite/sitemap.php) the categories, other links, manufacturers all display fine.

It's just the link at the bottom of a product listing for categories and manufacturers that doesn't seem to be working correctly. Meaning when clicking the related categories linked, I would expect just related categories, not all categories in the entire site

So for now with 1.8 in place I am just disabling Show Individual Category Sitemap and Show Related Products by Manufacturer in configuration until I get this worked through. Otherwise, all is fine.

BTW..I got that mysql insert to work correctly I think. It shows in configuration>Sitemap SEO correctly, and I was able to get the true/false radio button choice to work for the Show Related Products by Manufacturer choice.

#658 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 13:34

OK, it seems I changed the category_tree class files for some reason, though I can't find any notes about it. Try replacing the category_tree.php and
category_tree_no_products.php files in includes/classes to see if that fixes the problem.

#659   altoid

altoid
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:13

Jack, working with this on a 2.3.1 shop now.

Needed to change MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO to MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO in includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php, then add a definition for that in includes/languages/english/modules/boxes to the bm_information.php file as so:
define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map').

Also getting the same results as i noted above on a product page for related categories.

Also observing products by manufacturer is showing incorrect info, in one case here, picking up the wrong manufacturer.

Thanks

#660 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,426 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:34

Jack, working with this on a 2.3.1 shop now.

Needed to change MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO to MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO in includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php, then add a definition for that in includes/languages/english/modules/boxes to the bm_information.php file as so:
define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map').

Also getting the same results as i noted above on a product page for related categories.

Also observing products by manufacturer is showing incorrect info, in one case here, picking up the wrong manufacturer.

Thanks

Thanks for mentioning the definition problem. I see I forgot to include the language file. I'm not clear why you had to rename it though. For the other problems, did you replace the class files?